Project Treble for Xperia X compact

Search This thread

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016
Project Treble For Xperia X Compact

Based on Sony Open Devices

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,.

Big thanks to Sjll member and his tuto to go treble

Suitable for F5321, A-ONLY GSI ROM

Required files:

[SODP Kernel version]
All necessary files

[OEM-File]
Download Link

[SYSTEM-File]
Tested with some system gsi files, these work properly :
Pixel experience
/e/
POSP
ArrowOS

[SYSTEM-File WITH FixZygote installed via twrp]
Android Q developer preview

Find all GSI system image here and here

How to go Treble ?

First: Flash recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery < Path of recovery.img >

Second: Flash boot image
Code:
fastboot flash boot < Path of boot.img >

Third: Flash vendor file
Code:
fastboot flash cache < Path of vendor.img >

Fourth: flash SW_binaries provided by Sony.
You can download it from Sony official website.
Code:
fastboot flash oem < Path of OEM.img >

Fifth: Flash a GSI compatible System image (arm64 A-ONLY) and boot !
Code:
fastboot flash system < Path of GSI-System.img >

Look here first for questions resolving Xperia X thread

Source Codes
Sjll

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-05-09
Last Updated 2020-05-23

Last edited:

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
Hello mate. It's interesting to see different options come up when we started to think that development for XC come to an end. Thanks for this valuable effort. I want to ask a few things.
1- What is your opinion about dreaded problems with 4.9 kernel like random reboots and some reported Wi-Fi issues (although I don't remember I ever had this) etc.
2- recovery is independent of this setup right? I mean can I use twrp as recovery?
3- I suppose we'll be stuck with this boot.img unless personally build another one with synced sources right?
4-One of your cautions was about dead sd card? Is there a predicted risk or was it a general warning?
Again thanks a lot for this. I think I'll give it a try tomorrow may be.

PS: I also would like to know what to look for compatible GSIs. (I tried Phhs' and some other Android 10 GSIs with zygote and permissiver patches but they didn't past the sony logo. Stuck at sony logo or bootloop)

Update: Question 2 answered. No problem with twrp. Erfan's generic 10 gsi booted with zygote and permisiver patches. But stuck at setup screen.

Last edited:

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016
Hello mate. It's interesting to see different options come up when we started to think that development for XC come to an end. Thanks for this valuable effort. I want to ask a few things.
1- What is your opinion about dreaded problems with 4.9 kernel like random reboots and some reported Wi-Fi issues (although I don't remember I ever had this) etc.
2- recovery is independent of this setup right? I mean can I use twrp as recovery?
3- I suppose we'll be stuck with this boot.img unless personally build another one with synced sources right?
4-One of your cautions was about dead sd card? Is there a predicted risk or was it a general warning?

PS: I also would like to know what to look for compatible GSIs. (I tried Phhs' and some other Android 10 GSIs with zygote and permissiver patches but they didn't past the sony logo. Stuck at sony logo or bootloop)

Update: Question 2 answered. No problem with twrp. Erfan's generic 10 gsi booted with zygote and permisiver patches. But stuck at setup screen.

1 - I don't know about these problems, I was with 3.x kernel before but you can rebuild the kernel of your choice (it doesn't take too much time) by changing the .dtsi file corresponding to our device
2 - Yes but do not wipe the cache, as the vendor image is in it
3 - Yes, but it doesn't take too much time to build it, share if you do :)
4 - Just a general warning, not experienced :)

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016

1 - I don't know about these problems, I was with 3.x kernel before but you can rebuild the kernel of your choice (it doesn't take too much time) by changing the .dtsi file corresponding to our device

Normally I set the selinux to permissive so no need to apply the permissiver patch

PS : sometimes it goes into bootloop but if you reboot it starts like a charm (test that with POSP 10)
PS2 : Mobile network does not work with Q roms, if you success to make it work please share ;)

PS3 : POSP Pie works fine

Last edited:

bioshp

May 17, 2020
Tell me if I'm thinking of installing Project Treble.
1.Flash all sections through the fastboot?
2.Ask for recovery what is in the link on the github?
3.Ask for a boot link on github?
4.Select vendor.img in the cache section?
5.What to ask for?
6.Select a suitable GSI image and boot again?
If somewhere I am wrong correct me. I'm sorry I'm new to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: nervousapp

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016
Tell me if I'm thinking of installing Project Treble.
1.Flash all sections through the fastboot?
2.Ask for recovery what is in the link on the github?
3.Ask for a boot link on github?
4.Select vendor.img in the cache section?
5.What to ask for?
6.Select a suitable GSI image and boot again?
If somewhere I am wrong correct me. I'm sorry I'm new to this.

You can get twrp as recovery but do not wipe cache, as vendor img is flashed in it

Last edited:

pintaf

Oct 24, 2012
Good news that /e/ is working correctly, I was about to try to build a e variant on Chippa's build.

I do have one question. Really new to trebble.
If we wanna root it, we apply usual procedure*? flash the root zip(magisk) in recovery

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
This is amazing!! Breathing new life in to my XC. Thank you for sharing. Just flashed /e/ and it's working really well so far. Although I see that selinux is not enforced, anyone know why?

zetchonok

Nov 17, 2014
can't boot any FW excluding /e/, but /e/ don't satisfy me at all.
bootloops miui
bootloops PE
bootloops native xperia gsi

anybody know's why?

all of needed img's are flashed: boot, vendor, oem. Only recovery left TWRP

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
can't boot any FW excluding /e/, but /e/ don't satisfy me at all.
bootloops miui
bootloops PE
bootloops native xperia gsi

anybody know's why?

all of needed img's are flashed: boot, vendor, oem. Only recovery left TWRP

I tried a lot of them to both android 9 and 10 only /e/ boots and works as 9. For the 10 erfans boots but it includes gapps and that stucks at setup. You can leave it as it s but didn't thoroughly tested it.

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016
I tried a lot of them to both android 9 and 10 only /e/ boots and works as 9. For the 10 erfans boots but it includes gapps and that stucks at setup. You can leave it as it s but didn't thoroughly tested it.

POSP boots as much of the Pie Gsi, 10 are more capricious (POSP 10 boots for example, but sim is not detected)

Last edited:

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
POSP boots as much of the Pie Gsi, 10 are more capricious (POSP 10 boots for example, but sim is not detected)

Then probably erfans 10 is better. Because sim Wi-Fi camera etc works. Just didn't tested thoroughly. Only downside setup doesn't complete. Personally I don't use Google services so no problem for me but setup notification persists like it tries to complete setup but doesn't actually progress.

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
I flashed /e/ and it's pretty stable and smooth but my device is overheating when charging and even when it's idle and the display is off. I'm getting severe battery drain from it.

EDIT: Wiping all the partitions and flashing from scratch seems to have done the trick.

Last edited:

mister-13x

Mar 4, 2015
Then probably erfans 10 is better. Because sim Wi-Fi camera etc works. Just didn't tested thoroughly. Only downside setup doesn't complete. Personally I don't use Google services so no problem for me but setup notification persists like it tries to complete setup but doesn't actually progress.

Hello! You can describe in detail how you installed it, how many have not tried to get further Sony does not work.

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
Hello! You can describe in detail how you installed it, how many have not tried to get further Sony does not work.

I didn't anything extraordinary follow the steps in the first post. (Since android version would change I formatted data) use erfanoabdis' unofficial Q gsi which you can find a link at phhusson' gsi images link list. (You can also find the link to phussons list in the first post)

Reactions: mister-13x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project Treble For Xperia X Compact

Based on Sony Open Devices

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,.

Big thanks to Sjll member and his tuto to go treble

Suitable for F5321, A-ONLY GSI ROM

Required files:

[SODP Kernel version]
    All necessary files

[OEM-File]
    Download Link

[SYSTEM-File]
    Tested with some system gsi files, these work properly :
    Pixel experience
    /e/
    POSP
    ArrowOS

[SYSTEM-File WITH FixZygote installed via twrp]
    Android Q developer preview

Find all GSI system image here and here

How to go Treble ?

First: Flash recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery < Path of recovery.img >

Second: Flash boot image
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot < Path of boot.img >

Third: Flash vendor file
    Code:
    fastboot flash cache < Path of vendor.img >

Fourth: flash SW_binaries provided by Sony.
    You can download it from Sony official website.
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem < Path of OEM.img >

Fifth: Flash a GSI compatible System image (arm64 A-ONLY) and boot !
    Code:
    fastboot flash system < Path of GSI-System.img >

Look here first for questions resolving Xperia X thread

Source Codes
    Sjll

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-05-09
    Last Updated 2020-05-23
    Testing some roms on a couple devices. /e/ appears to be the best for the XC and is also the most up to date with the April 2020 security patch. I'm comparing battery life on /e/ vs. Arrow so far to see how they fair.

Also, /e/ comes prebuilt with MicroG but if you want to use Google Play Services, you'll encounter an error that says the device is not certified by Google and cannot run Google Apps. I managed to find a workaround for this so GApps are indeed possible if that's your preference.

Does drm/widevine (Netflix) and banking work on those ROMs or are you seeing any other serious drawback stopping it from being a daily driver?
    I have problems with missing widevine on lineage 16 and wonder if treble/kernel 4.x might help ...

I'm using it as a daily driver mostly for the better performance, raw camera support, and newer security patches. Haven't had issues with banking apps but still looking into Netflix, haven't got that working yet. I'm also running EdXposed and passing tests for both CTS profile basic integrity.
    Seeing great battery life with /e/ rom. Idle phone overnight on airplane mode lost just about 3% over 9 hours. Battery monitor suggesting battery life of up to 7 days when the phone is idle.