FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best Rom and Bios for X98 Air III 32GB M5C5 FEB 2016

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By mrchrister, Senior Member on 7th February 2016, 09:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I just installed the following bios and rom to my Air III M5C5. I switched back from Windows because Windows was somehow buggy and didn't have much to offer for tablets:
I followed Kuba's advice ( http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/b...c5/#post-25075 ) about best rom and bios for M5C5:

DOWNLOAD ROM https://mega.nz/#!8s92TbCR!w-vVyqbnq...sx9YMqVhLm4hXA
DOWNLOAD BIOS http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=87 (thanks to skubidoo)
You will also need Mirek's ROM: http://techtablets.com/wpfb-file/x98...ltra-light-7z/

I can confirm my X98 works better than ever! Both cameras are working and the device feels snappier than the original Teclast Android rom that came with my device. The rom is the official Teclast X98 Air III rom for recently shipped devices. Thanks to guvno for making this available to everybody! I first thought I will install the debloated Google Now rom for the air iii but since this is based on the original Teclast rom that I used to run, it wouldn't have been an improvement in terms of speed.

Here's how to install the ROM

PREFERRED METHOD TO GET THE RIGHT BATTERY DISPLAY:
- Prepare guznos rom for MFT:
Go to folder "X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v7.0-ultra-light" - "ROM-backup"
Copy and replace droidboot.img, efilinux-userdebug.efi, flash-full_with_REPARTITION.xml and installer.cmd to the guzno folder.
- Install MFT software following tecknight's tutorial (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6)
- Now start MFT and select "flash-full_with_REPARTITION.xml" from the guzno folder.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:
- Install the drivers IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe and IntelDnXUSBDriverSetup.exe in Win7 from "X98+Air+III(M5C5)+-+guvno"
- I put my device in DNX mode (holding down vol up, vol down and power when tablet is switched off)
- Used the batch file "flash_rom.bat" from "X98+Air+III(M5C5)+-+guvno" which then installed a freshly rooted rom of android.

Here's how to install the BIOS

I downloaded X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v7.0-ultra-light, replaced /data/BIOS/2-05.bin with the one from the above mentioned link (https://mega.nz/#!dYxVTQrL!J9h-bk-hW...8TF6XXr-JwpgdU). Then I launched FLASH_tool_Teclast_x98_air_devices-v3.0, hit 4, then hit 2 and select 2.05. IMPORTANT Make sure you select only this version and make sure you replaced the right file. Be very careful with this step because if you accidentally flash the bios from the Air II to your Air III, it can brick your device!
For me, it worked correctly and updated my M5C5 to the most recent BIOS. You can tell because the tablet doesnt start up displaying chinese letters anymore but instead showing the latin letters TECLAST

If you want to keep your Windows installation I believe you have to change partition.tbl but not sure how this would work. I'm Android only now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrchrister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrchrister Ad-Free

8th February 2016, 08:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
please can you post a screenshot of the device versions (Android Version, Kernel-, Build-Number, etc.)?

Thanks,
8th February 2016, 12:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Android 5.0, build number is V1.00_20151204, kernel version 3.10.2 (December 7th 2015 10:50:43 CST).

This version is already with root
8th February 2016, 01:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This rom works really great but the notification bar is flickering in some apps, someone has the same problem?

Enviado desde mi X98 Air III(M5C5) mediante Tapatalk
8th February 2016, 04:29 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicape92

This rom works really great but the notification bar is flickering in some apps, someone has the same problem?

Yes, I'm returning to Sikke1's Rom because the flicker annoys me

I tried mixing Clean Rom+System.img from Sikke1's Rom and is working very good, but unfortunately the rear camera is upside down.
8th February 2016, 06:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I haven't noticed any flicker yet...which apps are you guys talking about?
8th February 2016, 06:54 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkubiDoo

Android 5.0, build number is V1.00_20151204, kernel version 3.10.2 (December 7th 2015 10:50:43 CST).

This version is already with root

Thanks, same like my stock

and yes, i have the same issue with flickering notification bar...
8th February 2016, 09:51 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heino69

Thanks, same like my stock

and yes, i have the same issue with flickering notification bar...

Try to disable gravitybox if you are using it. That helped for me on the flickering issue on mirek's v7.0 rom
9th February 2016, 10:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
So is this new stock rom worth switching? what about ui fluididy and battery calibration problems? has anyone tested it, who really does know the problems of the other available roms?

greetings
9th February 2016, 02:03 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rionline

So is this new stock rom worth switching? what about ui fluididy and battery calibration problems? has anyone tested it, who really does know the problems of the other available roms?

greetings

Hi, I installed the ROM two days ago and seems to work all ok more fluid and stable

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azci

Try to disable gravitybox if you are using it. That helped for me on the flickering issue on mirek's v7.0 rom

There isn't gravitybox into that ROM as mirek's, so thank you for your reply, if i found how to solve it, i will write here

9th February 2016, 02:22 PM |#11  

More
Right, there is no gravitybox in stock ROM.

The battery status is fine for me, the only thing which is not 100% OK for me (beside this flickering) is the touch screen sensitivity.
Some times a have to touch twice for reaction - is this normal for this screen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)