Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2016, 08:54 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atarashi

Hi, can I flash this rom to my x98 Plus (A5C6) ?

I think yes - please try and let us know .

23rd March 2016, 10:01 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
Mirek
Thanks for your work on the ROM. I know you answered a similar question on the TechTablets forum but I didn't really understand teh answer.

I see this ROM is rooted as well. Would it be possible to remove Root once installed so that I can install apps that don't play nicely with Root? For example, I have done this with my phone running 5.1, I was able to install TWRP, Root the phone with SuperSU.zip, install Viper4Android and then completely remove root via the SuperSu app. This then allowed me to install and run "Good Work" which needs to run on an unrooted device. Can I do something similar with this ROM? The reason for asking is that Good Work crashes on the stock ROM so I need to try something else.
23rd March 2016, 10:06 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Xda大神就是牛
23rd March 2016, 11:26 AM |#14  

More
ive got windows 10 dual boot,
does flashing this affect the function of the windows10?will i be still able to switch to win10 after a reboot ?
23rd March 2016, 11:42 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakershaker

ive got windows 10 dual boot,
does flashing this affect the function of the windows10?will i be still able to switch to win10 after a reboot ?

Flashing the rom via my flash tool not touch windows or windows icon from the selecting menu .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mirek190 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirek190 Ad-Free
23rd March 2016, 11:44 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapo101

Mirek
Thanks for your work on the ROM. I know you answered a similar question on the TechTablets forum but I didn't really understand teh answer.

I see this ROM is rooted as well. Would it be possible to remove Root once installed so that I can install apps that don't play nicely with Root? For example, I have done this with my phone running 5.1, I was able to install TWRP, Root the phone with SuperSU.zip, install Viper4Android and then completely remove root via the SuperSu app. This then allowed me to install and run "Good Work" which needs to run on an unrooted device. Can I do something similar with this ROM? The reason for asking is that Good Work crashes on the stock ROM so I need to try something else.

Yes you can install what you want and then unroot device via su app.
23rd March 2016, 11:46 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzany

Xda大神就是牛

Thanks
23rd March 2016, 12:26 PM |#18  

More
Thanks bro, good job

Enviado desde mi Be Touch 2
23rd March 2016, 03:21 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I'm pretty tech-savvy but woefully out of the loop with Android ROM stuff - anytime I've ever waded into these waters I've gotten lost and frustrated and usually give up.

This was the easiest and most straightforward process I've ever seen. First try and everything worked great. Awesome. Looking forward to actually using the Android side of this tablet...

One quick note: I had a really old 7-zip on my machine and it (and Winzip) had problems extracting the archive. So if any other amateurs are going down this path, just make sure to download a more recent 7-zip to open the package.
The Following User Says Thank You to spedinfargo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spedinfargo Ad-Free
23rd March 2016, 06:14 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Daft question here. I got X80 plus for my son, which is fairly similar on SOC side.

How did you resolve rooting the tablet? And installing Gapps? There is TWRP for X98 pro but the touchscreen does not work with X80 plus.. Rendering it pretty useless.

ADB appears to have root so theoretically getting everything to work is possible but since gapps & supersu only come as TWRP images it's kind of difficult.
23rd March 2016, 08:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Well rooting some Chinese gentleman figured out already (for x80 plus), that still leaves the Gapps. Incidentally extracting opengapps and running installer.sh will wipe system. Not recommended
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)