By supercowz, Senior Member on 14th February 2016, 09:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2016, 10:18 PM |#11  
Flag Kelowna
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercowz

what i think is the SD Card/chip or what ever, is bugged crappy, not working proprelly with some brand/size/chip used is not detected is both side (win or android)
i try arround 10 different sd and size mostly sandisk brand, none was detected
but the one (kingrston 16Gb) as gift the taclast shipped by the seller, was working out of the box
so i end up with only 16Gb for now, sine i can't use 64Gb (sad i have fews in stock ...)
but you can still use some by teawking SD drivers under W10,
some sd card repported working after that ... but not on android, harder to tweak android sd driver/kernel ....
i will receive soon the 128Gb kingston i will see soon

Just an afterthought, have you tried formatting one of your 64GB cards to Ext 3/4 to see if Android will see it, mine is fine with Fat32 but I had to format to that because card came as exFat, I tried NTFS on one to check if it would work in Windows but made no difference. Great to see you are getting close on the custom Rom. I have not rooted yet, no real need and an app I use checks for rooting so rather than get in to root cloaking I am pretty happy with stock so far.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix10

Any idea for good case? Without keyboard..

I know you say without keyboard but I have the Teclast case and keyboard combo I got from Gearbest and I am really impressed with it. I was expecting typical Chinese "pleather' but it is a textured material, looks really good and seems very durable and the inside is lightly flocked. Tablet clicks in to a plastic hard shell. Keyboard has a metal bottom and attaches magnetically to the case so easily removable without clips etc. and can be positioned anywhere. Keyboard forms the front stop when case is used as a stand so fully adjustable. Tablet folds up excellent in case when keyboard removed and is really well protected. Keyboard has to be packed separately to take it along but not a problem. All cut-outs are perfect but volume and power buttons need a fingernail push, no room for a finger tip but that is good travel safety. Keyboard is great too but lags a little before wake up from sleep. In short I think it is great.
http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_271208.html Today $21.97 US. Mine shipped from Netherlands.

17th February 2016, 09:28 AM |#12  
Flag Telde
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
There is now root and custom ROM for the x98 Plus thanks to @supercowz
http://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-...-plus-t3313339
17th February 2016, 09:51 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

coocked rom based on 1.05, v1.0beta is working :
- fully rooted with superSU 2.46 fully working now (no more error fail try to update binary)
- cleaned chinese app
- set local in US
- installed nova
- set Lcd Dpi to 260 instead 320
- Supreme Battery life (even more in idle)
- Better internet browsing & download speed
- Smoother experience
- Google DNS
- More Ram
- Better signal reception
- Wireless Tweaks
- Smoother video streaming and tweak media
- Faster Boot-Animation FPS
- Game tweaks

i can release pre-vesion soon i mean now if someone want beta test it but i whant to work more on it let say 1-2days we should have final version

Any possibility to set local on CY or Eu.
17th February 2016, 04:25 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 531

Donate to Me
More
CustomRom.X98plus.Version1.Pre.by.Spzjulien
here is the pre/final version, seem working great on A5C8, please report for other model...thnx

CustomRom.X98plus.Version1.Pre.by.Spzjulien.zip here

coocked rom based on 1.05 for A5C8, v1.0 is working tested on A5C8 :

- fully rooted with superSU 2.46 fully working now (no more error fail try to update binary)
- changed stock launcher to Nova
- added fews useful apps, since system is 2.5Gb ! more than 1Gb free (stupid !!)
- improved touch screen
- cleaned chinese app
- set local in US
- set Lcd Dpi to 260 instead 320 (you can use inlcuded DPI changer to easy revert back to 320)
- improved Battery life (even more in idle)
- Better internet browsing & download speed
- Smoother experience
- Google DNS
- More Ram
- Better signal reception
- Wireless Tweaks
- Smoother video streaming and tweak media
- Faster Boot-Animation FPS
- Game tweaks

How to install :

if you never installed the Intel driver and flashtools
look at intel driver folder and install PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32.exe
enable usb debug !
This will update your system nothing is deleted and W10 untouched

EASY METHOD using intel PHONE FLASH TOOLS :

start intel PHONE FLASH TOOLS
you should see your tablet connected
then open flash.json
be sure that configuration: option is update so nothing will be deleted android peronal dans and w10 untouched
if you choice restore or erase then erase all the tablet then flash fresh custom android and no w10

so configuration on update then start flash

ADVANCED METHOD install via Cmd promt command in 2mn top :
extract the rom
on rom folder hold shift + right clic on free aera and open cmd shell option (hold down the Shift key and right-click on that folder. The context menu will contain an entry, ‘Open command window here.”)
reboot to recovery type :

adb reboot bootloader

now flash boot.img and system.img only (android data and win10 untouched) type :

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot

then wise to clear cache and dalvik

adb rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
enjoy
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to supercowz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercowz Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 05:19 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Downloading...
17th February 2016, 05:53 PM |#16  

More
-On linux:
adb reboot bootloader
-After reboot:
sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
sudo fastboot flash system system.img
sudo fastboot reboot

It was fast and easy, just needed to restore my backuped Nova settings, everything looks fine.

Hardware information, still not working for me dunno why. Do you have A5C6 or A5C8? Mine is A5C6 and it can be a bios problem.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

First problem, i've disabled USB Debug, now i can't do nothing.
It's showing me this error everytime:
http://imgur.com/EoIUpPj
"unfortunately, system ui has stopped" :/
17th February 2016, 06:22 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
I have OTB dualboot A5C8
Yeah your bugs look like bios used, no problem here even when turn off debug usb

Envoyé de mon X98 Plus(A5C8)SPZjulien en utilisant Tapatalk
17th February 2016, 06:25 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
What fw did you use before ?
17th February 2016, 06:47 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

What fw did you use before ?

The only one avaliable from Teclast.

The problem happend when i disabled USB Debug. So i could not access Recovery. Even Update from Intel Phone Flash Tool did not work, so i used recue. Now i dont have Windows 10 or my Android stuff. :/ Now i have to do everything from the start on both OS.
Pro Tip for people flashing: dont disable USB Debug.
17th February 2016, 07:01 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhaus

The only one avaliable from Teclast.

The problem happend when i disabled USB Debug. So i could not access Recovery. Even Update from Intel Phone Flash Tool did not work, so i used recue. Now i dont have Windows 10 or my Android stuff. :/ Now i have to do everything from the start on both OS.
Pro Tip for people flashing: dont disable USB Debug.

Is your model dualboot ?

Envoyé de mon X900+
17th February 2016, 07:05 PM |#21  

More
Now, yes it is dual boot.

Now that i have you rom from the start, i have another bug. everytime i click on the soft keys on the bottom, they show up on the top of the screen, sometimes they change without doing nothing and the clock goes to the bottom.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I will install the official rom from teclast again. Can you update the superSU in your other thread?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)