Not charging, not recognized by computers etc

Search This thread

maaljen

Apr 21, 2014
Umeå
ninya.org
Hi! I have a Sony Xperia X Compact, all stock... about 5 months old.

It began a few months ago; my phone would charge, but it would not be recognized by the computer. I couldn't browse the memory card etc. from the computer it was connected to. It did however charge.

Yesterday I was at a hospital, and by the time I got home, my phone had died. The last time I looked at my phone before it died, I saw a notification about an Android update.

When I got home, I connected the charger directly into the wall. however, nothing happened. I saw the red light, and it suddenly switched to green, then back to red again. Not blinking light..it's rocksteady.
After an hour or so, I tried starting my phone, but it wouldn't even vibrate. So I plugged it into my stationary computer, which told me it had only identified an "unknown device". I tried updating the drivers, but it said it had the newest ones. I tried a different computer, but same thing there. I even tried my linux server and my PS4. But still no go.

If I hold vol up + power, it vibrates once and the blue light begins to shine, but nothing more happens. If I hold the same keys further, it vibrates thrice and goes back to red + green.

I've been trying all different power supplies for hours, but it's stone dead.

I'd really appreciate any help!