Remove All Ads from XDA

List O' Skype UWP Packages with W10M Support

1,321 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,190

By snickler, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 2nd June 2016, 01:15 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Closing this thread as my mechanism no workie anymore to get the super new packages. You'll have to wait :P

Hi all,

I recently gave the Twitter world a tease of Skype UWP running on my Lumia 1520 on Redstone (WHICH IS THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT. If you're on 10586 or Release Preview.. It's not going to work) and promised to share with the world. Without further ado, I present..... PACKAGES.

I'll be updating this regularly with links to the official Skype UWP packages that support W10M.

Instructions:

Before downloading the appxbundle, go to Settings -> Update & Security -> For developers and enable Developer mode (may work with Sideload apps, but I never tried). Copy the package to the phone and open it from the File Explorer. Install then enjoy. You can also upload the package from the Device Portal also, if you feel well inclined to.

NOTE: You MUST be running a Redstone build. If you try this on a non-Redstone build and you complain that it doesn't work, I'm going to steal your soul.

If you are installing via File Explorer, wait for it to complete even though it looks like nothing happened. Using the Device Portal is easier because you see the entire progress of the upload and install.

Releases:

Skype v.11.6.72
Skype v.11.6.63
Skype v. 11.6.56
Skype v. 11.6.36
Skype v. 11.6.26

Enjoy!
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd June 2016, 01:15 PM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dub V

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for something #1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2016, 01:16 PM |#3  
Flag Dub V

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for something #2. Dunno what for yet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2016, 02:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
It's working great on my 640! It's WAY better than the wp8 version!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to compu829 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift compu829 Ad-Free
2nd June 2016, 02:09 PM |#5  
Flag Dub V

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compu829

It's working great on my 640! It's WAY better than the wp8 version!

Yeah, the performance is BEAUTIFUL. One thing you may have to watch out for is that sometimes when you open the app, it will sit at the splash screen then die. Other than that, the performance is just awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2016, 02:34 PM |#6  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you
Is Beautiful app , thank's bro, !
2nd June 2016, 04:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unable to install on my Lumia 950 XL running the latest build 14356. I am receiving the error "Can't Install app - There's a problem with this app. Check the package, or contact the person who gave it to you for help." when I tap on the file in the file explorer. I have tried uninstalling the old skype app, restarting, verifying my build and that the device is in developer mode and even tried re-downloading the app package. Any other ideas?
2nd June 2016, 04:48 PM |#8  
Flag Cegled
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LefeversJay

Unable to install on my Lumia 950 XL running the latest build 14356. I am receiving the error "Can't Install app - There's a problem with this app. Check the package, or contact the person who gave it to you for help." when I tap on the file in the file explorer. I have tried uninstalling the old skype app, restarting, verifying my build and that the device is in developer mode and even tried re-downloading the app package. Any other ideas?

Latest build, L930, same error.
2nd June 2016, 04:56 PM |#9  
Flag Dub V

Donate to Me
More
Try using the Device Portal and uploading the app to your phone from a desktop. I'm also running 14356 on my 1520.
2nd June 2016, 05:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickler

Try using the Device Portal and uploading the app to your phone from a desktop. I'm also running 14356 on my 1520

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work either. Same error message.
2nd June 2016, 05:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works great so far. Thanks
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread