Originally Posted by Everx89
I have a problem, I flashed bios and now my screen is black, I can't see anything and I can't do anything... Can you help me?
You may have flashed the wrong bios.
I had a black screen to, the back-light was on, but the screen was displaying nothing.
Do yo know if windows boots?
You can see that if the power led flashes green a few seconds after booting the device for windows boot, for android boot you have a sound notification from the mailbox.
If you are in that situation, you can try the following process, tell me and I will try to provide you the right links.
I had flashed the wrong bios (single OS without hdmi instead of the super vi8 bios) and had no display anymore, I had to flash again the right bios without display, only by memory.
You need a USB hub with a USB keyboard. (and another pc to get the files needed to reflash)
- I got the bios for the right version of the vi8 (look a the model number on the back of the device) on official chuwi website (in chinese but I used google chome translation)
- I put the bios on a usb key root with the Onda flash tool executable and changed the extension of the bios file from img to fd.
- I plugged the usb key in the usb hub
- I booted windows and logged in 'blindly'
- I pressed Windows key + R to execute a command and typed 'e:update.exe' to launch the flash tool on the USB key, then I heard a sound warning from the flash tool, pressed enter and let the software do its work for 5 minutes.
- I then shutted down and rebooted the tablet by long pressing the power switch.
- I had the display working back with the chuwi logo and estimated myself lucky.
Conclusion : Check the destination model of the firmware twice before flashing!