It's time to update Win10 Mobile Offline Update Package to V5.2 (still beta5), then a next step - Semi-Offline Update Package V5.3 beta 6, or "WXM-SOUP".
- I merged every packages that need to be pushed into one.
- I created a tool to allow us analyze the phone, target packages and push them.
- Because of that, you will not encounter keyboard issue like before, but we still recommend you to remove lockscreen password before you proceed.
Just a little warning:
I've noticed someone in China is reselling this package to others for a pretty unreasonable price. To prevent this happen in V5.2 release, we added server-side checksum verification.
You can still use it even you don't have Internet connection or my server down in the future.
Win10 Offline Update Package Project is never meant for sale - if you bought this from someone, you've been scammed and you must request refund or report the seller who sold you this.
Chinese translation of the warning above:
最近，我注意到在中国，有人正在以非常不合理的价格出售Win10 Mobile离线更新包项目。为了防止这个事情在本次版本发生，我们添加了服务端校验检查，以确保工具确实 是我们提供的正确版本。
Win10 Mobile离线更新包项目不可转卖——如果你从他人手中购买了这份更新包，你应当立即申请退款或者是向平 台举报卖家。
All 4GB ROM models, e.g: Nokia Lumia 530, HTC 8S, Huawei Ascend W1, Hisense E260T+, K-Touch E8
Cancelled 5th Generation Lumia prototypes, e.g. Honjo
Then you tell me.
How to use?
Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2pCzz5_znY
1. The OS Version of your phone must be at least 8.10.14219.341. If it's older than 8.10.14219.341, update it before you use the package. Most of phones should be able to search updates.
Samsung ATIV S and ATIV SE users can download required packages from "WP8.1_Offline_Specific_Models.txt" in attachment below.
2. Download Win10 Mobile Semi-Offline Update Package V5.3 beta 6 from the attachment (HCTSW_WXMSOUP_V5.3beta6.update.lzma2.7z) below.
Existing beta 2 to beta 5 owners can also download it and overwrite all the files.
What's new in V5.3 beta 6?
- Download amounts reduced as much as possible.
- Now it will download necessary packages from Microsoft server automatically.
- Allow end-users to provide detailed error reports if error appears.
What's new in Beta 5?
- Replace buggy timestamp acquiring method.
To use this new method, your PC must have PowerShell enabled, which I think Windows 7 or newer OS should have that enabled by default.
This will also make the tool usable in 2020.
If no more bugs, this will become into the final version.
What's new in Beta 4?
- Add Simplified Chinese translation of main executable (win10oup_cn.exe) .
- Ignore the "MMOSLOADER" file to prevent the executable itself.
- Change the logic of judging if WDRT installed.
- Fix the FC issue of beta 3.
- Now it can be used if the path contains space.
- Administrator previleges no longer required.
4. Extract the package and open "run_en.cmd" (Simplified Chinese users can run "run_cn.cmd" instead).
5. Follow the procedure the wxmsoup told you.
6. A "Device and Printers" window will appear. Disconnect (if connected) and remove your phone inside of it.
7. Get back to win10oup, press any key, and connect your phone to PC. Wait 10 seconds then press enter to detect your phone by using getdulogs.
8. If you see your phone listed, input "yes" (without quotes, lower case) and press enter. Input others will let getdulogs detect again, in case it's not listed.
9. Getdulogs will now grab the log and analyze it, after analyze complete, it will copy packages from repo directory to pkgs directory automatically. You may see few "System cannot find the file specified" prompts which expected (usually MMOS related). It can be still done even if your battery capacity is lower than 40%, but we still recommend you to fully recharge the battery.
10. Wait for the procedure complete, you may need to wait up to 40 minutes to get to Windows 10 Mobile 10586.107.
11. After 10586.107 installed, you can now use Interop Tools to hack the model to get further updates. Registry files are placed at "regs" directory, and Interop Tools 1.9.400 (known working version) can be downloaded from:
12. The packages that pushed to your phone is located at "pkgs" directory - you can push it manually when you flash your phone back to WP8.1 and want to update to W10M next time.
Following Content is now archived to users who still want to use old packages themselves.
Translation of this guide
Recently, Microsoft released Over-the-Cable Updater for Windows Phone. However, it still can't update unsupported devices to W10M directly, for supported devices they will start from 10586.107 first. Continue to use my offline update package.
But OTC Updater can be used as your alternative choice for further update, after you modified the model.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD V4.1 instead of V3/V4. V4.1 added support for LG Lancet and any other devices that has Snapdragon 410 Processor and fixed issues for several Snapdragon 800 Devices - Especially Nokia Lumia 1520 and Samsung ATIV SE.
To Lumia 810 Users: Now you can update to WP8.1GDR1 with Offline Update Packages. I knew how painful update to WP8.1 GDR1 on Lumia 810.
Push these packages from PART1 to PART4.
Is there any Huawei Ascend W2 users want a full offline update package to WP8.1 GDR1?
