@anaheiim. Same problem with that file. "access is denied". Also, I tried the DataPackageManager application. That returns "error while retrieving a list of variant packages" whenever I click "search".
Ok. Your tutorial works. One thing I missed:
1. Data Package Manager requires product type AND product code. I read it quickly and thought it was OR.
TL;DR: User error. I didn't follow the tutorial. Follow the tutorial!
I was trying to use the tools the way I had a couple of months ago (based on other tutorials all over the Internet) ....which didn't require downloading anything via "Data Package Manager". The "old" steps are as follows:
1. Launch "Product Support Tool For Store"
2. When asked to log in, select "CareSuite External" and press "Sign In"
3. Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Firmware Download"
4. Enter the product code for the required firmware and click "Check Online"
5. Check the box "optional Content Files" (I tried it both ways).
6. press "Download".
After I'd press download, a message would come up saying "access is denied" (see attached screenshot)
Ok so lost here.
You state you tried to do this for a Lumia 521 on TM but then you state you don't have a Lumia?
So did you a few days ago get this to work with a 521 Lumia or not?
|faq, lumia, q&a, rom, tutorial|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|