FORUMS

LG X Power? Screen? Root

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By iggut, Member on 22nd August 2016, 09:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have an LG X Power and was looking for the right place to post and only found this forum.

I am not sure if the LG X line (power, screen...) has the same rooting methods, so I thought I'd ask here and hope for the best.

Does anyone know of any way to root the LG X Power? I tried KingRoot (apk and pc methods) and the only guide I found has no comments and did not work.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iggut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iggut Ad-Free
28th August 2016, 08:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bump <3 i need.
3rd September 2016, 06:51 AM |#3  
Flag Ward
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Hi I also just got this X power phone from cricket, I did see that we have option in developer settings to allow oem unlock, however i cant seem to get to fastboot with it, I am thinking it is behind the LAF partition which is download mode....but cant zero it out to see without root...to the other fellas that have the same device does your recovery work? Only way I can even boot into recovery is by ADB reboot recovery.......but once there the menu seems to be hidden for me how bout you guys?
4th September 2016, 09:42 PM |#4  
Flag Ward

More
I also found a way to put the X Power into qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode without actually being in a soft brick etc. No modifications made at all it was pretty simple playing around with the device as it boots up you can get the device into this state, it appears that it is actually off but it is not. While booting if you hold power and vol down the device will reboot again and then you want to release and quickly immediately after the release hold power and vol up as well as vol down and if you got it right the device will then go to bulk mode from there I think we may be able to actually pull the protected partitions etc as we need also it is also possible to find some other exploits from there or use as a vector for something else.....If this info helped anyone let me know also if you have any ideas on being able to use something like this to push a root with dd commands that would be helpful...if you for some reason play around with your device in this state the way to get back out of it and boot normally is to hold vol down and power for a bit and the device will reboot even though it is in bulk mode which from my past experience I only went into bulk like that if i had edited the aboot....which at that point in a linux machine you can use gdisk commands to find the device then connect to it and change out the aboot etc....I am thinking this is a security hole that may exist on other lg devices and could possibly be important I hope in getting root etc on some of these 6.0+ LG devices.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toxinburn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toxinburn Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 11:52 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

I also found a way to put the X Power into qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode without actually being in a soft brick etc. No modifications made at all it was pretty simple playing around with the device as it boots up you can get the device into this state, it appears that it is actually off but it is not. While booting if you hold power and vol down the device will reboot again and then you want to release and quickly immediately after the release hold power and vol up as well as vol down and if you got it right the device will then go to bulk mode from there I think we may be able to actually pull the protected partitions etc as we need also it is also possible to find some other exploits from there or use as a vector for something else.....If this info helped anyone let me know also if you have any ideas on being able to use something like this to push a root with dd commands that would be helpful...if you for some reason play around with your device in this state the way to get back out of it and boot normally is to hold vol down and power for a bit and the device will reboot even though it is in bulk mode which from my past experience I only went into bulk like that if i had edited the aboot....which at that point in a linux machine you can use gdisk commands to find the device then connect to it and change out the aboot etc....I am thinking this is a security hole that may exist on other lg devices and could possibly be important I hope in getting root etc on some of these 6.0+ LG devices.

I wish I knew what I was doing. Just proficient at playing around with ROMs not getting exploits /root working sadly

+bump looking for help to get root. Let me know what I can do to help.
16th September 2016, 12:13 AM |#6  
Flag Ward

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggut

I wish I knew what I was doing. Just proficient at playing around with ROMs not getting exploits /root working sadly

+bump looking for help to get root. Let me know what I can do to help.

Well i can tell you this much i can while in download mode push scripts etc via the com ports and even execute but its locked to the point it doesn't seem to allow remount like it used to on last gen lg devices but could be someone more advanced and knowledgeable in scripts that could help us hopefully also spurce is available to build with but without oem signature keys im doubting i can flash it even if i do build it....i guess i could try that but im highly doubtful it will work. So basically from my viewpoint we need a modified sceipt that cam be ran while in download mode or hope someone utilizes the quadroot vulnerabilities that this device is still vulnerable to in order to gain a root shell again with a script or apk of some sort...im for sure searching high and low for info if you want to help just help me get people together that are working on this device the more the merrier.
21st October 2016, 06:53 AM |#7  
Flag Ward

More
made an unofficial page for the lg x power not sure why xda added two from the x series but not power i also put in request for own page still waiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to toxinburn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toxinburn Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 08:33 PM |#8  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 23

More
i have the X Style.
i have the X Style or also called Tribute HD. i would love some info about rooting it. might just go get a new phone lmao. bout time anyway
25th October 2016, 02:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
LG X power official category
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

made an unofficial page for the lg x power not sure why xda added two from the x series but not power i also put in request for own page still waiting.

I agree. I'm waiting for a LG X power official category.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dragonjf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dragonjf Ad-Free
16th November 2016, 05:44 AM |#10  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Waiting for something for LG X max (also part of this family)
16th November 2016, 11:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
On the same boat here. Mine is LG X Power K220dsF.
Also, has anyone got a firmware update for this phone? I got a V10b update but didn't updated, afraid of battery issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg x power root screen, lg-x-power

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)