Remove All Ads from XDA

windows mobile 10 Redstonebuild 14267& higher for old lumias in insider fast Ring

359 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By raghulive, Senior Member on 21st February 2016, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2016, 02:38 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by todarkness

and the x2x series is dead. I know they are old devices but then say it at the start instead this bull****.

they will avail in next wave of updates doesn't take much time,with in two months all 8.1 devices will get WM 10

18th March 2016, 08:52 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghulive

they will avail in next wave of updates doesn't take much time,with in two months all 8.1 devices will get WM 10

No, its already confirmed.this list is it. No second wave, no old lumia dual core devices, even no redstone insider for us.

Using the method here to get redstone builds on lumia 1020, will there be any problems if i update the phone build to a newer one or do i have to repeat these steps everytime i install an new build/update?
18th March 2016, 10:32 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:

No, its already confirmed.this list is it. No second wave, no old lumia dual core devices, even no redstone insider for us.

Using the method here to get redstone builds on lumia 1020, will there be any problems if i update the phone build to a newer one or do i have to repeat these steps everytime i install an new build/update?

oh no,bad decision by MS,unlisted devices can get redstone & beyond builds by this hack ,but sure there will be lot of bugs,so sad
18th March 2016, 10:35 AM |#104  

More
Quote:

oh no,bad decision by MS,unlisted devices can get redstone & beyond builds by this hack ,but sure there will be lot of bugs,so sad

It is really stupid by ms. Its really hard to be a fan of windows phone if ms makes this bull****. There isnt even a proper 1020 successor.
18th March 2016, 10:52 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:

It is really stupid by ms. Its really hard to be a fan of windows phone if ms makes this bull****. There isnt even a proper 1020 successor.

i am very sad to change title
sh*ty decision by MS ,520 is still higher % of total devices ,these devices are used for feedback & leave them in middle .MS is really forcing people to buy new devices .at least they need to give one stable redstone build with one core ,so features may work upto device HW.very bad pert on WM 10 Development team
18th March 2016, 10:58 AM |#106  

More
Quote:

i am very sad to change title
sh*ty decision by MS ,520 is still higher % of total devices ,these devices are used for feedback & leave them in middle .MS is really forcing people to buy new devices .at least they need to give one stable redstone build with one core ,so features may work upto device HW.very bad pert on WM 10 Development team

About 40% of all windows phone devices wont get the update to 10.
18th March 2016, 01:02 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a Lumia 925. Can I use this hack to make it ready for Redstone, but stay in the Release Preview Ring and wait for a more stable redstone release in this ring?
18th March 2016, 05:46 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0BlAS

I have a Lumia 925. Can I use this hack to make it ready for Redstone, but stay in the Release Preview Ring and wait for a more stable redstone release in this ring?

yes you can ,but beware of bugs ,in future builds there will be more with new features for unsupported devices
18th March 2016, 06:43 PM |#109  

More
Quote:

yes you can ,but beware of bugs ,in future builds there will be more with new features for unsupported devices

Another question about Double Tap to Wake and Glance:
What happen to this two features, when you simulate a 950/950XL? Because the 950 doesn't support Double Tap at this time.

Or is it better to simulate a more similar device to the 925 such as 830, which supports also both features?
18th March 2016, 07:34 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0BlAS

Another question about Double Tap to Wake and Glance:
What happen to this two features, when you simulate a 950/950XL? Because the 950 doesn't support Double Tap at this time.

Or is it better to simulate a more similar device to the 925 such as 830, which supports also both features?

once development branch builds (14291) till now only for WM10 preloaded devices,even though new list devices upgraded to 10 ,they can't get redstone builds for now,they need to upload WM10 flash files to WDRT,then new listed devices can get into actual fast ring,it vary with devices ,once similar hw device gets official Redstone build on fast ring then you can simulate Manufacturer & RM-type
18th March 2016, 07:42 PM |#111  

More
OK, thank you. Does this method need a reset of the device or can I change it the ID without loosing my data?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)