Help , Mail & calender Not Working after latest update

Search This thread

phil the till

Nov 7, 2018
First time on here so please be gentle with a Newbie
Up until yesterday my Lumia 930 running windows 10 was working brilliantly.
I switched on today and received notifications of new mail messages. When I tried to use email from the live tile, mail opens momentarily then closes instantaneously, the same happens with calendar. No matter what method I use to open email, it’s the same.
I checked my apps list and it shows Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar 16006.11001.20083.0 was updated today.
Any ideas please, I don’t really want to have to a factory reset all over aging as I did a couple of months back, it take so long and I always loos e something along the way.
Any useful advice greatly appreciated.

Phil – Located England UK

twirlspin

May 24, 2017
Nokia 929 - similar issue

First time on here so please be gentle with a Newbie
Up until yesterday my Lumia 930 running windows 10 was working brilliantly.
I switched on today and received notifications of new mail messages. When I tried to use email from the live tile, mail opens momentarily then closes instantaneously, the same happens with calendar. No matter what method I use to open email, it’s the same.
I checked my apps list and it shows Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar 16006.11001.20083.0 was updated today.
Any ideas please, I don’t really want to have to a factory reset all over aging as I did a couple of months back, it take so long and I always loos e something along the way.
Any useful advice greatly appreciated.

Phil – Located England UK

I had a similar issue and a reset caused the exact issue you describe. First the update occurred Monday or Tuesday of last week. Then after a couple days noticed I wasn't getting text messages which was odd. Then noticed my sound notification went off as a text came in but when I opened the messaging app could see nothing in there. Next one that came in I had the phone in hand at time of text and saw whom it was from and was able to search that person and see their text - tough way to run a business!!! A quick search found similar issue back in 2016 and only fix was a reset.

Once I ran the reset I have not been able to use outlook or outlook calendar they open and close within seconds never actually launching. I performed 3 resets since Wednesday and could not get outlook to work or my contact list to load. this morning I reverted back to windows 8.1 and for now though I can no longer get any OS updates thanks to MS stellar customer appreciation initiative (Use our product then discontinue the product line). But I can use the phone with my email, texts and phone again for the first time this week. Soon as my VZW contract is over I am ditching VZW and Windows phone and going back to android.

Sorry I have no real solution for you. I may try to re-image again with windows 10 to see if I can get outlook to work again, but I would suggest finding a 3rd party email client you can install.