[GUIDE] Unlock lumia x2x and enable Mass Storage mode

Search This thread

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Can i relock bootloader before or after and remove the Engineering SBL3 in upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile? I have a Nokia Lumia 925 or in case of not, Can only remove the Engineering SBL3, use Windows 10 Mobile and leave the bootloader unlocked?

no need to remove... you can use W10M with bootloader unlocked. you need it for glance FIX and others hacks...

only is important to stay on AU builds, not upgrade to CU because bugs...

flashxml

Oct 13, 2011
FXL FLASH FLASHXML
I need to recover my data from mobile "Nokia 625", I proceed like here and it is ok , storage mode enable and root, but no option to partition where camera save picture. I have 14 folder enable , 4 partition enabled but not partition most precious one ... the media.
I recover picture from web page I think. How to access the partition with the media jpg movie.... where camera save this file ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I need to recover my data from mobile "Nokia 625", I proceed like here and it is ok , storage mode enable and root, but no option to partition where camera save picture. I have 14 folder enable , 4 partition enabled but not partition most precious one ... the media.
I recover picture from web page I think. How to access the partition with the media jpg movie.... where camera save this file ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Main OS (G):\Data\Users\Public\Pictures

Last edited:
Reactions: flashxml

flashxml

Oct 13, 2011
FXL FLASH FLASHXML
Main OS (G):\Data\Users\Public\Pictures

The problem is it cannot be scanned by software to recover deleted picture, because it is seen as a shortcut.
It is accessible by manual mod that link, but if you try to recover with software ... the software dont know to scan that shortcut and of course subfolder of that folder
This is what i need to access "*:\Data\USERS\Public\Pictures\Camera Roll"

I attached picture for details

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
The problem is it cannot be scanned by software to recover deleted picture, because it is seen as a shortcut.
It is accessible by manual mod that link, but if you try to recover with software ... the software dont know to scan that shortcut and of course subfolder of that folder
This is what i need to access "*:\Data\USERS\Public\Pictures\Camera Roll"

I attached picture for details

here in ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery app)... just select Qualcomm MMC Storage to scan... no need to enter direct path

H:\Data\Users\Public\Pictures\Camera Roll
in file explorer on PC, this is full path... shortcut not problem for me to access this folder...

Attachments

• Snap295.jpg
    Snap295.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
additional: picture from previous post is is for Image (free) scanning.. with Data Recovery for Windows and Linux option, can select only MainOS partition for scan

but cant guarantee this method works because never used on phone

Attachments

• Snap296.jpg
    Snap296.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

flashxml

Oct 13, 2011
FXL FLASH FLASHXML
Tested and the software it is not ok for deleted media. I access the " Picture folder " and recover only 2 picture " this picture was not deleted. .. I was created by me for testing something " ... all over 100 picture deleted not found not even one.

Thanks for help. I good software for revover it is easeus but this software don know how to acces that partition.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

rejinarudo

Jun 14, 2015
I have a lumia 520 and I flashed the engineering SBL3 and unlocked Mass Storage Mode using WP Internals. I am wondering how do I get into flash mode to flash a custom rom? If I hold the camera button while powering on I get the Mass Storage Mode and if I hold volume up and power I get a screen with a lightening bolt and gear icon and if hold volume down and power I get a screen with the Nokia logo. The device is not recognized in either mode - it has the vendor id 0000 product id 0002 in Windows Device Manager and WP internal will not flash to it.

rejinarudo

Jun 14, 2015
Yes, that worked.
I plugged in usb, waited a moment, then inserted the battery.
I used WP Internals to interrupt the boot process and then I was able to install WinUSB drivers using zadig and relock the bootloader and flash a rom.

Last edited:

Ash2489

Feb 21, 2020
Hey please can someone tell me how to mount my lumia 1020 whole internal storage as vhd in my PC to recover my deleted data

May 12, 2014
So followed this guide. Unlocked the phone. Then tried to enable root access and it's stuck ln 'Enable Root Access on EFIESP'.

Phone: Lumia 625. Loader and SBL 3 are there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    this is a guide to unlock bootloader!

Prerequisites:
    WPInternals: http://www.wpinternals.net/index.php/downloads (Download the latest one, 1.2)
    WDRT: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569 (Needed for drivers)
    HEX loaders: Link
    FFU Image of your phone (You can download it from WDRT or from the site www.lumiafirmware.com)

SBL3 Engineering: Link
    (SBL3 is supported only on: L520-620-625-810-820-822-920-925-1020)

Optional:
    OSFMount: http://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-disk-images.html

Procedure:

1) Download and install Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT)
    2) Download Windows Phone Internals (WPInternals) and extract that in a folder (for example C:\WPInternals)
    3) Create a folder named "Loader" into C:\WPInternals
    4) Download HEX loaders and extract it in the folder previously created.
    5) Download SBL3 engineering archive (Only if you device is in supported list)
    6) Create a folder named "SBL3" into C:\WPInternals and extract the SBL3 Engineering archive.
    7) Download FFU image of your phone from WDRT or from lumiafirmware.com

You should get this:

CydUKlD.png

l69j6Nc.png

Optional:
    urmgeCg.png

Now, connect your Windows device and start WPInternals:
    AQRWgmW.png

Go to "Unlock bootloader" (on the left) and press ok, your phone will be rebooted into flash mode:
    V2OseAI.png

After entering flash mode you should do:
    The first one you need to select an FFU image
    (If you downloaded it from WDRT, go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\RM-xxx\ and select the ffu image file. WARNING: ProgramData is an hidden folder!)
    The second one, select the folder "C:\WPInternals\Loader"
    The third one, if you device is supported, select your SBL3 Engineering image (In my case, Lumia 920) from the folder "C:\WPInternals\SBL3".
    BEWARE that you can brick you phone if you flash the wrong image.

You should get this:
    V6bIegC.png

Now press continue and wait.

Z8KHpWD.png

NfU1dSs.png

DONE! You have successfully unlocked your phone!

If you flashed the SBL3 image, you can access to Mass Storage Mode.
    is it necessary for what?

Editing BCD, creating custom roms, and so on (and someone expert can create custom rom based on android for example!)
    Is there a way to do this on other version of WM 10 than the ones supported by WP Internals?

Should work on all versions of W10M
    Editing BCD, creating custom roms, and so on (and someone expert can create custom rom based on android for example!)

Thanks for your kind reply. That's massive!
    I have a question about the tutorial unlock bootloader in lumia 520
    have lumia 520 build 10586.242 windows 10 mobile and my question is work tutorial in the version build ?
    Yes, it should work with that version.
    Beware! I just tried unlocking the bootloader of 10586.242 on a Lumia 925 (RM-892) and got stuck at "Sending Loader". Next I'll go the recommended way:
    • Flash a Windows Phone 8.1 FFU
    • Run Windows Update until you have at least version 8.10.14219.341 of the OS
    • Unlock the bootloader using an Engineering SBL3 (only possible on compatible phones)
    • Run the Windows Insider tool and update to Windows 10 Mobile, possibly needs to run Windows Update a couple of times for the latest build
    • Enable Root Access directly on the phone
    • Bonus: Create a Cusom ROM

// update:
    After several failed attempts (*aaaahahhhrhhrrgggg!!!!111111eleven*) I finaly got it:
    Drivers from the Nokia Care Suite and the correct(tm) loader ftw. :)