Although Microsoft introduced some APIs to backup apps into OneDrive, many apps still don't use it (Hill Climb Racing, WhatsApp, are you listening? )
This tool helps you to create local backup archives from any of your apps and games; then you can copy them to your PC and then to any phone so you can restore that archive.
Additionally, you can reset the state of apps, which is almost the same as reinstalling them, but is faster and also it can be done on some system apps (which you can't reinstall them)
Your phone must be interop unlocked. Here's a quick how to (for Lumias except x50 series):
- Download Interop Tools by Gustave M. (ARM version) and its Dependencies from here and copy them to your phone.
- Set your phone to Developer Mode (from Settings, Update & security, For Developers)
- Tap on each of Dependencies from File Explorer, then tap on Interop Tools appx.
- Open Interop Tools from app list, go to "Interop Unlock", tap on "Restore NDTKSvc" and then reboot your phone.
- Open Interop Tools again and go to "Interop Unlock", now tap on "Interop/Cap unlock".
After you Interop Unlocked your phone, installing App Data Manage Tool is easy.
- Just get it from the download link below, extract the ZIP and copy its contents to your phone, and tap on the appx from File Explorer to install. (you might need to install Dependencies first)
Download App Data Manage Tool Beta
See and contribute to the source code on GitHub
The interface is easy to use, look yourself
- Uses new version of AppListManager, which now has a better way to retrieve legacy apps info.
- App list caching mechanism for much faster app start.
- Added the ability to backup legacy apps on SD card.
- You can now easily create a zip file from installation files of apps. It comes handy when you want to repack an app.
- UI Improvements.
- Fixed crash at startup on some devices.
- Fixed update checker not working correctly.
- Added link to Store for not currently installed apps.
- UI Improvements.
- Fixed a bug causing some apps to crash after user resets their state.
- Added an update checker to the app.
- Added support for legacy WP8 apps
- App list is now grouped alphabetically
- Initial public release
* This tool is in Beta, malfunctions might happen, and I'm not responsible for any data loss or damage.
* This is the first app I created for unlocked devices, and I'm excited to hear your comments and suggestions