FORUMS

[App] Apps Data Manager for Windows 10 mobile

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 20
 
By ezhassen, Junior Member on 21st December 2016, 04:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just excited to develop an UWP app and wants to share it with you

Main Features
Makes backups for apps and games data to an external storage to save games progress or apps settings and other data.
Restore backup data to any device.
Reset apps or games state by deleting saved data.
Convert backup from AppDataManageTool (By mahdi75) format. (If you made backups by it and wants to restore them by this app)
You can make backups for multiple apps at once in the [Apps List] page.

How To Install
1- Extract downloaded file and copy its contents to your mobile.
2- Enable {Sideload Apps} in [Settings --> Update & security --> For developers] page.
3- Install Dependencies first, then install the app.
4- Open the app and select where to backup apps data.

Notes:
It requires restricted CAPs. (you can try vcREG By vcfan or Interop Tools By gus33000)

Download Link
AppsDataManager_1.2.1041_ARM.7z

Some Images













Change Log


1.2.1041
-Hotfix

1.2.1040
+Favorites:
• you can now select apps and add them to your favorites list.
• In [Apps List] Page: swipe left to toggle favorite.
• Favorites database is saved in the selected Backup folder.
+Backups Collection. (Select multiple apps to backup it's data in one file stored in _AppsBackupCollection folder)
+Archive The Installation Folder to zip file 😉.
+Lunch app by pressing app logo in [App Info] page.
+Search 🔍 in [Apps List ] page.
-Fixed: some bugs.

1.1.1030
+Added an option to backup to a single file
*Some UI Changes
-Fixed: some bugs.

1.1.1028
-Bug Fixed: Backup Restoration for some apps

1.1.1027
*Changed how to Get Data Folder
-Fixed: some bugs.

1.1.1026
+Added Chinese Language. (Thanks nasc77)
-Fixed: some bugs.

1.1.1025
+Added: Error Report.
-Fixed: some bugs.

1.1.1023
-Fixed: App crashes while restoring data.

1.1.1022
-Fixed small bug: [Convert From AppDataManageTool Page] Sometimes The Convert button is not enabled.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ezhassen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezhassen Ad-Free
22nd December 2016, 01:08 PM |#2  
Member
Flag near Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I converted it BUT when i select backup file there are 3 menu options Restore, Open, Delete. When i press restore it asks me if i want to DELETE backup data.
The same when i press delete.
I risked and pressed ok on restore. It seems that it is only wrong text.

Unfortunately like App Data Manage Tool (beta) your app cant restore backup from Angry Birds Epic

I manually copied all folders from backup zip to phone memory data folders and it worked. I don't know why it is not working automatically throug app.
22nd December 2016, 11:08 PM |#3  
ezhassen's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

I converted it BUT when i select backup file there are 3 menu options Restore, Open, Delete. When i press restore it asks me if i want to DELETE backup data.
The same when i press delete.
I risked and pressed ok on restore. It seems that it is only wrong text.

Unfortunately like App Data Manage Tool (beta) your app cant restore backup from Angry Birds Epic

I manually copied all folders from backup zip to phone memory data folders and it worked. I don't know why it is not working automatically throug app.

Thanks for your feedback
I tried to reproduce the problem when restoring backup of Angry Birds Epic data but it has been restored successfully.
Could you try it again with the updated version (1.1.1025) to know what happens by error report?
23rd December 2016, 06:43 AM |#4  
Member
Flag near Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I made it again . Bug report sais: Cannot_GetDataFolder
The same is with tge old backup i made 3 days ago, and new one i made today. Again i made it manually and its working. The folder name is strange sth like {28 lots of numbers and letters......}
I have uploaded backup files to Onedrive (earlier one and todays one)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx8noSsS3cthvo2fO0OcmpSZHeYXQ
You can check it.
23rd December 2016, 02:30 PM |#5  
dxdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,108
 
Donate to Me
More
just notice:
for some apps or games, if you have error when restore backup (950XL), move app to SD card...
23rd December 2016, 09:49 PM |#6  
ezhassen's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

The folder name is strange sth like {28 lots of numbers and letters......}

-App data Backups are organized By [Package.Id.Name] for performance reasons (for reading them fast). [Just like what the OS doing]
So the app just reads app backups that located in app folder [Package.Id.Name] Instead of reading all files.
Note: You can open that folder from the [App Info] page (After Available Backups).
I will try to add export and import options to make it easy to copy backups to other devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

I made it again . Bug report sais: Cannot_GetDataFolder

Could you provide me more info about [App Data Location] that located in [App Info] page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

I have uploaded backup files to Onedrive (earlier one and todays one)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx8noSsS3cthvo2fO0OcmpSZHeYXQ
You can check it.

Thanks for uploading backup files.
I have installed the game [Angry Birds Epic] in the phone storage and performed the restoration operation.
The result is Backup data have been Restored successfully.

i.imgur.com/Lr4fZLm.png
23rd December 2016, 09:53 PM |#7  
Member
Flag near Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhassen

-App data Backups are organized By [Package.Id.Name] for performance reasons (for reading them fast). [Just like what the OS doing]
So the app just reads app backups that located in app folder [Package.Id.Name] Instead of reading all files.
Note: You can open that folder from the [App Info] page (After Available Backups).
I will try to add export and import options to make it easy to copy backups to other devices.


Could you provide me more info about [App Data Location] that located in [App Info] page?


Thanks for uploading backup files.
I have installed the game [Angry Birds Epic] in the phone storage and performed the restoration operation.
The result is Backup data have been Restored successfully.

i.imgur.com/Lr4fZLm.png

App data location is:
c:\data\users\defapps\appdata\{28fcff8a-b545-487b-ae36-7da1521998df}
23rd December 2016, 09:56 PM |#8  
ezhassen's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy

just notice:
for some apps or games, if you have error when restore backup (950XL), move app to SD card...

Thanks for your feedback
24th December 2016, 05:16 AM |#9  
ezhassen's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

App data location is:
c:\data\users\defapps\appdata\{28fcff8a-b545-487b-ae36-7da1521998df}

I Changed how to Get Data Folder in version 1.1.1027
Now data folder path starts with "U:" instead of "C:" for apps in the phone storage.
-That will let you open that folder from the app

Try it and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks
24th December 2016, 06:58 AM |#10  
Member
Flag near Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Tried the new one and it can open a folder from the app but still gets the same error while restoring.
24th December 2016, 10:50 AM |#11  
dxdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,108
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man81

Tried the new one and it can open a folder from the app but still gets the same error while restoring.



Try move app to SDcard if available. This helps me with game Plants vs. Zombies. and few others apps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, backup, data, reset, restore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes