FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

[Recovery] TWRP 3.1.1 for Xperia X Compact

7,651 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,479
 
By eagleeyetom, Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator on 23rd July 2017, 08:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings!

I'd like to present a TWRP recovery for the Xperia X Compact. This release should work on Xperia X single and dual-SIM variant of the device. I am an owner of Xperia X, but some users reported that my recovery works just fine on its smaller brother.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not responsible for any damage done to your device. You have been warned.

REQUIREMENTS
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Working ADB and Fastboot (You can get the latest version through Android Studio or by visiting this site)

FEATURES
  • MTP support
  • ADB Sideload
  • Backups and restores almost every partition
  • Full SELinux support
  • Working encryption. You can access /data within recovery
  • USB-OTG

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION
  • Unlock the bootloader
  • Download the file
  • Put the following code in CMD/Terminal:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-kugo-*.img
    //Replace * with the version you want to flash
  • Unplug the cable
  • Press Volume Down + Power to activate the recovery. When installed properly, the device should vibrate funnily, purple LED should appear and after a couple of seconds, you should see the TWRP screen.
  • Enjoy!

BUILD

You need to sync the OmniROM and vendor blobs from DonkeyCoyote. You can find my sources on GitHub.
android_device_sony_loire_common
https://github.com/omnirom/android_b...ts/android-7.1

Thanks:
@grayleshy - for initial TWRP
@AndroPlus for some of his flags
OmniROM team for sources

If you find my work useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagleeyetom Ad-Free
 
 
23rd July 2017, 12:04 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
it works perfectly! well can't say I tried all functions yet, but it certainly seems so.
thank you so much. finally a proper lastest version of twrp for XC that supports encryption on nougat.

btw. you have to flash it over fotakernel as described in OP. (hotbooting did not work. blank screen.)
I did try other regular X twrp versions with the same result in the past in hopes of finding something better, so the issue was likely the same since I hotbooted them too for a fast test. I guess that's what you get for being lazy. doh.

thanks again for posting it here.
/tuxen
The Following User Says Thank You to realtuxen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realtuxen Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 06:25 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thank you for sharing.
24th July 2017, 05:27 PM |#4  
KumarAnup's Avatar
Member
Flag Gorakhpur
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
thanks
Thanks for sharing brother
Working ⚒ perfectly on stock 7.0
no problem
24th July 2017, 05:31 PM |#5  
Perfect, thanks. Only annoyance is that I can only reboot the system or power off now.
24th July 2017, 05:47 PM |#6  
eagleeyetom's Avatar
OP Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 15,479
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Perfect, thanks. Only annoyance is that I can only reboot the system or power off now.

That shouldn't work anyway. I can enable these flags if you want.
24th July 2017, 05:55 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

That shouldn't work anyway. I can enable these flags if you want.

For all I use the other options there's no need to go out of your way, but if you do make another for whatever reason having the options would be nice.
24th July 2017, 06:01 PM |#8  
eagleeyetom's Avatar
OP Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 15,479
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

For all I use the other options there's no need to go out of your way, but if you do make another for whatever reason having the options would be nice.

It didn't work for me on X. I can enable them in the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagleeyetom Ad-Free
25th July 2017, 03:45 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtuxen

it works perfectly! well can't say I tried all functions yet, but it certainly seems so.
thank you so much. finally a proper lastest version of twrp for XC that supports encryption on nougat.

btw. you have to flash it over fotakernel as described in OP. (hotbooting did not work. blank screen.)
I did try other regular X twrp versions with the same result in the past in hopes of finding something better, so the issue was likely the same since I hotbooted them too for a fast test. I guess that's what you get for being lazy. doh.

thanks again for posting it here.
/tuxen

What do you mean by hot booting? I did this to boot to twrp without installing and have no problem
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Thanks for the twrp, with this I can make full backup before trying to update to 7.1 or 8.0 later
25th July 2017, 03:07 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
MTP is not working in this version. Everything else is top notch, will test backup/restore a bit later and report back.
25th July 2017, 07:00 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu

What do you mean by hot booting? I did this to boot to twrp without installing and have no problem

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Thanks for the twrp, with this I can make full backup before trying to update to 7.1 or 8.0 later

Exactly. I know hotbooting is not the best description, but you understood anyway.
Strange, I am not a flashophile so I usually just booted twrp this way after a upgrade with flashtool. When the phone was connected to the pc anyway.

But it only works for me with the androplus version, oshmoun's version won't boot that way either. It's not the first time I have talked odd twrp behaviour though, as another guy could not get the androplus one to work at all. I have no reason to doubt him, as this is pretty casual stuff.

I see you are still on MM, I have been on N since it came out and if I remember correctly I backed up ta just before N came out (exploit and N came out very close to each other), took the ota, and unlocked BL. So I performed all the 'fastboots' (better word? heh) on that and 7.1.1. Perhaps the bootloader changed someway? I have no idea.

Edit: if I learned to read properly the first time, you are NOT on MM (doh) but 7.0. Sorry and even more strange. Does MTP work for you? (see below)


---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistaneerefugee

MTP is not working in this version. Everything else is top notch, will test backup/restore a bit later and report back.

MTP works absolutely fine here..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes