I just installed the following bios and rom to my Air III M5C5. I switched back from Windows because Windows was somehow buggy and didn't have much to offer for tablets:
I followed Kuba's advice ( http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/b...c5/#post-25075 ) about best rom and bios for M5C5:
DOWNLOAD ROM https://mega.nz/#!8s92TbCR!w-vVyqbnq...sx9YMqVhLm4hXA
DOWNLOAD BIOS http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=87 (thanks to skubidoo)
You will also need Mirek's ROM: http://techtablets.com/wpfb-file/x98...ltra-light-7z/
I can confirm my X98 works better than ever! Both cameras are working and the device feels snappier than the original Teclast Android rom that came with my device. The rom is the official Teclast X98 Air III rom for recently shipped devices. Thanks to guvno for making this available to everybody! I first thought I will install the debloated Google Now rom for the air iii but since this is based on the original Teclast rom that I used to run, it wouldn't have been an improvement in terms of speed.
Here's how to install the ROM
PREFERRED METHOD TO GET THE RIGHT BATTERY DISPLAY:
- Prepare guznos rom for MFT:
Go to folder "X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v7.0-ultra-light" - "ROM-backup"
Copy and replace droidboot.img, efilinux-userdebug.efi, flash-full_with_REPARTITION.xml and installer.cmd to the guzno folder.
- Install MFT software following tecknight's tutorial (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6)
- Now start MFT and select "flash-full_with_REPARTITION.xml" from the guzno folder.
- Install the drivers IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe and IntelDnXUSBDriverSetup.exe in Win7 from "X98+Air+III(M5C5)+-+guvno"
- I put my device in DNX mode (holding down vol up, vol down and power when tablet is switched off)
- Used the batch file "flash_rom.bat" from "X98+Air+III(M5C5)+-+guvno" which then installed a freshly rooted rom of android.
Here's how to install the BIOS
I downloaded X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v7.0-ultra-light, replaced /data/BIOS/2-05.bin with the one from the above mentioned link (https://mega.nz/#!dYxVTQrL!J9h-bk-hW...8TF6XXr-JwpgdU). Then I launched FLASH_tool_Teclast_x98_air_devices-v3.0, hit 4, then hit 2 and select 2.05. IMPORTANT Make sure you select only this version and make sure you replaced the right file. Be very careful with this step because if you accidentally flash the bios from the Air II to your Air III, it can brick your device!
For me, it worked correctly and updated my M5C5 to the most recent BIOS. You can tell because the tablet doesnt start up displaying chinese letters anymore but instead showing the latin letters TECLAST
If you want to keep your Windows installation I believe you have to change partition.tbl but not sure how this would work. I'm Android only now.