FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Camera broken after Bootloader Unlock & Relock

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By [-silver-], Member on 16th June 2017, 09:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday i've unlocked the bootloader and try AOSP.
Then i go back to stock rom and relocked the bootloader.
Now camera app always say, another application uses the camera and won't start.
alternative camera apps also don't work.
don't backup any drm keys.
is there any chance to get it working?

16th June 2017, 02:30 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by [-silver-]

is there any chance to get it working?

You'll need to flash a stock rom and wipe everything in the process.
17th June 2017, 03:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had the same problem and flashing using the flashtool with all wipe options checked didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas?
17th June 2017, 04:03 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistarose

I had the same problem and flashing using the flashtool with all wipe options checked didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas?

I would assume that relocking it without the DRM keys has broken it. To rewrite the TA backup img to the phone you have to use flashtool version 922.3 If I was in your position with or without a drm backup I would try using that version of the flashtool to flash a FW and try the relock procedure again to see if it makes a difference. Have you unlocked it again to see if it brings the camera back?
17th June 2017, 06:22 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

I would assume that relocking it without the DRM keys has broken it. To rewrite the TA backup img to the phone you have to use flashtool version 922.3 If I was in your position with or without a drm backup I would try using that version of the flashtool to flash a FW and try the relock procedure again to see if it makes a difference. Have you unlocked it again to see if it brings the camera back?

Ok I unlocked the device again using Sony Mobile Flasher. I'm now flashing an Android 6 ftf file from the UK. I have the TA backup img but am not sure how to restore it. Apparently the Backup TA version 1 had a restore option in the CMD menu. But all the 2nd version does is backup a TA partition key from what I can tell.

Any help restoring the key would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ok now I've booted up without locking the boot loader and the camera is working. So now I should be able to lock the bootloader and have it stay working right? But how do I do that?
17th June 2017, 07:02 PM |#6  
Quote:

So now I should be able to lock the bootloader and have it stay working right? But how do I do that?

Lets see. Download Flashtool version 9.22.3 and download Rootkernel, use RK to create a DK.ftf from your TA.img then flash that using the 9.22.3 version of the flashtool. To create a DK.ftf open a cmd window in the Rootkernel folder and enter flash_dk TA.img DK.ftf.
18th June 2017, 03:29 AM |#7  

More
Thank you for the help.

I was using a higher version of the Flashtool so I found the 9.22.3 version and got that installed. I found the Rootkernel and used it to create a DK.ftf successfully from my TA.img.

I flashed that successfully and rebooted the phone but it didn't work. This also didn't automatically relock the device like I read it should of.

I then started over by flashing the Android 6.0 ftf file again. Then I used the flashtool to relock the device. Finally, I flashed the DK.ftf file one more time.

I just booted up the phone and now the camera isn't working with the same error I had before. I also checked the security menu of the phone and it still says the DRM files are not there.

I'm really not sure why it's not working.
18th June 2017, 07:44 AM |#8  
EDIT: See below.
19th June 2017, 05:59 PM |#9  
Quote:

I then started over by flashing the Android 6.0 ftf file again. Then I used the flashtool to relock the device. Finally, I flashed the DK.ftf file one more time.

Lets try one last thing. From reading the threads here apparently flashing the DK.ftf is only for those with an unlocked BL wanting to keep DRM functions so places the TA in a location that DRM-fix kernels can pickup. To rewrite the original partition you have to do the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

CONFIRMATION OF TA RESTORE!
- Unlocked bootloader
- Flashed TWRP
- Pushed TAbackup.img (I renamed it) to /data/local/tmp
- Did

Code:
adb shell dd if=/data/local/tmp/TAbackup.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/TA
- Rebooted
- Everything back as it was. Original TA restored and DRM keys all active
Quote:

Then flash a stock ftf.

NOTE/EDIT: Due to dm-verity, you cannot restore TA on a rooted phone (Z3+ onwards). It won't boot up. Boot and system have to be pure untouched stock.

...if this way fails then it's time to talk to Sony or just run an unlocked BL permanently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
20th June 2017, 02:10 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 3,945

Donate to Me
More
Flashing DK.ftf isn't enough. You need to make a boot.img with DRM fix as well using rootkernel.
20th June 2017, 05:08 PM |#11  
Quote:

Flashing DK.ftf isn't enough. You need to make a boot.img with DRM fix as well using rootkernel.

They're trying to relock but the camera stops working when they do so just trying any method at this point.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)