Cannot sign in to WIndows Live account

Search This thread

GamezGuru

Nov 11, 2017
Modena
After resetting my Samsung i917, it will not sign into my windows live, preventing me from setting up mail, calendar, zune, basically anything associated with Microsoft! As far as I was aware, it was connected before resetting, but it was not used on a daily basis so cannot be 100% sure it was still syncing. I just want to use it as a wireless music hub in the house with Zune, but need to sign in - anybody else had this issue?

The only 'fix' I found was related to windows 8, and involved disabling automatically updating date/time, but this did not help. Would be a shame to have to throw it in the bin just because Microsoft wont let me sign in - surely people are still allowed to use these Windows 7.5 phones?

Thanks in advance!

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Windows Live ID does not work for WP 7.5-7.8 and for Zune transport on PC for a long time already. If you want to sync your contacts, mail, calendar - set up hotmail or outlook mail as "add an account" in "settings/email+accounts" of your phone. Thus you will get your contacts back and will continue using your phone. But you should forget about Zune, Marketplace and Windows Live ID. Thanks Microsoft for this awesome attitude to the customers.
P.S. And for sure you can sync your Zune PC client with your phone via usb cable (but not via Windows Live ID)

Last edited:

GamezGuru

Nov 11, 2017
Modena
Windows Live ID does not work for WP 7.5-7.8 and for Zune transport on PC for a long time already. If you want to sync your contacts, mail, calendar - set up hotmail or outlook mail as "add an account" in "settings/email+accounts" of your phone. Thus you will get your contacts back and will continue using your phone. But you should forget about Zune, Marketplace and Windows Live ID. Thanks Microsoft for this awesome attitude to the customers.
P.S. And for sure you can sync your Zune PC client with your phone via usb cable (but not via Windows Live ID)

Thanks for confirming what I feared... regarding your P.S - does this make it impossible to wireless sync Zune music content over home WiFi when the phone is on charge like I used to?

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Normally this should work. Here is how-to I did not check it because I don't use my WP7.8 HTC Titan for a long time - just switch it on and off from time to time :) to be sure that I am still able to cook a rom for it :) Also I have Zune and WMDC installed only on my old laptop (which is also used just to have fun with WEH 6.5.3 and WP7 devices). So you may try it...
Note:
Since November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.