UPDATED: September 17th, 2015
- Fixed bug and added functionality where left navigational panel will collapse if the window is sufficiently small fixing the alignment issue where users see all blue window.
- Added wide Tile support
- Added Large Tile support
- Added support for numbers in Proxy Link name
- Added ability for you to import and export tiles
- Added ability to change tile backgrounds (works well with transparent pngs)
- Added ability for you to unpin from tiles from TileCreator
- Created a better Help Menu
- Rewrote TileCreator Proxy to handle errors better and have a UI!
This program does exactly what you hoped it would do for windows 10. It creates tiles to your Windows 10 Start Menu that open any application when clicked.
Please note that this app is a work in progress so please don't be too harsh. As of right now only square images are supported. Expect updates .
With that being said, the following are on my to do list:
- Implement Abstract Live Tile customization so users can create and send custom live tile notifications
Add ability to set color of tiles instead of only relying on images*Done Support other tile sizes (wide and large)*Done
- Add ability to select color in color picker based on tile image (eyedropper)
Add ability to Import and export tile(s)*Done
- Add Localization (Spanish, Korean, Chinese, French, German) if possible
How to install:
How to install:
- Please go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 device and install TileCreator from the Microsoft App Store
- Please download "TileCreator Proxy Installation.zip" from one of the below links: Use this file at your own risk! MD5 Hash: a74cb6824efddca3ad0676e577375624 SHA-1 Hash: 83e6dc0ab4f1103574ef4e457b319e0378fbc60f Dropbox: TileCreator Proxy v1.0 Installer Zip Mega: TileCreator Proxy v1.0 Installer Zip
- Add links using TileCreator Proxy and copy the name to your clipboard.
- Open the Microsoft Store App TileCreator and pin a tile using the name you have on your clipboard as the ApprovedApps key Example: notepad
- Pin tile and enjoy!
Here are some screenshots of the app in action!
If you enjoy the app want to donate, here is a paypal link where you can!
Notes: The icons seen in the screenshots above were by dakirby309 and can be found in the Metro-UI-Icon-Set-725-Icons at DeviantArt