Today, I'd like to present this package to everyone in XDA.
[NOW UPDATED TO V4.1]
It supports these models:
*Microsoft Lumia 430/435
Nokia Lumia 520/520T/521/525/526
*Microsoft Lumia 532
*Microsoft Lumia 535
*Microsoft Lumia 540
Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia Lumia 625/625H
Nokia Lumia 630
Nokia Lumia 635 (RM-974/RM-975/RM-1078)
*Nokia Lumia 636 (RM-1027)
*Nokia Lumia 638 (RM-1010)
*Microsoft Lumia 640
*Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
Nokia Lumia 720/720T
*Nokia Lumia 730/735
*Microsoft Lumia 735 (Verizon RM-1041)
Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile US RM-878)
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 822 (Verizon RM-845)
*Nokia Lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 920/920T (RM-820/RM-821/RM-822/RM-867)
Nokia Lumia 925/925T (RM-892/RM-893/RM-910)
Nokia Lumia 928
*Nokia Lumia 929 Icon
*Nokia Lumia 930
Nokia Lumia McLaren (id315-x)
Nokia Lumia 1020
Nokia Lumia 1320
*Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung ATIV S
Samsung ATIV S Neo
Samsung ATIV SE
HTC One M8 for Windows (AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon variants are supported)
BLU WIN HD/LTE
LG Lancet VW820
MCJ Madosma Q501
HUAWEI Ascend W2
Acer Liquid M220
RAMOS Q7 (Prototype Only)
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1
TrekStor WinPhone 4.7
- Models with * are supported by Upgrade Advisor, these models are NOT RECOMMENDED to use this offline update package.
Need feedbacks from these models:
- Samsung ATIV S (SGH-T899M)
- Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187)
- Samsung ATIV Odyssey (SCH-I930)
- HTC One M8 for Windows (T-Mobile, 0P6B140)
To do that, you must be familiar with how to roll back your phone to Windows Phone 8.1. Windows Device Recovery Tool is necessary.
1. Make backup for your phone, for example, copy data to your PC. And make sure the OS of your PC must be at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Windows 8/8.1/10 are also acceptable, but you must install every Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime and Windows Device Recovery Tool.
2. Check your OS version in about phone. The OS version must be at least 8.10.14219.341 or newer. If the version is lower than required, please update it. You may want to use Windows Insider app from Windows Store. REMOVE YOUR PIN LOCK to prevent from some unknown issues after an upgrade.
3. Download and open the package by 7-Zip. Choose your model and extract the exact folder from it. For example, Nokia Lumia 820 should extract 480x800 folder from 2nd Generation folder. DO NOT EXTRACT cabs in that folder.
4. Press Win(Command)+R, in run command dialog, type "control printers" and run. Unplug your phone and remove your phone in Device and Printers window.
5. Extract iutool package attached below, and open a command prompt window with Administrator privilege. Change working directory to iutool.exe's location.
6. Plug your phone to your PC, then type this command:
7. If your phone is shown in command prompt window, then type this command:
iutool -V -p D:\480x800
(For example I have extracted this folder in Drive D)
8. Wait for about 40 minutes, then your phone will be in Win10 Mobile 10586.107.
9. Open Developer mode in "For Developers" option, then deploy tools that could modify phone's model to your phone.
10. Use any method that you know to modify your model, for example, I modified model to Microsoft RM-1116 (Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM). If you are going to use VCreg or Interop Tools, you needn't to Restore NDTKSvc.
The recommended version of Interop Tools can be downloaded here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=550
12. After the update to another build, I recommended you to perform a hard reset to your phone. That would make the phone works at the best state.
Here's the demostration of upgrade Nokia Lumia 1020 (Hong Kong Variant) to W10M 10586.107:
How to choose the folder:
Lumia 52X, 62X, 720/T, 810, 820, 822, HUAWEI W2: 2nd Generation\480x800
Lumia 1320: 2nd Generation\720x1280
Lumia 920/T, 925/T, 928, 1020: 2nd Generation\768x1280
Lumia 1520: 2nd Generation\1520
Lumia 43X/532: 3rd Generation\43X-532
Lumia 535: 3rd Generation\535
Lumia 63X: 3rd Generation\63X
Lumia 73X: 3rd Generation\73X
Lumia 830: 3rd Generation\830
Samsung ATIV S/Neo: 2nd Generation\I8750
Lumia 929 Icon/930, Samsung ATIV SE: 3rd Generation\929-930-ATIVSE
HTC M8 for Windows (AT&T Variant): 3rd Generation\M8ATT
HTC M8 for Windows (Verizon Variant): 3rd Generation\M8Verizon
HTC M8 for Windows (T-Mobile Variant): 3rd Generation\M8TMobile
Lumia 540, TrekStor WinPhone 4.7: 4th Generation\540
Lumia 640/XL: 4th Generation\640-XL
Lumia McLaren/Goldfinger: 3rd Generation\McLaren-Goldfinger
BLU WIN HD LTE, MCJ Madosma Q501: 4th Generation\BLUWINHDLTE-MADOSMAQ501
Micromax W092: 4th Generation\MICROMAXW092
BLU WIN HD, Micromax W121, RAMOS Q7: 4th Generation\MICROMAXW121-BLUWINHD-RAMOSQ7
LG Lancet VW820: 4th Generation\VW820
- If the pre-installed default IME doesn't include English (United States), after an upgrade by this offline update package, pre-installed IME won't work. Please make sure your firmware's pre-installed IME included English (United States). However, if you modify your model by using Interop Tools by gus33000 then perform another update, IME issue will be fixed. Because this update package is made for Chinese users and China variant firmware at first, I couldn't take care of every variants. Sorry for that.
