FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Oreo 8.1.X][X Compact - F5321] Android Open Source Project

2,358 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,592

Post Reply Email Thread
This is AOSP for Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo) (F5321)

SonyAosp build will always mainly based on AOSP with some Material stuff

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Code:
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have an unlock Bootloader

Please if you have Locked Bootloader you may check this http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
Code:

WORKING
- RIL
- Mic
- Sound (Speaker and Headset)
- LED
- Thermal Manager
- Audio and Video Decoders/Encoders
- Camera (WIP)
- Recovery (Only for flash signed zips)

XDA:DevDB Information
[Oreo 8.1.X][X Compact - F5321] Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
davidteri91
Source Code: http://Github.com/SonyAosp

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-02-12
Last Updated 2018-03-25
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to davidteri91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th February 2017, 10:27 PM |#2  

This ROM has included GAPPS

Steps for Flash

Code:
   fastboot flash oem xxxxx.img  
   fastboot flash boot boot.img  
   fastboot flash recovery recovery.img  
   fastboot flash system system.img  
   fastboot flash userdata userdata.img  
Please make sure your device is updated to latest sony software present on flashtool due to loader requeriments

To flash oem partition you should download odm.img from https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...atest-updates/

You don't need flash userdata everytime .... only first time ..... userdata.img will wipe your data... you may be adviced
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to davidteri91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2017, 01:10 PM |#3  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks David, I'm gonna try your ROM asap!
(PS. poi se hai bisogno di feedback e test più specifici fammi un fischio! grazie che ti sei interessato al compact)
14th February 2017, 04:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Awesome, looking forward to flashing this ROM. Could you post a few pictures of the ROM? Do I need to root my device? I guess not, just asking to make sure everything works as it should. Wiping userdata doesn't wipe my SD card, right?
14th February 2017, 04:58 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micka84

Awesome, looking forward to flashing this ROM. Could you post a few pictures of the ROM? Do I need to root my device? I guess not, just asking to make sure everything works as it should. Wiping userdata doesn't wipe my SD card, right?

1. no you don't need root
2. everything seems to work fine and very smooth, except my SD card is not detected. (need to confirm about the sd card issue)
3. flashing userdata doesn't wipe your SD card, but it wipe your internal storage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to destinygs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift destinygs Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 07:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thx for the work on this!

The SD card is concerning. once that is confirmed I can safely take the plunge and provide feedback.

Question, does the fingerprint sensor work?
15th February 2017, 01:31 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlewin

Thx for the work on this!

The SD card is concerning. once that is confirmed I can safely take the plunge and provide feedback.

Question, does the fingerprint sensor work?

fingerprint work
15th February 2017, 04:23 PM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hi David!

I hope i'm not disturbing in this forum, but i saw your tweeter site, where you wrote " KUGO meets LinageOS ", and posted a screenshot about it. Can you give us a link, where we could download it, and try it? Or maybe you will make another forum thread to it? If I wrote the wrong place ( because of it's a separate part of the AOSP ) eliminate my typing, or move to another thread. Thanks for your reply, and your work for our kugo
16th February 2017, 10:40 AM |#9  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Big thanks for bringing AOSP to Kugo! So glad to get away from Sony branded ROMs.

Been using for last few hours and everything seems to be working perfectly including SD card, Bluetooth and compass/gyro. Only exception is camera as mentioned in OP which only sometimes works.
16th February 2017, 11:51 AM |#10  

More
My sim card doesn´t get a network connection plus my sd card won´t be recognized. Except for that and a few error messages, everything else works.

Strange that everything works for you andjs.
17th February 2017, 06:14 AM |#11  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micka84

My sim card doesn´t get a network connection plus my sd card won´t be recognized. Except for that and a few error messages, everything else works.

Strange that everything works for you andjs.

I came from a completely stock 6.0 ROM if that helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)