Enabled WiFi Calling on Lumia 950DS for T-Mobile.

Search This thread

anubis23

Aug 26, 2008
NYC
@ Talon Pro I figured out what went wrong, i have to add some registry entries to the adc cab files and then i will repackage and update the original post. stay tuned.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
I have Lumia 950 Dual Sim version. Is there a way to make some changes so that 2 sim cards will be working and visible? Would be nice to have 2 versions of files for people that need 2 sim card support and for others that don't need it.

Mundoo

Sep 15, 2015
Hey, you mentioned an attached zip file in the first post, but there's no zip attached? Is there another place I can grab it?

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
Hey, you mentioned an attached zip file in the first post, but there's no zip attached? Is there another place I can grab it?
Seems you did not read the post from the thread composer clearly or in its entirety, or you glazed over it too fast? The author explained that there were registry entries that were missing. The zip file he had up was removed. The cab files for altering NVI settings work together with the rest of the ADC provisioning files. The cabs alter more hw level settings while the provisioning xml files can build out the registry settings and other aspects of the OS as needed. It is likely there was a goal in mind that took too much time, because all the settings files (NV, xml, prov cabs, modem cabs, everything...) need to all be in tune the same way based on the hardware capabilities. It is tedious to go through all the files and know them line by line just takes time unless one were to build a program to analyze it all easily 😉. I wish I could have spent many more days or hours on this as it was a real learning experience, but it was too time consuming....

Mundoo

Sep 15, 2015
Seems you did not read the post from the thread composer clearly or in its entirety, or you glazed over it too fast? The author explained that there were registry entries that were missing. The zip file he had up was removed. The cab files for altering NVI settings work together with the rest of the ADC provisioning files. The cabs alter more hw level settings while the provisioning xml files can build out the registry settings and other aspects of the OS as needed. It is likely there was a goal in mind that took too much time, because all the settings files (NV, xml, prov cabs, modem cabs, everything...) need to all be in tune the same way based on the hardware capabilities. It is tedious to go through all the files and know them line by line just takes time unless one were to build a program to analyze it all easily 😉. I wish I could have spent many more days or hours on this as it was a real learning experience, but it was too time consuming....
Hmm, it was very late at night when I stumbled across this post. I will admit I just read the entire first post and then skimmed all the replies afterwards.

Reactions: nate0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took off the file required due to missing registry entrys. will repackage the files needed and upload a new version. stay tuned.

Hey guys, attached is the file required to unlock VoLTE and WiFi-Calling on the Lumia 950DS and Lumia 950 (Att) for T-Mobile. Before attempting these step, you will first unlock Mass Storage mode, using HeathCliff74's method using wpinternals here.

If you need VoLTE and WiFi calling enabled on the Lumia 950XL's take a look at nate0's work here.

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for damage incurred to your mobile device for these modifications. If you have problems, you can always replace the modified file with the originals and then use WDRT to reflash the NVI settings.

Things to Know:
    -For the DUAL SIM Models, I turned off the 2nd SIM slot from displaying in the upper left corner as I do not use it. SO DO NOT USE THIS METHOD POSTED HERE IF YOU NEED THE 2ND SIM SLOT WORKING.
    -Also, another limitation right now for this method is, the 5GHz Wi-fi Calling in "WIFI ONLY" mode currently does not work, but the 2.4GHz works for now in WiFi ONLY. I am still working on this, but because of school, i haven't had much time to look into this seeing how it's my last semester. The rest of the stuff should work perfectly, Cellular Prefered, Wifi preferred, Wifi Calling OFF with IMS registration, etc...

After successfully unlocking mass storage, boot to mass storage mode and replace the following files with the ones attached in the zip file.
    1. Back up the entire ADC folder in \PROGRAMS\CommonFiles
    2. Back up the modemconfiguration.cab file in \PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\OEM\Public\MMO\Multivariant

After backing up the files in Steps 1 and 2:
    3. Delete the ADC folder in \PROGRAMS\CommonFiles and replace it with the ADC folder from the attached zip file.
    4. Copy and replace the modemconfiguration.cab file from \PROGRAMS\CommonFiles\OEM\Public\MMO\Multivariant with the modemconfiguration.cab from the zip file.
    5. Copy the MO_VoWiFi_Operator_Name_15818.dll file to \Windows\System32\ folder.
    6. Restart the phone out of mass storage and wait for the prompt to restart your phone for a network update.

Thanks to HeathCliff74 for his awesome work with WPInterals and nate0 for findings on the Lumia 950XL's.
    Any update? Steps taken? Its great you got it working, but post the deets man!
    Hmm, it was very late at night when I stumbled across this post. I will admit I just read the entire first post and then skimmed all the replies afterwards.