vcREG: lumia reg editor + interop unlock. Now Supports X50 device interop unlock

Search This thread

vcfan

May 5, 2015
vcREG is a registry editor for lumia windows phones that has SYSTEM level access to the registry. the tool also has the ability to unlock all app capabilities for third party apps(interop unlock), and give SYSTEM level access to most of the filesystem through MTP.

new in version 1.7: thanks to @gus33000 for pointing out some registry values set for the interop unlock that may cause versions of rs1+ to break compatibility with WP8 apps. this has been fixed. For interop unlock, i suggest you use @gus33000 Interop Tools as his tool is more likely to have better support for changes in the future, as i am too bogged down with other projects.

thanks to @Wack0Distractor for sharing the idea and the acer service that makes this unlock for the X50 series phones possible. also thanks to @ngame for providing the test devices and the many hours of debugging, and @djamol for the main reason any of these unlocks are possible.

Instructions for X50 series phones like the 550,950/XL

ndtk_acer_services.zip uploaded below contains acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg, NdtkSvc.dll, and newndtksvc.dll.

1.Go to settings and turn on developer mode.

2a. For APPX version, download vcregUWP_1.7+dependencies.zip,unzip, install dependencies, then install the vcreg appx

2b. For XAP version, Sideload vcREG_1_7.xap using

WP8 xap deployer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\Tools\XAP Deployment\Xapdeploy.exe

or

WP Power Tools
https://wptools.codeplex.com/

3.Go to the app bar, then choose x50 series unlock. You will receive an error about the acer service not running. That's ok for now. Click step 1 and it will tell you to install the acer system service and copy some files. To install the acer system service, use iutool [rs and newer builds,this version is essential,old versions will probably not work] (can be found here. thanks @Wack0Distractor ).
run this command as administrator
iutool -v -p "path to the file acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg"

if you receive error 0x80070490, disconnect your phone from usb, go to control panel on your pc, devices and printers, find your windows phone and remove device. reconnect the usb to your phone,and after it reinstalls the drivers automatically, run iutool command above again.

if you receive error 0x8024a110, your phone should reboot to the gears UI in a minute. if not, run the command again. if it still doesnt auto reboot, manually reboot your phone. It should reboot into the gears UI, then back into the OS. if it still fails and doest show gears, give you phone a rest for 5-10 minutes and retry(usually needed after a new rom flash).

4.When you're back in the phone OS, copy newndtksvc.dll and ndtksvc.dll to your documents folder on your phone through USB

5.Go to the app bar, then choose x50 series unlock. You should no longer receive the error about the acer service. Now click step 2 and follow the rest of the instructions from the app.

6.If you've taken the silent extras/advanced+info update, or updated that app manually, be sure to choose the option "Restore NDTK 950/XL" in the "x50 series unlock" page and reboot to regain access to the elevated features. It basically means if it suddenly stops working, apply this setting.

Instructions for older devices

2a. For APPX version, download vcregUWP_1.7+dependencies.zip,unzip, install dependencies, then install the vcreg appx

WP8 xap deployer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\Tools\XAP Deployment\Xapdeploy.exe

or

WP Power Tools

3.Go to the app bar, then choose classic unlock

3.If you've taken the silent extras+info update, or updated that app manually, be sure to choose the option "Restore NDTK" in the "classic unlock" page and reboot to regain access to the elevated features. It basically means if it suddenly stops working, apply this setting.

Attachments

• ndtk_acer_services.zip
    398.3 KB · Views: 36,894
  • vcREG_1_7.xap
    182.1 KB · Views: 40,806
  • vcregUWP_1.7+dependencies.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 51,504
Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
@vcfan thanks for mention :)
Not bad to add this that Our New hack for X50 series tested on both RS1 and TH2 (10586.107 to 14393.67) and these OS Versions are tested and supported :) Thanks for you and @djamol's hard work and other guys who helped in this hack .
Also here is a video that show you I added work with gloves on my 950XL to my phone and it work and etc.
http://www.aparat.com/v/HoCbk
Sorry for my bad English

Guys Do not TRY Full FILESYSTEM ACCESS ON X50 Series .

If you want to Change your X50/XL device font please try this app :
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68465197&postcount=46

Universal Interop Unlock is Coming :
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68467581&postcount=56

Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Awesome job! Any chance we can get some documentation on the methods?

