FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nextbook Flexx 11 how to dual boot android and 8.1/10

195 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By adambomb_13, Senior Member on 16th June 2015, 05:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ok! where to even start...
I like many got this 2in1 at wal-mart and I live it. unfortunately I like many am not yet familiar with the new UEFI bootloader bios SOC stuff
heres what I do know and please correct me if im wrong. also please tell me if this 2 in 1 is and can be flashed the same as the asus t100
ok the Flexx11 has a bayntrail-t CR quad core processor 1.33-1.83ghz model Z3735F the t100 is3740
11.6" screen ips touchscreen at 1366x768 res
Efun is the corp and yifang vers.NX1106.1.02.008\139
THE BIOS IS YFG0315009112
it is a 32bit EFI bootloader
the reason I mention all of this is I have tried several times to dualboot androoid and each time ruined the computer and had to return it and I simply no longer wish to return it and love it to much to get something else
the first try the time began to lag and was unfixable for some reason the second time i somehow lost the keys booting and formatted wrong or something and the tablet bricked it would remain black with keyboard lit and no button combo could get it back no boot at all.

I am currently using AMIDUOS to run android kitkat and I love it but from what I understand it isnt compatible with win10 and really still isnt the same as the full android being on the tablet although really really close and awesome
but honestly I have been doing this stuff for years and now with this new windows secure boot and system on a chip stuff im lost

31st October 2015, 02:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ever get anywhere with this?
21st November 2015, 04:25 AM |#3  
Flag PNW
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I'm curious as well.
It has to be possible. I say that because I recently owned a ChuWi dual-boot device with the same Baytrail processor and SOC.
I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to take a system dump from one of the chuwi dualboot devices and flash it to the nextbook.

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using XDA Free mobile app
30th December 2015, 06:13 AM |#4  

More
I'm also interested in doing this. It appears that the Nextbook Ares has the same hardware (minus 1GB RAM) but has Android. I contacted Nextbook to see if I could get a copy of the Ares Android firmware but was denied. If someone with the Ares could upload a backup that would be helpful.
18th January 2016, 03:39 PM |#5  

More
I was finally able to get this working using this method...

https://hitricks.com/guide-how-to-du...ws-uefi-legacy

So far I was able to get it to boot from a partition on the main drive as a test. In the process of installing to a secondary partition on my sd card. We'll see how it goes.

I wasnt able to get the boot menu that he shows but after going through the steps I then had an Android OS boot option in the bios boot menu. Pretty awesome! Runs great. Tried running Dead Trigger 2 as a test with full graphics. Ran perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to rowdyrocket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rowdyrocket Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 06:09 AM |#6  
Flag Antelope, CA
Thanks Meter: 901

Donate to Me
More
I just bought one of these yesterday, and it shipped with Windows 10 Home 32-bit. I'm trying to install the 64-bit version but it won't boot from USB. Turns out it doesn't support 64-bit OSes. Where can I find recovery images for this? I messed up and now I don't have audio or touchscreen drivers.
12th May 2016, 10:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
64 bit processor?
Quote:

I just bought one of these yesterday, and it shipped with Windows 10 Home 32-bit. I'm trying to install the 64-bit version but it won't boot from USB. Turns out it doesn't support 64-bit OSes. Where can I find recovery images for this? I messed up and now I don't have audio or touchscreen drivers.

Alright, I'm slightly confused now. Looking at system specs for mine it says it has an x64 based processor. Doesn't that mean it should be able to handle 64-bit OS? Even though it comes with 32-bit? If possible I would like to put 64-bit on it as well, but I'd like to be sure that that's not going to break it.
13th May 2016, 08:07 AM |#8  
Flag Antelope, CA
Thanks Meter: 901

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticJulia

Alright, I'm slightly confused now. Looking at system specs for mine it says it has an x64 based processor. Doesn't that mean it should be able to handle 64-bit OS? Even though it comes with 32-bit? If possible I would like to put 64-bit on it as well, but I'd like to be sure that that's not going to break it.

It just won't boot the USB. At all. Unless it's 32-bit.
18th May 2016, 03:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyrocket

I was finally able to get this working using this method...

https://hitricks.com/guide-how-to-du...ws-uefi-legacy

So far I was able to get it to boot from a partition on the main drive as a test. In the process of installing to a secondary partition on my sd card. We'll see how it goes.

I wasnt able to get the boot menu that he shows but after going through the steps I then had an Android OS boot option in the bios boot menu. Pretty awesome! Runs great. Tried running Dead Trigger 2 as a test with full graphics. Ran perfectly.

I'm loving Remix OS on here with dual boot. Having some issues though and I really want this to work.
Main and I mean main issue is no sound at all, no rotation is next in line and Bluetooth isn't working. Everything else works great.
This is so awesome its like Android lollipop with windows desktop functionality. Now if I can get the bugs fixed I will be in android hog heaven.
GREAT FIND BRO!!!!! EXACTLY what I was looking for maybe even better than.

for those interested here is the XDA section for all things REMIX OS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix

By the way for those who may want to know I installed dual boot onto the hard drive it went with no issues.Here's some tips for flexx 11

1. I used a partition manager such as easy partition manager to partition the C: drive regardless of what the tutorial said. Couldn't use windows disk management. I deleted the recovery for an extra 5 gigs (make a backup if you do) I used about 19 gigs from the C: drive and made an E: NTFS.

2.Also do not use the remix files from that tutorial use the ones here from the main site http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc they are newer and the ones from the other post where incomplete. Also the newer ones on the site now include OTA updating which is totally awesome.

3. I'm hoping this will help someone..... After I was all finished I expected it to dual boot as any other dual boot restart and then i would see options for the OS's not the case here I got stuck on this I was using easy BCD and trying all sorts of stuff, once I looked at the tut a little closer I realized you don't need any of that. Once your all done do a restart and it will go back to windows as usual. Now go to settings, then recovery, then advanced startup and choose from devices I think its the second option on the left list. There you will find Android OS click that and it will take you to your dual boot options. Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. But believe me once you know this your better off.

And that's all I've got please and I mean please post here with any fixes especially for sound and if you have questions I will try to help.
Thanks

PS: I AM GETTING OCASIONAL LOCK UPS, MEANING THE OS FREEZES AND I HAVE TO RESTART BY HOLDING POWER.
27th May 2016, 06:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Im not sure if this is good news or not...
Using the methos outlined I was not able to get audio bluetooth autorotate and other things to work but after a bit of digging I found out that remix os has an image specifically for nextbook baaytrail (Our PC) here: http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices
click other upper left.....
I cannot find instructions to install this though and using the other install instructions from here fail because the only part of the file to replace is the system image.
I also attempted the other install methods and easy BCD does not work for this PC
So if anyone can help to install this file specifically for our computer as well as verify that it works and what works and how you installed would be great
The Following User Says Thank You to adambomb_13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adambomb_13 Ad-Free
7th June 2016, 01:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
OK this is really cool I have made headway sort of.
I have installed kit kat android-x86-4.4-r3.img using the Androidx86-Installv24-5800.exe installer and i have rotation, root and it works pretty good for the most part wifi works great so far no bluetooth, it freezes during shut down and the major issue as in most cases is the sound. Im not sure about the camera now that I think about but i will check and report back here.

I really want the sound working on this and I woud be bigtime happy this forum could be solved as far as im concerned
From what I understand there is a bug with baytrail and linux where the spp port is pointed automatically to the usb or something. but for the life of me after weeks of scouring the internet cannot find a laymens guide to a simple fix for this. I'm really not even sure there is one because I'm yet find a rock solid confirmation of a solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)