LG X Power? Screen? Root

Search This thread

iggut

Jul 20, 2012
Hi,

I have an LG X Power and was looking for the right place to post and only found this forum.

I am not sure if the LG X line (power, screen...) has the same rooting methods, so I thought I'd ask here and hope for the best.

Does anyone know of any way to root the LG X Power? I tried KingRoot (apk and pc methods) and the only guide I found has no comments and did not work.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
Hi I also just got this X power phone from cricket, I did see that we have option in developer settings to allow oem unlock, however i cant seem to get to fastboot with it, I am thinking it is behind the LAF partition which is download mode....but cant zero it out to see without root...to the other fellas that have the same device does your recovery work? Only way I can even boot into recovery is by ADB reboot recovery.......but once there the menu seems to be hidden for me how bout you guys?

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
I also found a way to put the X Power into qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode without actually being in a soft brick etc. No modifications made at all it was pretty simple playing around with the device as it boots up you can get the device into this state, it appears that it is actually off but it is not. While booting if you hold power and vol down the device will reboot again and then you want to release and quickly immediately after the release hold power and vol up as well as vol down and if you got it right the device will then go to bulk mode from there I think we may be able to actually pull the protected partitions etc as we need also it is also possible to find some other exploits from there or use as a vector for something else.....If this info helped anyone let me know also if you have any ideas on being able to use something like this to push a root with dd commands that would be helpful...if you for some reason play around with your device in this state the way to get back out of it and boot normally is to hold vol down and power for a bit and the device will reboot even though it is in bulk mode which from my past experience I only went into bulk like that if i had edited the aboot....which at that point in a linux machine you can use gdisk commands to find the device then connect to it and change out the aboot etc....I am thinking this is a security hole that may exist on other lg devices and could possibly be important I hope in getting root etc on some of these 6.0+ LG devices.

iggut

Jul 20, 2012
I also found a way to put the X Power into qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode without actually being in a soft brick etc. No modifications made at all it was pretty simple playing around with the device as it boots up you can get the device into this state, it appears that it is actually off but it is not. While booting if you hold power and vol down the device will reboot again and then you want to release and quickly immediately after the release hold power and vol up as well as vol down and if you got it right the device will then go to bulk mode from there I think we may be able to actually pull the protected partitions etc as we need also it is also possible to find some other exploits from there or use as a vector for something else.....If this info helped anyone let me know also if you have any ideas on being able to use something like this to push a root with dd commands that would be helpful...if you for some reason play around with your device in this state the way to get back out of it and boot normally is to hold vol down and power for a bit and the device will reboot even though it is in bulk mode which from my past experience I only went into bulk like that if i had edited the aboot....which at that point in a linux machine you can use gdisk commands to find the device then connect to it and change out the aboot etc....I am thinking this is a security hole that may exist on other lg devices and could possibly be important I hope in getting root etc on some of these 6.0+ LG devices.

I wish I knew what I was doing. Just proficient at playing around with ROMs not getting exploits /root working sadly :(

+bump looking for help to get root. Let me know what I can do to help.

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
I wish I knew what I was doing. Just proficient at playing around with ROMs not getting exploits /root working sadly :(

+bump looking for help to get root. Let me know what I can do to help.

Well i can tell you this much i can while in download mode push scripts etc via the com ports and even execute but its locked to the point it doesn't seem to allow remount like it used to on last gen lg devices but could be someone more advanced and knowledgeable in scripts that could help us hopefully also spurce is available to build with but without oem signature keys im doubting i can flash it even if i do build it....i guess i could try that but im highly doubtful it will work. So basically from my viewpoint we need a modified sceipt that cam be ran while in download mode or hope someone utilizes the quadroot vulnerabilities that this device is still vulnerable to in order to gain a root shell again with a script or apk of some sort...im for sure searching high and low for info if you want to help just help me get people together that are working on this device the more the merrier.

Macakovski

Jan 26, 2014
On the same boat here. Mine is LG X Power K220dsF.
Also, has anyone got a firmware update for this phone? I got a V10b update but didn't updated, afraid of battery issues.

dragonjf

Oct 13, 2016

Phlerndip

Jul 25, 2008
Naples, Fl
Really need a root for this phone

I would love to be able to do this myself. How do people root a phone from scratch? What software do they use? I know you can mess with a ROM using android studio. However in this instance that would not help, because without a custom bootloader, you would not be able to install your custom ROM.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to learn how to root a phone from scratch? I don't mind putting in the time. Don't know where to start.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Very difficult these days to root thanks to all the security patches coming out to prevent it

hey man seen u around i just picked this thing up gonna give it a whack

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Hi there! New to the LG X Power. Pretty impressive, especially since i come from an HTC background. (Cricket is less than half the cost of my previous provider, so yeah)

Has anybody tried the root method from this thread? It looks promising.

http://xdaforums.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772

so far no go fastboot is hidden under the laf partition and even then it probly wont respond to most commands lgs newer secureboot and 64 bit encryption on said bootloaders make it nearly impossible still workin on g4 but no go there either

Reactions: bonesnj0

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
hey man seen u around i just picked this thing up gonna give it a whack

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

so far no go fastboot is hidden under the laf partition and even then it probly wont respond to most commands lgs newer secureboot and 64 bit encryption on said bootloaders make it nearly impossible still workin on g4 but no go there either

Hey, yeah cool phone (Boost version) but I don't think we'll ever see root on it.

Reminds me of when I had my Tribute 5 which I was able to root with King Root at the time.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Hey, yeah cool phone (Boost version) but I don't think we'll ever see root on it.

Reminds me of when I had my Tribute 5 which I was able to root with King Root at the time.

i got the criket doesnt look good
id say dd a rooted sytem image like the g4. but it prob wont work on mm just like g4.
lgs tightwadded bl lock down now i noticed also mine has a older sept security update might be vunerable to the dirty cow
i know kingo kingroot towel root and stumproot are out no go on them.
im gonna try a few more like ioroot and such.

Reactions: bonesnj0

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
i got the criket doesnt look good
id say dd a rooted sytem image like the g4. but it prob wont work on mm just like g4.
lgs tightwadded bl lock down now i noticed also mine has a older sept security update might be vunerable to the dirty cow
i know kingo kingroot towel root and stumproot are out no go on them.
im gonna try a few more like ioroot and such.

Good luck I guess.

I like the boost one because it has higher specs. It scores almost double that of the other versions on AnTuTu.

Found a great deal for them new on eBay for $59.

Have you checked out the hardware differences/ benchmarks of each?

Can run a little hot, but still works great.

The only thing I will miss is Viper4Android.

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Yours probably gets much better battery life though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have an LG X Power and was looking for the right place to post and only found this forum.

I am not sure if the LG X line (power, screen...) has the same rooting methods, so I thought I'd ask here and hope for the best.

Does anyone know of any way to root the LG X Power? I tried KingRoot (apk and pc methods) and the only guide I found has no comments and did not work.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    LG X power official category

made an unofficial page for the lg x power not sure why xda added two from the x series but not power i also put in request for own page still waiting.

I agree. I'm waiting for a LG X power official category.
    I'm looking for LG X Charge aka SP 320

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I'm planning to mount magisk using magisk manager.

Still lookong for the SP-320?