- To HTC 8X/8XT users: I'm sorry for the promise I made, but the packages doesn't work on HTC 8X/8XT because the MainOS partition is too small to upgrade. That's HTC's mistake.
- To Nokia Lumia 638 users: Please flash the latest China Variant Firmware (India Variant is not as stable as China Variant) to make sure the phone works at the best state, then download Upgrade Advisor from Windows Store to upgrade.
- To Prototype model users especially the cancelled model: Please make a full backup of phone first by using WinHex or something else. If you didn't do that, unbrick the prototype model is almost impossible.
- Because phones with 4GB ROM aren't capable for these package such as Nokia Lumia 530 and HTC 8S, this update package is not suitable for these models.
- To Nokia Lumia 1020 users: Update to Windows 10 Mobile will reduce the performance of precious 41MP Camera. If your Nokia Lumia 1020 is used for photography, DO NOT UPGRADE.
- Glance screen feature will be lost after another update to 14393 or later build, but it's possible to fix by using Interop Tools by gus33000.
- To Samsung ATIV S (GT-I8750) and ATIV SE users: Offline Update Packages to WP8.1GDR1 or GDR2 is available now. Now you can update to WP8.1GDR1 or GDR2 without using SDK Deployment.
- To Samsung ATIV S (GT-I8750) users: make sure you are using XXDOC2 firmware before update.
If your phone's pre-installed keyboard is neither English (United States) nor Chinese (Simplified, PRC), you'll meet a problem that your default keyboard doesn't work. To fix it:
1. Download the Internal IME Fix Package from the link below.
2. Extract your keyboard layout with your language code, for example, if you are using English (United Kingdom), extract the cab with en-gb from that package to the root of drive D, and rename it to 123.cab.
3. Open a command prompt window with administrator previlege, and change working directory to where iutool is, type this command:
4. Make sure your phone is listed in the output. Then type this command:
iutool -V -p D:\123.cab
5. You will encounter an error with code 8024a110, do not panic, the phone is still working with that package. The phone will reboot soon and perform another update to fix your keyboard.
6. After the update, you're able to use your keyboard. Modify phone model with VCreg or Interop Tools, and search for another update, remaining keyboard layout and pre-installed speech package will be fixed along with that update.
Here's some of the possible used language code in case you don't know how to choose:
en-au: English (Australia)
en-ca: English (Canada)
en-gb: English (United Kingdom)
en-ie: English (Ireland)
en-in: English (India)
fr-ca: French (Canada)
fr-fr: French (France)
zh-hk: Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong)
zh-tw: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
You can also enable Mobile Enterprise on your phone. Just extract MobileEnterprise.ppkg from Enterprise_Configuration_File_for_TH2_Builds folder, and copy it to your phone, then tap "Yes, add it" on your phone. Soon your phone will become into Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise. Reboot your phone, Settings - Phone Update, Advanced options, and there's a "Defer Upgrade" available, now check it, then search update. If you still can't get any update, please modify your model and search update again.
Thanks for the collection here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...n-cab-t3234805 , and now it's possible to upgrade old models without Unlock Bootloader and Interop Unlock with SD card and WP8 SDK.
P.S. Only V4 and V3 set available here. V1 and V2 are deprecated and archived in Chinese Community.
- If your Lumia 830's navigation keys aren't responsible, you can push packages for Lumia 73X or Lumia 640/XL.
- If your Lumia 1520's navigation keys aren't responsible, you can push packages for McLaren.
- The directory catagory is depended on resolution, SoC, Virtual Navigation Bar availability, stock language packages included in firmware, etc.
- DO NOT USE Interop Tools provided in Windows Store.
In case that I can't give you help in time, here's some troubleshooting info for you:
IUTool Command Error Codes List: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx
Also, if you encounter a error, don't unplug your phone, type command "getdulogs -o 123.cab" and waiting for Device Update Logs output. Open the 123.cab and open ImgUpd.log to get some hints. If you are a developer, you should be sensitive to error code lines.
Or, just attach the 123.cab to here.
@gus33000 for his Interop Tools
@zephray for LG Lancet W10M Update Package grabbing
DPMason, Ren, Max for provide devices to grab packages
Deprecated version download counts:
V3: at least 25,406 downloads
V4: at least 10,478 downloads
GNU components used: