[ROM][XC][O][8.1][WEEKLY]OmniROM

• Thread starter Deleted member 4819888
  • Start date
Search This thread
Hi! On today's weekly ( 20180401 ), I've got a strange problem.
First boot after the update, my sdcard totally missed. In settings or in a file explorer or poweramp... I can't see it. I think i check it out on twrp. And there was it. After a second boot, sdcard detected by the system, but its sad damaged and must be formatted. ( In settings at storage show the "sdcard /vfat" ).
I think ok, but first i save everything on it to my pc. So, i take it out, saved the data, and place it back to may phone.
After the third restart, i saw again the "/vfat" text in the settings storage, but now i can reach everything on it. With file explorer, or with poweramp, it's worked like before.
So, are tgere any tipp why was it? Is it normal at settings/storage its show it with "/vfat"? May i format it with the phone? Or, it was maybe a bad placing sdcard in its tray? ( Previously weeklies, there was never problem with my sdcard, and until today, i'm not take it off my phone ).

Sent from my kugo using XDA Labs

D

Deleted member 4819888

I upgraded to the latest stock rom - 34.4.A.2.32 - unlocked the bootloader and installed the TWRP from https://xdaforums.com/x-compact/development/twrp-3-2-1-decryption-t3751998. Now the phone bootloops, saying it has been unlocked and can't be trusted. When I enter TWRP it want me to enter a password to decrypt data. I have set no such password. What can I do to get a working OmniROM 8.1? Format data? Wipe?

yeah you'll need to format data to remove stock encryption. After that device should boot, assuming you have flashed the odm image.

Reactions: gecko8k

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
yeah you'll need to format data to remove stock encryption. After that device should boot, assuming you have flashed the odm image.

Thank you so much for that reply. So just to be 100% sure, what I should do is:

1) Format data
2) Flash odm

This should make the phone boot into the stock rom. Now I can

3) Flash OmniRom 8.1 in TWRP on top of the stock rom, so no wiping. Flash gapps. Reboot.

This should get me a working OmniRom, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4819888

Thank you so much for that reply. So just to be 100% sure, what I should do is:

1) Format data
2) Flash odm

This should make the phone boot into the stock rom. Now I can

3) Flash OmniRom 8.1 in TWRP on top of the stock rom, so no wiping. Flash gapps. Reboot.

This should get me a working OmniRom, right?
no don't boot stock after formatting data, you'll end up encrypting again!
first flash omni, then format data and flash oem.

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
no don't boot stock after formatting data, you'll end up encrypting again!
first flash omni, then format data and flash oem.

But the whole point is that I cannot flash omni right now since the internal storage is encrypted. Could I format data, flash omni and flash oem? And could you confirm that I should not do a wipe/factory reset in any case?

D

Deleted member 4819888

But the whole point is that I cannot flash omni right now since the internal storage is encrypted. Could I format data, flash omni and flash oem? And could you confirm that I should not do a wipe/factory reset in any case?
first let me clear up something:
formatting userdata is more extreme than a wipe, because you even lose the data on the internal storage (photos videos etc..)
so basically, formatting userdata implies wiping/resetting to factory.
now that this is cleared up, yes the order you have there (format userdata then flash omni then flash oem) will work

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
first let me clear up something:
formatting userdata is more extreme than a wipe, because you even lose the data on the internal storage (photos videos etc..)
so basically, formatting userdata implies wiping/resetting to factory.
now that this is cleared up, yes the order you have there (format userdata then flash omni then flash oem) will work

Thank you so much, it is good to know a working order. Just out of curiosity, since I do a full wipe, why do I need the latest stock ftf? Doesn't it just get deleted?

D

Deleted member 4819888

Thank you so much, it is good to know a working order. Just out of curiosity, since I do a full wipe, why do I need the latest stock ftf? Doesn't it just get deleted?

nope, absolutely not, the stock ftf contains bootloader, modem and many other partition images that are needed for a functioning device.

harryharryharry

Mar 12, 2011
In theory you could convert the odm-file to a sparse image and run a dd command from the built-in terminal in twrp to flash that sparse image, as explained in the second comment in this thread:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74334400&postcount=2

I wouldn't recommend it though. Lots of ways to brick your phone...

Edit: I just made a TWRP backup and saw it also has an OEM selection option. This created an odm.ext4.win image. I would imagine this is also directly flashable from twrp. A (much) safe(r) option.

Last edited:

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for both answers. Do you know if it is possible to flash other custom roms on the phone once the ODM-file is flashed?

jd22

Apr 7, 2014
As far as I know, the ODM file is used by other ROMs, too (e.g. AOSP based ROM). You can also change back to Stock-ROM (if needed).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    XC/KUGO/F5321 OmniROM BUILDS

OREO 8.1

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY FLASH OMNIROM:
    1. The device has the latest stock ftf
    2. The device has an unlocked bootloader
    3. The ODM image zip has been downloaded from HERE, and the ODM image has been extracted from it
    4. The WEEKLY zip file has been downloaded and copied to the device

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Reboot device to fastboot mode, and flash the ODM image with this command
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem <ODM image>
    2. Reboot device to TWRP and flash the WEEKLY zip file
    3. (Optional) Flash a gapps package
    4. Reboot device to system

CURRENT ISSUES ON OFFICIAL:

1. No USB tethering
    2. Wifi sometimes fails to turn on

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_sony_msm/tree/android-8.1

BUG REPORTS

REPORT BUGS ONLY:

- AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    - USING STOCK OMNI KERNEL
    - NO MODS OF ANY SORT

OMNI GERRIT REVIEW

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/

DISCLAIMER:

No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][XC][O][8.1][WEEKLY]OmniROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    oshmoun, humberos
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest stock ftf

Version Information

Created 2018-01-14
    Last Updated 2018-11-03
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Hi, Anyone noticed that there was not a build this week? Is there a specific reason? If there are problems I am always willing to help. Unfortunately I am not a developer but have a background in software testing.

If anyone has some news please update us all. Thanks!
    Omni 8.1 weeklies have stopped
    the team is working on 9.0
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Is there any way to use applications requiring root (in my case - AFWall+ and some for editing hosts file content) without breaking the rule of not using mods of any sort?
    I would like to be able to provide logs to found bugs.
    Or is rooting enough mod to make logs being rejected?

feel free to share what bugs you discovered.
    I can then try to replicate here and get clean logs.

Mobile data not working on latest nightly

Please flash the latest odm image. You seem to be still using an older version.
    So far so good. Using Magisk root, and Xposed beta, and micro g, and all working well. WiFi did disconnect once so far. Hopefully a fix coming... Thanks
    @oshmoun - can you add option to switch nav buttons, or enable nav bar tuner? I can't get my apktool working on O, and no Gravitybox for O yet either...
    Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.paphonb.systemuituner
    All tested on clean 21.01 build:
    Camera work in both modes (photo and video). I see no difference in photo darkness compairing with other custom roms, excluding stock.
    Mobile internet (LTE) works after reboot with and without wifi enabled.
    Night light (Settings, Display) doesnt work, ever with maximum intensity.

Sorry, cant test fingerprint.