Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWEAK] De-watermark Bing Lockscreen

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By winphouser, Senior Member on 1st January 2016, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I like the Bing Pic of The Day Lockscreen, and even better without the watermark.

De-watermark Bing Lockscreen
  1. Enable Full FS
  2. Open in text editor: c:\PROGRAMS\LOCKANDWALLPAPER\720x1280\binglogo.pos .ucs2le (where 720x1280 is the screen resolution of your phone)
  3. The text file sets the desired position of the watermark. I changed mine to 720 1280
  4. Enjoy, profit, Happy new year! 🎇
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winphouser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winphouser Ad-Free

3rd January 2016, 08:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdskamal

Noob question but how do you open the file in text editor?

Very thankful for this hack!

Read and understand the relevant threads or you'll mess things up. Hint: vcREG 1.5
The Following User Says Thank You to winphouser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winphouser Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 04:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winphouser

I like the Bing Pic of The Day Lockscreen, and even better without the watermark.

1. Enable Full FS
  2. Open in text editor: c:\PROGRAMS\LOCKANDWALLPAPER\720x1280\binglogo.pos .ucs2le (where 720x1280 is the screen resolution of your phone)
  3. The text file sets the desired position of the watermark. I changed mine to 720 1280
  4. Enjoy, profit, Happy new year! 🎇

Can i do this on my lumia 525
21st September 2016, 01:48 PM |#5  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winphouser

1. Enable Full FS
  4. Enjoy, profit, Happy new year!

Worked perfectly on my Lumia 950XL
i first made full ftp access (http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...ws-10-t3185766) and changed the file
works great !
finally got my lockscreen without the Bing logo

thx
Micheal
The Following User Says Thank You to megasounds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift megasounds Ad-Free
28th September 2016, 07:38 PM |#6  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Full FS it is MainOS partition?
27th February 2017, 11:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do you have any idea as to how to save those images
27th February 2017, 11:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2,028

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouthamm4G

Do you have any idea as to how to save those images

you have a lot apps in store to grab Bing images...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9wzdncrfj3rz
1st March 2017, 07:09 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy

Yeah, but I know a folder in windows desktop where all the past bing wallpapers are stored, like 30 of them. I was just wondering if there was a similar location in windows mobile
20th May 2017, 09:00 PM |#10  

More
Lockscreen Image location in Windows Mobile 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy

No need for apps or full fs for this one, folks

These keys will give you the current bing wallpaper location and its corresponding caption for Windows Mobile 10

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Wallpa per\Bing\CurrentImage]

Value must be like 'C:/Data/Users/DefApps/AppData/LOCKANDWALLPAPER/Local/cache/_20170520.jpg'

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Wallpa per\Bing\ BingCopyright]

Value must be like 'View from the CN Tower, Toronto, Canada (© robertharding/Alamy Stock Photo)'

To save the image, copy the image location and paste it in edge and go to that location (that's right, no prefix, suffix whatsoever)

Edge will display the image like any web image resource and then save using context menu.
Together with the 'Remove Bing Water mark' trick, this makes for the easiest way to save untampered bing Wallpapers. Only drawback is no higher resolution (please correct me if I'm wrong)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gouthamm4G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gouthamm4G Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)