Remove All Ads from XDA

[JAILBREAK][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for Windows 10 Mobile + All Capabilities

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 396

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Folks,
Yeah this is the First thread, First Post about the Windows 10 Mobile Hacking.

Now the First Interop Unlock hack for W10M is now available. It's currently limited to LUMIA/SAMSUNG phones, although we're trying to extend it to other OEM Device, of course. (It requires specific Driver/Services to "RUN" into "SYSTEM" Privileges. Hence, other OEM Device is lack of these. I.e HTC/Micromax etc. etc.)

*** UPDATE : Microsoft is trying to break our hack through blocking "NdtkSvc" on Lumia. So the hack currently doesn't work directly on Lumia 950/550 or later. Even if you updated extras+info on any lumia you will loss Service Access. So Stay Away from Extras+Info***

A brief summary, for those unfamiliar with interop-lock:
Windows Phone allows a number of high-privilege app capabilities, which can be used to make changes to the OS which are normally not possible for a third-party Applications.
The limitation on whether we can use these capabilities or not is based on what "level" of developer unlock the phone has.
ON WP7/8/8.1
Standard "ISV" (Independent Software Vendor) Dev Unlock (max 10 apps or less) is what pretty much everybody gets.
OEMs, however, get a special OEM Developer Unlock (300 apps or more) which gives them the ability to use much higher-privilege app capabilities than the standard ISV unlock permits. The name comes from ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES, the capability which was most important in WP7/WP8/8.1.
However, there are a great many interesting capabilities. Note that Interop-unlock by itself does not enable all of these. However, at least on Lumia/Samsung phones, it is now possible to enable *all* the capabilities.
As per my Research Microsoft has give up some FREEDOM to the 3rd Party Developers. Now the "ISV" Developers can sideload apps with the All "SECOND PARTY CAPABILITIES". However, having a Some hive privilege "SYSTEM" Resource that we can expand it to Enable All Capabilities.

The instructions are as follows:

1. Turn "ON" Developer Unlock Mode. (Go to Settings> Update & Security> For Developers)
2. Download "Root Tool.xap" from attachments and deploy It.

Recommended:
Go to "JailBreak Tool"
Select your choice, That's It !

Custom:
Go to Device Specific Registry Editor Tool.
Select "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
Write default values.

(For Lumia)
Code:
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install"
"MaxUnsignedApp"=DWORD:7FFFFFFF
(For Samsung)
Code:
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install"
"MaxUnsignedApp"=DWORD:2147483647
Preventing Unlock:
Code:
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
"PortalUrlInt"="https://127.0.0.1"
"PortalUrlProd"="https://127.0.0.1"
Unlocking NEW Capability Engine:

Write these values:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityManager\AuthorizationRules\Capability\capabilityRule_DevUnlock]
"CapabilityClass"="capabilityClass_DevUnlock_Internal"
"PrincipalClass"="principalClass_DevUnlock_Internal"

ENJOY

Hence, this is not a Complete "Root Access" but we are working on it to gain Full SYSTEM Access.
Still, If you got any Issue's after this tutorial then ask your "Questions" In Q/A Thread.

SPECIAL Thanks to @vcfan (Without the RPC Code from "vcFAN" was Impossible to Interop Unlock or Capability Unlock)
Thanks to @ngame and @GoodDayToDie
Thanks Everybody for your Big Support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	49894
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	3465584  
Attached Files
File Type: xap RootTool.xap - [Click for QR Code] (401.5 KB, 138900 views)
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to djamol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djamol Ad-Free

13th August 2015, 10:34 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Reserved For Common Q/A
13th August 2015, 10:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Reserved For Further Developments, LOGS and Related Apps
13th August 2015, 10:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Questions and Answers
Will this work on other OEM Device / Are you working on this for other OEM Device / What about HTC, or some other OEM?
The current hack relies on a Lumia/Samsung-specific component. Adding support for other phones will require new hacks. We are looking into it.