@G.moe, what kind of documentation are you looking for? Have you tried to press large gray buttons saying "CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT" at @vcfan post? :laugh:

Or you are looking for the source code and hack method concept? Use reflector or any other .net disasms to get the app's sources ;)

Reactions: Saragossa and G.moe

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
Thanks works fine.

I have trying MTP and now 950 XL charging only on PC.
Someone have original values in registry?

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Thanks works fine.

I have trying MTP and now 950 XL charging only on PC.
Someone have original values in registry?

Guys in the video I recorded I tell do not try mtp hack it won't work also sftp doesn't work at least for me. If we can handle it at last we let you know.
Only concentrate on Interop and capability unlock and public registry hacks.
Also you can add work with gloves and double tap to your devices .
We are still working on many things to handle

Reactions: Wire1122 and dxdy

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
i still try to get "gears" :crying:
tried few times...

Attachments

• Snap3.png
    Snap3.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 6,277

megasounds

May 7, 2007
SUPER GREAT !!!! WORKS LIKE A CHARM !!!
:D:D:D
Many many many thanks..

works on Microsoft Lumia 950XL - RM-1085 -059X4X5

only MTP / full filesystem does not work but as i understand they are busy with it :D

vcREG is a registry editor for lumia windows phones that has SYSTEM level access to the registry. the tool also has the ability to unlock all app capabilities for third party apps(interop unlock), and give SYSTEM level access to most of the filesystem through MTP.

thanks to @Wack0Distractor for sharing the idea and the acer service that makes this unlock for the X50 series phones possible. also thanks to @ngame for providing the test devices and the many hours of debugging, and @djamol for the main reason any of these unlocks are possible.

2.Sideload vcREG_1_6_W10.xap using

WP8 xap deployer

or

WP Power Tools

3.Go to the app bar, then choose x50 series unlock. You will receive an error about the acer service not running. That's ok for now. Click step 1 and it will tell you to install the acer system service and copy some files. To install the acer system service, use iutool (can be found here. thanks @souma_rox).

if you receive error 0x80070490, disconnect your phone from usb, go to control panel on your pc, devices and printers, find your windows phone and remove device. reconnect the usb to your phone,and after it reinstalls the drivers automatically, run iutool command above again.

if you receive error 0x8024a110, thats ok. your phone should reboot to the gears UI in a minute. if not, run the command again. if it still doesnt auto reboot, manually reboot your phone. It should reboot into the gears UI, then back into the OS. if it still fails, give you phone a rest for 5-10 minutes and retry(usually needed after a new rom flash).

4.When you're back in the phone OS, copy newndtksvc.dll and ndtksvc.dll to your documents folder on your phone through USB

5.Go to the app bar, then choose x50 series unlock. You should no longer receive the error about the acer service. Now click step 2 and follow the rest of the instructions from the app.

6.If you've taken the silent extras/advanced+info update, or updated that app manually, be sure to choose the option "Restore NDTK 950/XL" in the "x50 series unlock" page and reboot to regain access to the elevated features. It basically means if it suddenly stops working, apply this setting.

2.Sideload vcREG_1_6_W10.xap using

WP8 xap deployer

or

WP Power Tools

3.If you've taken the silent extras+info update, or updated that app manually, be sure to choose the option "Restore NDTK" in the "classic unlock" page and reboot to regain access to the elevated features. It basically means if it suddenly stops working, apply this setting.

Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
i still try to get "gears" :crying:
tried few times...

Double check this registry value using CustomPFD
HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
PhoneManufacturer
It must be in type (String) and it's value should be ACERINC to be able to deploy acer spkg.
If it's not you didn't do Step1 of VCreg correctly .

Wack0Distractor

Jan 10, 2013
OK.

If you get 0x8024a110, you're probably on 14393 / anniversary update / Redstone1/whatever.

If so, you NEED to use iutool from the 14393 WDK. No ifs, no buts. Use that or you WILL get that error.

Here's a download of just the WP-tools (iutool, getdulogs, ffu creation etc etc) direct from MS: https://download.microsoft.com/down...5524A95/wdk/Installers/WP_CPTT_NT-x86-fre.msi

Mirrored it here just in case.

