This app is based on This tutorial from this topic (ok... seems that there's no more tutorial there)
Remember that you need an SD card into your phone!
NOTE | I've updated this app to 0.7 and some of the functionalities are changed, so some of the tutorials created for 0.6 or less may be obsolete!
how does this work?
Detailed instructions are available within the app. Just swipe to go to the next section.
v 0.7 (27/02/2016)
- added MixRadio support
- new Interface and icon
- other bugfixes
- added extras and infos app support
- small UI fix and bugfix
- Update made with the collaboration of WojtasXda
v0.5 (31/12/2014) HAPPY NEW YEAR! [Still available]
- trying to fix ACCESS DENIED error
- fixed scrollviewer bug
- better english (please let me know if I can write better)
- Added Field Medic app for testing purpose
- better naming messagge errors
- changed try-catch positions
- definitive "about" structure (not content)
v 0.3 (22-23/12/2014)
- fixed another crash
- now xap apps subfolder gets copied too!
v 0.2 (22/12/2014)
- fixed a crash
- fixed app patching for Glance Background and Preview For Developers
v 0.1 (16/12/2014)
- first release
Text related to versions 0.6 and less
- NEW IMPORTANT! Give SD card permissions
- Tap "SD Card permissions" button
- Tap only "SD card"
- Press the check button into the bottom appbar
- "SD Card permissions" button will became green
- It isn't necessary to set the "Unhide WPSystem" green.
- Choose the app target
With this first version it's possible to choose five target apps, i will add other apps soon:
- Live Lock Screen beta
- Glance Background beta
- Preview for developers
- Field Medic
- Extras and infos [NEW!]
- Download the app and move it to SD card (using storage sense)
- Pin the app into the start screen (obviusly you can't pin extras and infos before Update 2)
- Choose the custom XAP (the app uses the integrated file picker)
Q: I'm getting ACCESS DENIED error
A: When you get this error, an error message will appear, make sure that "SD Card permissions" is GREEN and not RED
Q: the app crashed immediately after patch
A: ehm... I don't know, please advice me within this topic. Try to deploy again the app.
Q: Preview For Developers (or other apps) vanished from app list and I can't reinstall or unistall
A: Use Storage Sense to unistall the app
Q: Can I restore original apps?
A: Sure! Unistall and reinstall the target app
> Remove/unistall the app from the app list within your phone
> Be sure that in Storage Sense default location for app storage is INTERNAL MEMORY
> Deploy the app with "Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1" (the 8.1 is relly important, the name may change, don't use 8.2, 8.0 or without numbers). Some Visual Studio versions have multiple deployers included, use the 8.1 version.
- Swapper: CustomWPSystem app
- App target: The first/second party app to patch (Preview For Developers for example)
- Homebrew XAP: the dev-made XAP that you can patch to target apps (CutomPFD for Example)
Thanks to everyone that is related with this project
Sorry for bad english and enjoy!