FORUMS

Not able to Developer unlock WP8.1 Lumia 730.

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Ani64, Member on 18th March 2018, 11:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I want to developer unlock Windows Phone through WP8.1 SDK tools lite in order to interop unlock it later. But it is showing error logging into Windows Phone Dev Center as shown in screenshot. I tried to use different Microsoft account, re-installed Windows Phone SDK tools for both WP8 and WP8.1, also tried on another computer, googled for help, changed Windows firewall settings, uninstalled Visual Studio and then reinstalled it.
But no avail.
I tried aiyingyong pc 4.6 but I couldn't developer unlock my phone. ANY HELP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PhoneReg_2018-03-18_15-26-04.png
Views:	420
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	4450592  
2nd April 2018, 04:11 AM |#2  
Flag Santa Rita do Sapucaí

More
Same problem here with windows Lumia 630 WP8.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani64

I want to developer unlock Windows Phone through WP8.1 SDK tools lite in order to interop unlock it later. But it is showing error logging into Windows Phone Dev Center as shown in screenshot. I tried to use different Microsoft account, re-installed Windows Phone SDK tools for both WP8 and WP8.1, also tried on another computer, googled for help, changed Windows firewall settings, uninstalled Visual Studio and then reinstalled it.
But no avail.

Same problem here with windows Lumia 630 WP8.1. Any solution?
2nd April 2018, 07:39 AM |#3  
Flag PERPIGNAN
Thanks Meter: 430

More
You must use "Microsoft Developer account" not "Microsoft account".
https://developer.microsoft.com
4th April 2018, 11:44 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titi66200

You must use "Microsoft Developer account" not "Microsoft account".
https://developer.microsoft.com

You are right but earlier I used to sign in with my regular Microsoft Account. May be things have changed on their side.
5th April 2018, 02:31 PM |#5  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
any way for unofficial unlock?
5th April 2018, 04:15 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamerok

any way for unofficial unlock?

I tried the Chinese tool, but not working. And WP Internals is a way for rooting and getting the same features but my Lumia 730 needs to be updated to W10M for that and I can't create rooted WP8.1 version.
10th December 2019, 09:59 AM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Developer unlock of Lumia 520.2 via WP 8.1 SDK not working for me either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani64

But no avail.

Did you ever get a solution for this? I'm facing the same problem and can't figure out why. It worked twice in the past couple of days, even though it gave the same error, the phone was unlocked. But today no dice, just throws the error, that's it.
10th December 2019, 04:58 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Do interop unlock just after resetting phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaNgamdurvaani

Did you ever get a solution for this? I'm facing the same problem and can't figure out why. It worked twice in the past couple of days, even though it gave the same error, the phone was unlocked. But today no dice, just throws the error, that's it.

I guess you have performed reset.

When you are resetting the phone, don't add your Microsoft account and DO NOT update the any apps from Store either. Some apps such as Extras & Info or Lumia Motion Data getting updated might be causing interop unlock process to break in some way. I noticed that few times.

Just after resetting the phone go for interop unlock procedure. And do rest of things later. And yes, to be on safer side install both WP8.0 and WP8.1 SDK tools Lite

It worked for me somehow. But nice to see Windows Phone user in some part of the world in 2019. We are a rare species now. 😁😁
21st December 2019, 01:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think the problem is that Microsoft has stopped supporting WP8.1

Developing for Windows Phone has been worse than developing for Android. Microsoft has blocked the store for WP8.1, has blocked the registration of development terminals and also WP8.1 does not allow applications to be installed if the phone is not development.
21st December 2019, 02:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaikers

I think the problem is that Microsoft has stopped supporting WP8.1

Developing for Windows Phone has been worse than developing for Android. Microsoft has blocked the store for WP8.1, has blocked the registration of development terminals and also WP8.1 does not allow applications to be installed if the phone is not development.

The worst part is that they stopped allowing unlocks before the Windows Store closure, without any notice.
When they stopped allowing WP8.0 to be developer unlocked, they did an announcement.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...rum=wpregister
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)