Attachments

• WP_CPTT_NT-x86-fre.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 15,090
Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Works again for me.

I am stupid because "acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg" still installed after H.R.

OH Yes guys . Good to say
After Hard reset you do not need to do many reboots because our ndtksvc is place in system32 (it didn't gone)
So you only need to go to x50 series page and check Live interop/cap unlock and apply it . that's it .

Reactions: Ryccardo

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Double check this registry value using CustomPFD
PhoneManufacturer
It must be in type (String) and it's value should be ACERINC to be able to deploy acer spkg.
If it's not you didn't do Step1 of VCreg correctly .

yes, ACERINC is there but still no luck...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

OK.

If you get 0x8024a110, you're probably on 14393 / anniversary update / Redstone1/whatever.

If so, you NEED to use iutool from the 14393 WDK. No ifs, no buts. Use that or you WILL get that error.

Here's a download of just the WP-tools (iutool, getdulogs, ffu creation etc etc) direct from MS: https://download.microsoft.com/down...5524A95/wdk/Installers/WP_CPTT_NT-x86-fre.msi

installed and run iutool and now get gears!!!! thanks!!!

p.s.
interop is applied but.. still no use of AppDataManageTool or Adblock tool???

Last edited:

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
Great work!

Random question, probably a dumb one, but does this work on the M8FW? Or is it dependent on a x50 device exploit? Cause maybe I'm reading this wrong but it seems kinda universal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

new in version 1.7: thanks to @gus33000 for pointing out some registry values set for the interop unlock that may cause versions of rs1+ to break compatibility with WP8 apps. this has been fixed. For interop unlock, i suggest you use @gus33000 Interop Tools as his tool is more likely to have better support for changes in the future, as i am too bogged down with other projects.

ndtk_acer_services.zip uploaded below contains acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg, NdtkSvc.dll, and newndtksvc.dll.

WP8 xap deployer

or

WP Power Tools

3.Go to the app bar, then choose x50 series unlock. You will receive an error about the acer service not running. That's ok for now. Click step 1 and it will tell you to install the acer system service and copy some files. To install the acer system service, use iutool [rs and newer builds,this version is essential,old versions will probably not work] (can be found here. thanks @Wack0Distractor ).

if you receive error 0x8024a110, your phone should reboot to the gears UI in a minute. if not, run the command again. if it still doesnt auto reboot, manually reboot your phone. It should reboot into the gears UI, then back into the OS. if it still fails and doest show gears, give you phone a rest for 5-10 minutes and retry(usually needed after a new rom flash).

WP8 xap deployer

or

WP Power Tools

@vcfan thanks for mention :)
    Not bad to add this that Our New hack for X50 series tested on both RS1 and TH2 (10586.107 to 14393.67) and these OS Versions are tested and supported :) Thanks for you and @djamol's hard work and other guys who helped in this hack .
    Also here is a video that show you I added work with gloves on my 950XL to my phone and it work and etc.
    http://www.aparat.com/v/HoCbk
    Sorry for my bad English

Guys Do not TRY Full FILESYSTEM ACCESS ON X50 Series .

If you want to Change your X50/XL device font please try this app :
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68465197&postcount=46

Universal Interop Unlock is Coming :
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68467581&postcount=56
    OK.

OK Guys Good news .
    It's 1 am in Mashad, Iran and We finally get able to Interop Unlcok ANY W10M device .

We will post our procedure very soon . As a test drive we used a HTC ONE M8 (Thanks Alvin @AlvinPhilemon )
    Alvin let us test our hack on his HTC ONE M8 with RS1 build We really glad to see he has the first ever Interop unlocked HTC One M8 .
    You can see the Video of his device in this youtube video .
    https://youtu.be/EsHxVY9pXyM

Credits goes again to dear Alvin @AlvinPhilemon
    and again Dormant Hackers Team .

We will provide more about the procedure very soon .

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

What can I do to fix error 0x80004005 when using IUtool in CMD prompt...

make ure you are running CMD as Administrator and double check this value :
    PhoneManufacturer
    it should be ACERINC
    heres a little surprise since people have trouble with xap deployment on w10m. I did a quick port to UWP and appx. please report any bugs before I add it to OP.