Thanks Meter: 133

By nate0, Senior Member on 8th December 2017, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2018, 10:00 PM |#41  
Flag Bystřice
Thanks Meter: 2

More
language pack cab
please where can I download a language pack for the Czech Republic for the phone Alcatel Idol 4s
11th February 2018, 10:47 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
language pack cab
nate0 and dyasten thank you,i looking for a Bulgarian language pack...isan't have some full language pack with all suported languages?
11th February 2018, 12:19 PM |#43  
Flag Budapest

More
I stumbled across this thread, because I bought an unlocked Idol 4S with Windows 10 (GSM) from MS Store in the US and brought it home to Hungary. It too, cannot be set to Hungarian language, which I fear is also the cause for it to fail to sync all MS account contacts. On outlook.com, there's now an empty 'Contacts' section, and a new one called 'Other contacts' where there's a group named 'Kapcsolatok', which is Hungarian for contacts. There are all the contacts that worked on the Lumia 620, but don't sync now.

I'm a Linux sysadmin and Win power user, so I'm not afraid of giving flashing a try (although if I break the phone, there's virtually no support for it). Could we add Hungarian to the wish list, beside Czech and Bulgarian as well?

Does pushing the cab file via uitool.exe comes after flashing the ffu but still before first boot? I can download the language pack inside the phone, but it cannot be set as 'phone language' so it will not become the display language, just keyboard and date/time formats.

Thanks for all the help. Really great thread. I guess this is why the phone went on sale, because neither does MS or Alcatel care anymore.
11th February 2018, 12:39 PM |#44  

More
language pack cab
I found Bulgarian package and everything alright,for the czech colleague try ://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2017/04/microsoft.mainos.production_lang_cs-cz.cbs_ce21970914c06afbe51f837da220c7502b9ec602.ca b
with http on the front(I can't post a link because I'm new)

Thank you again nate0

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorhead

I stumbled across this thread, because I bought an unlocked Idol 4S with Windows 10 (GSM) from MS Store in the US and brought it home to Hungary. It too, cannot be set to Hungarian language, which I fear is also the cause for it to fail to sync all MS account contacts. On outlook.com, there's now an empty 'Contacts' section, and a new one called 'Other contacts' where there's a group named 'Kapcsolatok', which is Hungarian for contacts. There are all the contacts that worked on the Lumia 620, but don't sync now.

I'm a Linux sysadmin and Win power user, so I'm not afraid of giving flashing a try (although if I break the phone, there's virtually no support for it). Could we add Hungarian to the wish list, beside Czech and Bulgarian as well?

Does pushing the cab file via uitool.exe comes after flashing the ffu but still before first boot? I can download the language pack inside the phone, but it cannot be set as 'phone language' so it will not become the display language, just keyboard and date/time formats.

Thanks for all the help. Really great thread. I guess this is why the phone went on sale, because neither does MS or Alcatel care anymore.

Try this for Hungarian ://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2017/04/microsoft.mainos.production_lang_hu-hu.cbs_d001b638ea53871c84d93f222170ef2b0e2d9b7a.ca b
with http at a front

I follow the nate0 instruction without reflashing the ffu...just hard reset after pushing the .cab file
12th February 2018, 01:46 AM |#45  
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancheff

Try this for Hungarian ...
with http at a front

I follow the nate0 instruction without reflashing the ffu...just hard reset after pushing the .cab file

Thank you all for the help and the instructions. I tried applying the patches you mentioned, but encountered many problems along the way.
  1. First of all, getting to the QDLoader detected was not easy, the links on obtaining the drivers for Windows 10 64-bit did not work, but ultimately I found the drivers here (no links allowed for newbies) .
  2. Second, I too tried just applying the language pack, but it did not work. I already had Hungarian pack installed, but could not set it to phone language. After applying the linked Hungarian pack, it said it could be phone language after restart. I hit restart, and it set the device in an endless reboot. I had to re-apply the open market firmware to use the phone again.

Is there another language pack to try? I tried applying the language pack also still in the first setup phase (although I did select English on the first page), the device rebooted but did not ask about language again ("let's finish setting up your device")... indeed it would be the cleanest if the installer already had Hungarian as an option, but I take it that would require building a new image.

Could you give a little more indication how to have proper Hungarian language on the phone? Without it, I fear it will not be able to sync contact (Contacts vs. Névjegyek or Kapcsolatok, forgot which word it used). Copying contacts over to the folder it wants to use could be messy, because there's already a Hungarian Windows 10 notebook in use, and I'm pretty sure hell will break loose if they mismatch.

Edit: I experimented more, and if I add the Hungarian language pack BEFORE selecting English on the very first screen after flashing, the iutool will reboot the device and I can select Hungarian as the phone language whilst setting up the phone for the first time. To be more precise, I could but it goes into the aforementioned endless reboot. I suspect that the language pack does not match the firmware version. Where can I obtain Win10M language packs for a given firmware and OS version?
13th February 2018, 07:25 AM |#46  
Flag Budapest

More
If I have a working Hungarian Lumia 640XL, is there a way to download the language pack from there, so I can deploy it on the Idol 4S?
14th February 2018, 07:06 PM |#47  
Flag Belgorod
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Can be to flash through QFIL (QPST):
Quote:

patch0.xml
prog_emmc_firehose_8996.mbn
rawprogram0.xml
RTM_IDOL_4S_Open_F1052.16.09031.50700_1052.16.0903 1.50700.FFU

14th February 2018, 07:35 PM |#48  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes! QFIL does work. I had only ran it once and worked fine. One would need to create the patch0.xml file manually as I did not include that in the attachments. Additionally you can create the other rawprogram0.xml files for the other FFU variant files using the emmcdl.exe.
26th February 2018, 05:20 PM |#49  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorhead

Where can I obtain Win10M language packs for a given firmware and OS version?

Go to http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
Type in the OS version you need and 000-88 since you have the open market model. Ex: (15063 000-88 and hit search)
There you will see the listed items. Click download to open the list of cabs in another window and in that window search for the package you want to install.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nate0 Ad-Free
11th March 2018, 09:47 PM |#50  

More
Tmobile locked
Can you give me an FFu when using i can unlock my Tmobile locked phone?
thank you,
12th March 2018, 01:00 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I will flash the IDOL4sPro FFU for the IDOL4s,some questions:
1.Can I use “Idol4S_PRO_WIN_NPRG7627.bin,rawprogram_6071w_OM.x ml”?

-------OK,I found “dyasten” already done. I will follow his steps.
-------the Pro FFU locked simcard。after flashed this FFU,i cannot find carrier。
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6017w, ffu, flash, idol 4s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)