Can I re-lock my phone if I want to?
Yes, easily. The simplest method is to turn off the "Developer mode" in Settings> Update & Security> For Developers. This doesn't remove any changes that were made using the interop-unlock, though (for example, it won't undo the Capability-Unlock hack, not will it set back the Full FS Access hack). Apps that require interop-unlock will still be installed, but may no longer run. To manually remove interop-unlock, you can reset all the registry values that were changed by the interop-unlock hack to their original values, and remove all the apps. There still may be a great many other changes that also need reverting, though, if you want to get back to stock settings.

Can I get my phone completely back to stock settings without knowing every little thing I changed?
Yes, a hard (factory) reset will undo all changes made by interop-unlock, or any apps (including ones that require interop-unlock), and will remove all apps. If you need to send your phone in for warranty servicing and are worried that they won't take it because you interop-unlocked it, this approach will fix that (they would probably tell you to hard-reset anyhow, if it's conceivably a software problem).

Will the interop-unlock survive a hard reset?
Not using this method! Read the question above. This unlock is purely in software, not firmware; it is reset along with everything else.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djamol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djamol Ad-Free
13th August 2015, 11:22 PM |#5  
Flag São Bernardo do Campo
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Thanks bro, I worked on my lumia 830 with build 10512.

But I already had the vcREG installed, root_tool not worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	root tool.png
Views:	10440
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	3438253  
14th August 2015, 12:38 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisf1981

Thanks bro, I worked on my lumia 830 with build 10512.

But I already had the vcREG installed, root_tool not worked for me.

Try Once.
XAP Updated. My Mistake, I was not checked anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to djamol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djamol Ad-Free
14th August 2015, 02:07 AM |#7  
Flag São Bernardo do Campo
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djamol

Try Once.
XAP Updated. My Mistake, I was not checked anything.

Thank you, now work
14th August 2015, 02:07 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi djamol,

Thanx for this. So after doing this, are we able to say put HOSTS to block ads? I have not had the time to try this, gonna do this after work
14th August 2015, 02:54 AM |#9  
Flag Mashad
Thanks Meter: 382

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelapoel

Hi djamol,

Thanx for this. So after doing this, are we able to say put HOSTS to block ads? I have not had the time to try this, gonna do this after work

It's a full interop/cap unlock based on VCREG 1.1 project
you can navigate Lumia registry editor -> templates -> check the check boxes -> apply
then use Custom PFD to set these values :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityMana ger\AuthorizationRules\Capability\capabilityRule_D evUnlock]
"CapabilityClass"="capabilityClass_DevUnlock_I nter nal"
"PrincipalClass"="principalClass_DevUnlock_Int erna l"
if you see any SPACE in values above they are seems xda bug . no spaces in above strings
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ngame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngame Ad-Free
14th August 2015, 03:42 AM |#10  
Do I need to use the WP10 deployer or does the 8.1 work too?
I am asking because I don't yet have VS2015 installed and would like to not require it (first because I am used to VS2013 and second because the dreamspark servers seem to be incredibly slow)
14th August 2015, 04:02 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

It's a full interop/cap unlock based on VCREG 1.1 project
you can navigate Lumia registry editor -> templates -> check the check boxes -> apply
then use Custom PFD to set these values :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityMana ger\AuthorizationRules\Capability\capabilityRule_D evUnlock]
"CapabilityClass"="capabilityClass_DevUnlock_I nter nal"
"PrincipalClass"="principalClass_DevUnlock_Int erna l"
if you see any SPACE in values above they are seems xda bug . no spaces in above strings

amazing. confirmed interop unlock works on my NL1520. no more ads.. this is the most annoying thing using w10m. cheers

I'll play around a bit more later on when i have time
The Following User Says Thank You to oelapoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oelapoel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jailbreak w10m, jailbreak windows 10 mobile, root access windows 10 mobile, root w10m

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)