Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[TUTORIAL] How to add more languages to the Xiaomi MI4 Windows 10 mobile ROM

1,348 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,513

By Topogigi, Senior Member on 5th September 2016, 12:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought the Xiaomi MI4 to test the windows mobile 10 rom and I soon realized that the ROM provided by Xiaomi has got only two available languages: US English and Chinese. This leads people from different countries to have an uncompletely translated rom (phone language remains English or chinese even if you download keyboard and speech language of your country and you choose the relevant regional settings). You will get a 50% translated phone and you will not be able to use Cortana in your language, for example.
So, here you can find a simple tutorial to let your phone speak your mother language:

First, you have to install the Xiaomi MI4 WM 10 rom as per instructions provided here or in the international miui forum.
After the phone reboots the first time, dont't even choose the language and let it rest untouched until you have performed the following steps:

1) Download the language packages you will upload to the phone from the 10586.107 release here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1456506098 (open the .txt file and select the URLs of the files you need to download, copy them and paste the strings into your browser: it will start to download)
I downloaded the following files for the italian language (just search the relevant files for your own country: it-it is for Italy es-es for Spain, and so on):
http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate....5b168d7ea6.cab microsoft.mainos.production_lang_it-it.cbs
http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate....9a3b1e19d6.cab microsoft.prerelease_protected.mainos_lang_it-it.cbs
You can skip the speech data and the keybord data cabs, as you can download them later on when you will configure the phone.
2) Put the 2 cabs you have downloaded in a directory (e.g. c:\cabs)
3) download the iutool package from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1472659473 open the .zip file and click the .msi to install it on your PC
4) Open the file explorer on the PC and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\bin\i386 . Right click holding down the shift key in an empty part of the window and choose to open a command window right there.
5) Now grab your phone, connect it to the PC via the USB cable, and inside the command window you opened on the PC, paste the following command: iutool -V -p pathtothefolderwiththetwocabs (e.g. c:\cabs as I suggested)
6) wait until the phone reboots and enjoy the Xiaomi Mi4 completely translated in your own language.
7) Configure your phone (download keyboard settings and speech settings for your country), then update the phone to the last available release (14393.67 at this time).

Best wishes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Topogigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Topogigi Ad-Free

5th September 2016, 02:26 PM |#2  
Flag City
Thanks Meter: 503

More
You want be able to OTA upgrade after installing the CABs
5th September 2016, 02:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've just bought a Xiaomi Mi4, when it arrives can I install Windows 10 insider?
It is a 16 GB version, LTE
5th September 2016, 03:55 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtonka

You want be able to OTA upgrade after installing the CABs

Already upgraded via OTA to the last build.... No problems so far!
5th September 2016, 03:56 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkoitalia

I've just bought a Xiaomi Mi4, when it arrives can I install Windows 10 insider?
It is a 16 GB version, LTE

Of course you will
5th September 2016, 05:30 PM |#6  
Flag City
Thanks Meter: 503

More
you mean, upgrade to .107?
5th September 2016, 06:01 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtonka

you mean, upgrade to .107?

I mean upgrade to 14393.67
8th September 2016, 03:15 PM |#9  

More
Finalmente qualcuno ci è riuscito!!!! è da dicembre scorso che vagavo per il web alla ricerca di una soluzione, ma ogni volta non trovavo niente e tornavo mio malgrado ad una rom android perchè non sopportavo la traduzione a metà... ma adesso vado subito a riprovare !! grazie in anticipo vi farò sapere!

edit:
HA FUNZIONATO!!! It works!!!
grazie infinite!! come avrò modo di spargere la voce, lo farò senz'altro!!! complimenti D
14th September 2016, 02:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried this and everything went well.
Right now i have not only w10p completly translated to spanish language, even cortana is working as well
Thank you very much.
18th October 2016, 01:56 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topogigi

First, you have to install the Xiaomi MI4 WM 10 rom as per instructions provided here or in the international miui forum.
After the phone reboots the first time, dont't even choose the language and let it rest untouched until you have performed the following steps

Is possible use this guide also on a device with windows 10 already installed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)