FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Chuwi VI8 Bricked (Blackscreen)

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Everx89, Junior Member on 29th April 2015, 10:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a problem, I flashed bios and now my screen is black, I can't see anything and I can't do anything... Can you help me?

29th April 2015, 04:17 PM |#2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everx89

I have a problem, I flashed bios and now my screen is black, I can't see anything and I can't do anything... Can you help me?

You may have flashed the wrong bios.
I had a black screen to, the back-light was on, but the screen was displaying nothing.
Do yo know if windows boots?
You can see that if the power led flashes green a few seconds after booting the device for windows boot, for android boot you have a sound notification from the mailbox.

If you are in that situation, you can try the following process, tell me and I will try to provide you the right links.

I had flashed the wrong bios (single OS without hdmi instead of the super vi8 bios) and had no display anymore, I had to flash again the right bios without display, only by memory.
You need a USB hub with a USB keyboard. (and another pc to get the files needed to reflash)

- I got the bios for the right version of the vi8 (look a the model number on the back of the device) on official chuwi website (in chinese but I used google chome translation)
- I put the bios on a usb key root with the Onda flash tool executable and changed the extension of the bios file from img to fd.
- I plugged the usb key in the usb hub
- I booted windows and logged in 'blindly'
- I pressed Windows key + R to execute a command and typed 'e:update.exe' to launch the flash tool on the USB key, then I heard a sound warning from the flash tool, pressed enter and let the software do its work for 5 minutes.
- I then shutted down and rebooted the tablet by long pressing the power switch.
- I had the display working back with the chuwi logo and estimated myself lucky.

Conclusion : Check the destination model of the firmware twice before flashing!
29th April 2015, 05:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi ;

I am in the same situation could you please share with me the flash tool link.
29th April 2015, 06:23 PM |#4  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ok go to this post and download the joined zip : Then replace the bios with yours (file with the fd extension) change .img or .bin to .fd, if I remember well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=3
3rd May 2015, 09:05 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroz91

Ok go to this post and download the joined zip : Then replace the bios with yours (file with the fd extension) change .img or .bin to .fd, if I remember well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=3

Many thankks.
it was difficult for me work under black screen but when I connect tablet to HDMI TV it can display screen
now I just need windows installation package to finish reinstallation, I found this page but it requires for baidu account to can download it

many thanks for your help.
10th October 2015, 01:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
HI, I am about the same way. (ended up bricked this way trying to clear cmos without opening it)

I have checked and my tablet is running windows for good (checked with nano HDMI cable).

backlight is on, touchscreen works, LCD is off.

I can log onto Android and windows. I have contacted Banggood ( I ordered it there) and they gave me a link to download "good" bios. I have flashed it but still the same problem.

My tablet is number q32g221509018**

The bios I tried now is CHUWI.D86JLBNR03.ROM
18th February 2016, 12:13 PM |#7  

More
stripes on screen chuwi vi8 dual boot
hi i have problem i flased bios and now i have only stripes on screen how can i make it work?? thx
15th August 2016, 04:28 PM |#8  

More
Chuwi vi8 stripe on black screen
Can you help me how to fix a stripe in my black screen I flash a wrong bios... Pls help me
1st March 2017, 07:34 PM |#9  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous.Developer

Can you help me how to fix a stripe in my black screen I flash a wrong bios... Pls help me

Check out this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ndow-t3412968/ and this outside link https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/...ios-usb-flash/
for information on solving a hardbrick on a tablet.

I'm currently in the process myself with my Teclast X16 Plus
19th May 2018, 06:16 PM |#10  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 509

Donate to Me
More
Did any of you fix the hard brick?
8th April 2019, 02:04 PM |#11  

More
Hey. Link is dead.
And i have problem too like you chuwi vi8 .. blackscreen..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)