FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Compiled version of Windows Terminal (Preview)

474 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
I went ahead and compiled the new Windows Terminal preview for my own use, and figured I may as well share it with the forums! The only changes I made were to the project's metadata as the default values did not fill themselves in with the project's data (Package Name, Version Number, etc.)

I intend to keep the package more or less up to date with Microsoft's repository (https://github.com/microsoft/terminal) until Microsoft decides to release the binary packages on the Windows Store for use, at which point, I will likely remove the package from my server as it will be obsolete with a first-party release of the project.

You can download the certificate and project here: https://tonoxisisle.services/windows-10/Cascadia/

To grab the APPX certificate, choose "Additional Links" and then choose Publisher Cert. As with all third-party, non-Windows Store APPX packages, you will need to import the publisher certificate into the certificate store. After importing the certificate, you can install the application via choosing the "Get the App" button. (It appears to be regenerating the certificate each time I rebuild the app package, so I am unsure how that will work :/ )

Please enjoy! I love this developer community and am normally an Android person, but since I was also curious about the new Windows Terminal, and wanted to give back to the community that has given so much that I figured I may as well publish the build I have. I attest that I have made no changes to the source, and only to the AppX manifest, and am willing to upload the sources on my hard disk if requested for others to verify.

(To see the new UI, including the new tab and settings button, press CTRL+T. To have the terminal always show tabs, choose Settings and then change
Code:
"alwaysShowTabs": false
to
Code:
"alwaysShowTabs":true
and restart the terminal. Tabs will be shown when the terminal starts. I personally enjoy enabling tabs in the titlebar of the terminal!)

EDIT: The AppX package SHOULD support x86 machines as well, as I had built the package with x86 and x64 binaries. It does not include the ARM64 binaries, though if requested, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to update the app package with the ARM64 binaries.

3rd June 2019, 12:25 PM |#2  
Flag Barrackpore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
"Either you need a new certificate installed for this app package, or you need a new app package with trusted certificates. Your system administrator or the app developer can help. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which isn't trusted (0x800B0109)"

Installation fails on both online installer and offline msixbundle installer. Installed the certificate beforehand to both local and user groups.
16th June 2019, 05:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surajmanalcell

"Either you need a new certificate installed for this app package, or you need a new app package with trusted certificates. Your system administrator or the app developer can help. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which isn't trusted (0x800B0109)"

Installation fails on both online installer and offline msixbundle installer. Installed the certificate beforehand to both local and user groups.

On the second screen (where it asks to select the certificate store), click on Place all certificates in the following store, click on Browse, and then select the third option from the bottom called Trusted Packaged App Installation Authorities, then click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.

Now you should be able to install the app package as normal.
22nd June 2019, 05:15 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Sorry, I guess I should've been more clear about that. Thanks @Futur3Sn0w

This has officially been released on the Windows Store, so I have discontinued attempting to compile it. About time too, it was getting hard to keep it updated and still compiling properly with the manifest changes I made to make the name and description appear properly... For some reason, even in a new clone I was still having problems building for ARM64 and x86.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)