FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Boost teclast x98 air 3g

373 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By soudara, Senior Member on 16th September 2015, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all

if you need increase your tablet performance you juste need to install nova launcher and change stock resolution with nomone resolution on playstore

you can calc dpi for your custom resolution with this site https://www.sven.de/dpi/

high quality mode : 1440x2560 302dpi

balanced mode good quality and good performance : 1200x1600 206dpi

performance mode (very very smooth, quality not bad ): 960x1280 165dpi

after using tab at 960x1280 i can not back to 1440x2560 because is not smooth for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soudara For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soudara Ad-Free

7th October 2015, 09:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soudara

hi all

if you need increase your tablet performance you juste need to install nova launcher and change stock resolution with nomone resolution on playstore

you can calc dpi for your custom resolution with this site https://www.sven.de/dpi/

after using tab at 960x1280 i can not back to 1440x2560 because is not smooth for me

I don't think this is quite correct. The performance is already there. If I scroll something and let go, the scrolling is smooth. However, if you scroll with your finger still on the touchscreen, the performance drops. It looks like the bottleneck is in the touchscreen drivers. It looks like the touchscreen sampling rate is low compared to my phone (Nexus 4). Turn on developer option and enable show touch position. Draw a line and compare that to your other mid to high end devices and you'll notice the high end devices have nearly twice as much points drawn in between that line.

The settings you provide may be able to speed things up marginally but you won't notice it. The only thing you'll notice is the fuzziness you've introduced by lowering the resolution. Which makes the retina display a total waste. I have mine set at 1536 x 2048 290dpi and it's still sharp and snappy as long as the touch screen isn't constantly pressed.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I just want to add that the recommended settings change will definitely help 3d games, but the OS on its own should handle the native resolution well.
The Following User Says Thank You to beefbones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beefbones Ad-Free
3rd October 2016, 07:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i dont use the nomone resolution changer, instead a simple adb command would be better.
anyway, reduce the resolution improved performance greatly and i feel smoother experience.

i set mine at:
1400x1050 at 180dpi

anyway, here are the adb command:
adb shell wm size 1050x1400
adb shell wm density 180
adb reboot
2nd February 2017, 02:31 PM |#4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soudara

hi all

Use your favorite build.prop editor and add a new line.

persist.sys.scrollingcache
Set it's value to 3.
Reboot.

This will increase scrolling speed considerably. This trick is available for all Android devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)