FORUMS

[XAP][27/02/2016][0.7] CustomWPSystem - patch XAPs easily within WPSystem folder

175 posts
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2014, 07:52 PM |#11  
Pasquiindustry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Conversano
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi, I understand why that doesn't function and I will send soon an update.
Try to soft-reset your phone, sometimes are the wpsystem folder permissions that cannot be unlocked
22nd December 2014, 08:10 PM |#12  
Pasquiindustry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Conversano
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes, with this first version, only patching Live Lockscreen works because that app didn't remove every file/folder under guid folder for wp8 apps (preview for developers and glance background)
For wp8.1 apps it isn't necessary to delete every file/folder

I've fixed that with the next release that is coming soon
22nd December 2014, 08:58 PM |#13  
Pasquiindustry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Conversano
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Donate to Me
More
Version 0.2 available now!

Now it's possible to patch correctly apps for Preview For Developers and Glance Background

0.3 version will be available soon to fix other small things
23rd December 2014, 12:29 AM |#14  
Pasquiindustry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Conversano
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Donate to Me
More
Sorry for third consecutive post, but I've updated again the tool

Now it's posssible to copy and patch entire XAP with subfolders and their files
23rd December 2014, 09:16 AM |#15  
irshad2809's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquiindustry

Sorry for third consecutive post, but I've updated again the tool

Now it's posssible to copy and patch entire XAP with subfolders and their files

still it doesnt work . acess denied . tried teboot .but still same error

by manually coping reg app contents it worked though
23rd December 2014, 07:49 PM |#17  
Pasquiindustry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Conversano
Thanks Meter: 236
 
Donate to Me
More
0.4 update available now, I think this will be the latest one for now I think
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pasquiindustry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2014, 02:05 PM |#18  
Member
Flag Ekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I have still no luck using it.

Here is some minor mistakes with this app:
  • Apps folder getting renamed to apps (littlecase first digit "A")
  • Four stage of Applying... called Defualt app backup (instead of Default)
and the "swapper" doesn`t starting if installed on SD card and then being moved to Internal/Phone storage. Just infinite Loading... appears if you made it. I was forced to install it directly to Phone storage to work.

I`m trying to apply your registry editor to Preview for Developers app. And getting errors (permissions and E_ACCESSDENIED/0x80070005) at the last stage (Default app backup line is filled and Applying custom XAP file is at the dots animation stage). And I`m able to rename Apps forlder with Pocket File Manager, WPSystem folder attributes unchecked correctly, Preview for Developers folder {178AC... is empty after your app`s activity.

I had successfully installed @djamol registry editor but it is now broken by your app

I`m running Lumia 620 with Cyan update that was installed on PfD build which allows to install Cyan onto it. Extras+info app shows Core Build ID 3058.50000.1425.10479. OS version is 8.10.14176.243.
24th December 2014, 03:51 PM |#19  
irshad2809's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by winphoneuser

I have still no luck using it.

Here is some minor mistakes with this app:

  • Apps folder getting renamed to apps (littlecase first digit "A")
  • Four stage of Applying... called Defualt app backup (instead of Default)
and the "swapper" doesn`t starting if installed on SD card and then being moved to Internal/Phone storage. Just infinite Loading... appears if you made it. I was forced to install it directly to Phone storage to work.

I`m trying to apply your registry editor to Preview for Developers app. And getting errors (permissions and E_ACCESSDENIED/0x80070005) at the last stage (Default app backup line is filled and Applying custom XAP file is at the dots animation stage). And I`m able to rename Apps forlder with Pocket File Manager, WPSystem folder attributes unchecked correctly, Preview for Developers folder {178AC... is empty after your app`s activity.

I had successfully installed @djamol registry editor but it is now broken by your app

I`m running Lumia 620 with Cyan update that was installed on PfD build which allows to install Cyan onto it. Extras+info app shows Core Build ID 3058.50000.1425.10479. OS version is 8.10.14176.243.

if you are using pfd app then follow these steps
1. try using above app
2. it will show error , ignore it .
3. now manually copy contents of reg app and paste them in pdf app . ( for copy - paste use "file Manager" or "Folders" app )
4. done
It worked for me .
The Following User Says Thank You to irshad2809 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irshad2809 Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 05:33 PM |#20  
Member
Flag Ekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irshad2809

if you are using pfd app then follow these steps
1. try using above app
2. it will show error , ignore it .
3. now manually copy contents of reg app and paste them in pdf app . ( for copy - paste use "file Manager" or "Folders" app )
4. done
It worked for me .

Finally done it manually. After your post I tried to remove PfD app, redownloaded it from store and then with "swapper" tried to swap the apps. After the error messages I did use Pocket File Manager and realized that this time Preview for Developers folder was not empty, there was Install folder into it. I have renamed folder apps to Appx, erased the content of Preview for Developers folder ( {178AC... ) and then renamed folder Appx to Apps.

Quote:

"Swapper" is the name of the CustomWPSystem app. @GoodDayToDie used it the first time (see original post). I do liked it and then used by myself. Probably that naming making problems for translating sites. Sorry for the inconvience.

Using Metro Commander Pro (paid one, but I got it for free during giveaway) I have copied content of {27D6A090... to {178AC... and:

it works

It works!
The Following User Says Thank You to winphoneuser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winphoneuser Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 05:47 PM |#21  
irshad2809's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winphoneuser

Finally done it manually. After your post I tried to remove PfD app, redownloaded it from store and then with "swapper" tried to swap the apps. After the error messages I did use Pocket File Manager and realized that this time Preview for Developers folder was not empty, there was Install folder into it. I have renamed folder apps to Appx, erased the content of Preview for Developers folder ( {178AC... ) and then renamed folder Appx to Apps.

Using Metro Commander Pro (paid one, but I got it for free during giveaway) I have copied content of {27D6A090... to {178AC... and:

it works


It works!

thats good , just let me know if you found some reg tweaks using this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, lock screen, patch, wpsystem, xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes