Build small or medium tiles for almost any application in Windows 8.1 or 10 (Build 1511 / 10586+)!
* Customisable Small and Medium tiles, with configuration remembered between uses
* Dark and light skins
* Picker to allow icons from EXE, DLL and ICO files
* Ability to use most image file types (Including PNG/JPG/BMP/ICO)
* Ability to create custom shortcuts to ANY file/folder on your machine, which allows you to have multiple shortcuts with different arguments to the same executable
* Automatically populate Windows Store Apps
* Automatically populates installed Steam games
* Automatically populates Chrome Apps
* Choose from a list of useful Explorer shortcuts
*Change icon size and position with live preview of background colour and text overlay
* Completely open source
Please find the repository and latest releases here at my GitHub: https://github.com/Jonno12345/TileIconifier/releases
None that I know of, but let me know as soon as you find something and I'll resolve it ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you add Wide and Large tiles?
Unfortunately these options are only available for Live tiles, not standard LNK files with a VisualManifest, which is how this utility works. Unless Microsoft add support for it, this feature cannot be added in the near future.
Microsoft Office/Mozilla Firefox/Other shortcuts aren't working, can these be tiled?
There is some mechanism I have yet to understand overriding these from being tiled. The easiest way to resolve this is to go to your shortcut within TileIconifier and click 'Quick Build Custom Shortcut'. This will create a second shortcut with the same parameters that can be tiled, which you will then find in your start menu under 'TileIconify'.
How can I help?:
The source is there if you wish to make any amendments (The code itself could probably use a lot of optimisation). Otherwise, suggestions for UI improvements or features would be great! I have now started adding translations, if you're able to assist with these it would be great!
Please be aware that donations are absolutely not required. This software will always be free, open source and supported to the best of my ability. If you would like to support me with this and future aplications, please visit this link: https://www.paypal.me/Jonno12345