FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Install Android-x86

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Kryogen, Member on 23rd May 2016, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I tried installing Android-X86 on my Teclast X98 Air 3G (C5J8 - 64GB Z3735F) tablet.. and surprisingly enough, it works! (Though not without bugs).
I believe if we apply the correct fixes for baytrail platform, we could get Android 5.1 and even 6.0! I would do that myself, though being new to android building (always used custom roms, neve cooked them) an helping hand or two would be appreciated
You will need:Now let's go down to the business, the install process is as follows:
  1. Use rufus to burn GParted live iso on your usb stick #1, ISO mode, MBR for UEFI Partition scheme.
  2. Attach your usb hub with GParted USB stick, keyboard and mouse to the tablet. Enter the bios and from "Boot override" menu, choose your USB stick.
  3. Boot to GParted live, choosing any option from its bootmenu.
  4. Once booted, use GParted to create a 201MB FAT32 partition labeled "EFI", and a big enough ext4 partition for the system (I used whole disk), commit the changes and power off the tablet.
  5. Burn Android-x86 img to your USB stick #2 (Or #1, we won't really need it anymore), DD Image mode.
  6. Boot to your usb stick, same way as you did in step 2
  7. Install Android-x86 to the ext4 partition, when asked to install Grub and EFI Grub 2 say "Yes", i choose to install system in R/W, but you can choose to keep it read only if you wish.
  8. Boot to your android-x86 Installation
What does not work:
  • Power button (Perhaps wrong GPIO pin in the driver?)
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Micro SD slot
  • Screen is upside-down and does not go off, it dims instead.
  • 3D Acceleration (I believe, Antutu 3D Bench makes the tablet reboot when started)
  • YouTube playback does not work (Continuous reloading of the stream)
  • Camera (Couldn't test)
  • Touchscreen (My digitizer is broken so i couldn't test, but it's been reported as not working by @Maxximo88 )
  • 3G (Couldn't test!)
  • Perhaps, other things i didn't test.
As i got it, most of these problems are from wrong device configuration. I will try syncing and building an android-x86 image with the correct drivers and configuration as soon as i have some spare time, what we now have looks like an interesting starting point. And knowing Android-x86 has joined forces with RemixOS, there are chances we could even be able to build RemixOS 2.0!

Useful stuff:
Android Device Tree

Update:
The same process can be used to install android-x86 6.0 Marshmallow. Same working hardware and procedure, so i'll be using that as a base.
I dumped some logs (lsmod, dmesg etc) you can find them in the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: rar android-6.0-log.rar - [Click for QR Code] (16.6 KB, 128 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryogen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kryogen Ad-Free

23rd May 2016, 12:26 PM |#2  
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227

Donate to Me
More
Yep, ok that's a good start!
Hope someone could help you to get a fully working release!
24th May 2016, 11:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
@mirek190 are you still go for one more ROM?
26th May 2016, 10:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Great I hope some developer can get us an fully working rom! What do you say @mirek190?
17th December 2016, 01:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
hello i can to install android x86 in my teclast x80 plus ??? it all work ??? mp please ???
9th October 2017, 10:34 AM |#6  
Flag Chatswood
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryogen

I tried installing Android-X86 on my Teclast X98 Air 3G (C5J8 - 64GB Z3735F) tablet.. and surprisingly enough, it works! (Though not without bugs).
I believe if we apply the correct fixes for baytrail platform, we could get Android 5.1 and even 6.0! I would do that myself, though being new to android building (always used custom roms, neve cooked them) an helping hand or two would be appreciated
You will need:

Now let's go down to the business, the install process is as follows:
  1. Use rufus to burn GParted live iso on your usb stick #1, ISO mode, MBR for UEFI Partition scheme.
  2. Attach your usb hub with GParted USB stick, keyboard and mouse to the tablet. Enter the bios and from "Boot override" menu, choose your USB stick.
  3. Boot to GParted live, choosing any option from its bootmenu.
  4. Once booted, use GParted to create a 201MB FAT32 partition labeled "EFI", and a big enough ext4 partition for the system (I used whole disk), commit the changes and power off the tablet.
  5. Burn Android-x86 img to your USB stick #2 (Or #1, we won't really need it anymore), DD Image mode.
  6. Boot to your usb stick, same way as you did in step 2
  7. Install Android-x86 to the ext4 partition, when asked to install Grub and EFI Grub 2 say "Yes", i choose to install system in R/W, but you can choose to keep it read only if you wish.
  8. Boot to your android-x86 Installation
What does not work:
  • Power button (Perhaps wrong GPIO pin in the driver?)
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Micro SD slot
  • Screen is upside-down and does not go off, it dims instead.
  • 3D Acceleration (I believe, Antutu 3D Bench makes the tablet reboot when started)
  • YouTube playback does not work (Continuous reloading of the stream)
  • Camera (Couldn't test)
  • Touchscreen (My digitizer is broken so i couldn't test, but it's been reported as not working by @Maxximo88 )
  • 3G (Couldn't test!)
  • Perhaps, other things i didn't test.
As i got it, most of these problems are from wrong device configuration. I will try syncing and building an android-x86 image with the correct drivers and configuration as soon as i have some spare time, what we now have looks like an interesting starting point. And knowing Android-x86 has joined forces with RemixOS, there are chances we could even be able to build RemixOS 2.0!

Useful stuff:
Android Device Tree

Update:
The same process can be used to install android-x86 6.0 Marshmallow. Same working hardware and procedure, so i'll be using that as a base.
I dumped some logs (lsmod, dmesg etc) you can find them in the attachments.

Hello mate, have u try to update the new version, Android O on it?

Any updates?

Thanks.
18th October 2017, 02:57 PM |#7  
Flag Nice
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Phoenixos 2.0
Salut

Installation de Phoenix os 2.0 sur une tablette
Teclast x98 air 3g tuto video en 4 partie.
présentation sur la tablette de la version Phoenix os 1

https://youtu.be/LWYU3eIp-Zk

vidéo explicite de l'installation sur un Pipo X7 les manipulations a faires sont exactement les mêmes.

https://youtu.be/NUCsSkbooqw

3 et 4
mise a jour vers Phoenix os 2.0 Android nougat 7.1

https://youtu.be/W0kz9LUXdiA

https://youtu.be/fYpLOBjnYxM

:RÉ[COLOR="Silver"
16th April 2018, 06:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Salut ,
est ce que le son et le tactile fonctionne ?
Merci
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)