FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remix OS - 4.4.4 Custom Roms Air II/3G

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By Protein-, Member on 25th June 2015, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2015, 08:29 PM |#21  
I should click on flash_system_only.xml to keep windows and android ?

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I just received an error code, what does it mean? Booting to droidboot.img failed - SN : Baytrail681B82B4

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I got the same error code again but this time I was installing the official download from Teclast

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Could it be because that I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview? Does the tablet need to have 50% of battery or more for it to work. Could that be way I am getting the error code?

4th July 2015, 10:20 PM |#22  
K quick update. I have fixed the issue but sadly default installed applications do not have support for phone mode only the google play installed apps do. Does anyone know how to root this tablet with Remix OS and add more apps to phone mode? Is the root method the same for the normal rom preinstalled on the air tablet?
6th July 2015, 01:14 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi,

thanks for your nice rom. But when installing, I had a few issues. My PC is Windows 8.1 x64, the tablet: X98 Air II(HG9N) with android only. I uesed your package "Remix OS Air II - Pre Root" with flash.xml.

After installing every driver and following the video tutorial, the ManufacturingFlashTool threw an error "droidboot.img failed"
Reason: Tablet wasn't recognized correctly by windows. Device manager showed "INTEL ANDROID AD" device with an yellow warning.
Solution: Install/Update Android SDK and FORCE windows to install "Android ADB Interface" from sdk path ( \android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf ). When trying to let windows choose, it didn't install any driver.

Now the first step of the flashing process worked, but after 30 secs it showed the next screen and again windows didnt recognize the correct device driver. It showed "ANDROID-PHONE". This time i chose "Android Bootloader Interface".
System flashed and booted successfully.

Now I face a few problems:
1. Interface Language: I can't chose german. <-- is there any language pack available?
2. Keyboard Language: same problem - only english available
3. Automatic Date & time doesnt work <-- o.k. this is clearly because of the wrong language settings?
4. About Tablet shows wrong Model number "X98 Air 3G" <-- only optical error or does it has any impacts?
5. Upper Notification pane shows GSM/UMTS/3G Symbol
6. Play store doesn't recognize installed apps or already purchased apps. I DID login, reboot, clear cache,...?! Also my google account only shows "app Data" and People Details. But no calendar, books,....?

Any ideas on these errors? Thx, Peter

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Error number 6: I thought you would have included a working play store already, but I was wrong. So uninstall (didn't work with system app so I had to remove via Titanium backup), and then install apks from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=425. Now it looks different, but the problem stays the same.
11th August 2015, 09:07 PM |#24  
Flag A.F.K.
Thanks Meter: 39

More
why can't I root this? Air 3g? I was able to with the stock remix os. what have you changed?
21st August 2015, 10:12 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 752

More
Screen mirroring doesn't work for me, even though my TV supports Intel WiDi. Anyone knows a fix?
20th September 2015, 09:38 PM |#26  
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227

Donate to Me
More
Old version, this is just the first Remix OS ROM made by Teclast...Hope to see Remix last version as soon as possible..

Edit:
- Teclast x98 Remix OS official download
- Remix OS forum
9th November 2015, 08:58 PM |#27  
Flag Milan (Italy)

Donate to Me
More
Remix OS 2.0 is arriving to Teclast x98 Air 3G / Air 2 / Air III?
See here:
- Official Teclast forum about Remix OS 2.0

It is slow due to Chinese Great Wall (firewall)..
The Following User Says Thank You to Maxximo88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maxximo88 Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 11:35 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Is your link for 2.0 only a review? Cant see any download link.
23rd November 2015, 01:24 PM |#29  
Flag Milan (Italy)

Donate to Me
More
NEWS
RemixOS 1.5 for Teclast x98 Air (Air 2 + Air 3G) available.
- Original Teclast topic
- Download (Please download it and upload on international hosting like Google Drive or Mega.co.nz)
How to:
1) Install RemixOS 1.0
2) Move downloaded content (APK and ROM) on internal storage
3) Use APP to upgrade after moving downloaded content in the internal storage.
23rd November 2015, 02:54 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
I think 2.0 was new?? And the 1.5 news is dated 19.july, as beta from may 2015.. confused....

And the link to the download doenst exist...
17th December 2015, 03:44 PM |#31  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Any other link to the download of remix 1.5? It is not showing up...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
x98-air

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)