FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Install and use Ubuntu Touch 16.04 on Teclast tablets [ISO]

527 posts
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2016, 12:16 PM |#11  
micky1067's Avatar
Member
Flag Hanau
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Mhhm. But maybe it will possible when you push the windows button by dual boot bios you become grub. Here you can choose windows or ubuntu.
The only thing is to install grub in boot partition of windows. This will be a nice way. Better like to have RemixOS.
One thing. I have Tablet air 3g C6J6 with only 32 GB. I installed right now Android and Win10 pro. The programs are at sd card with 65 GB.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------
 
 
6th April 2016, 02:47 PM |#12  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1067

Mhhm. But maybe it will possible when you push the windows button by dual boot bios you become grub. Here you can choose windows or ubuntu.
The only thing is to install grub in boot partition of windows. This will be a nice way. Better like to have RemixOS.
One thing. I have Tablet air 3g C6J6 with only 32 GB. I installed right now Android and Win10 pro. The programs are at sd card with 65 GB.[COLOR="Silver"]

You are able to use SD Card too..If you use Grub Bootloader you will be able to boot from:
- eMMC;
- SD Card;
- USB Pendrive;
7th April 2016, 10:05 AM |#13  
Member
Flag Roquetas de Mar
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Thank you Maxximo and everybody trying to make XJubuntu work on your tablets!
As soon as I find the time I will add utouch and Ndisgtk among other things to XJubuntu.
I've corrected the download links on http://xjubuntab.xjesus.net
7th April 2016, 10:29 AM |#14  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjesus

Thank you Maxximo and everybody trying to make XJubuntu work on your tablets!
As soon as I find the time I will add utouch and Ndisgtk among other things to XJubuntu.
I've corrected the download links on http://xjubuntab.xjesus.net

Q: Do you know why I can't change my signature in XDA?

Hi Man,
I'm working on a Ubuntu ISOs, as you have done for your Xubuntu customization!
Here the packages I've integrated:
  • ubuntu-restricted-extras p7zip
  • p7zip-rar p7zip-full unace unrar zip unzip sharutils rar uudeview mpack arj cabextract file-roller
  • flashplugin-installer
  • ubuntu-after-install
  • openjdk-8-jre
  • tlp
  • zram-config
  • linux-firmware-nonfree
  • gdebi
  • synaptic
  • Get "purge"
  • lm-sensors psensor hddtemp


Software installed:
  • hotot
  • libreoffice-base
  • vlc
  • kodi
  • telegram
  • secpanel
  • Google Chrome
  • ndisgtk (to use windows wifi drivers)
  • XScreenSaver
  • xinput calibrator
  • pinta
  • grub-customizer
  • unetbootin
  • gparted
  • build-essential


For your signature, You cannot exceed some limits in signature!!!
7th April 2016, 08:27 PM |#15  
Member
Flag Roquetas de Mar
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I have to try this: <b>Installation. Must locate /boot on the eMMC and not the SD card, because the UEFI does not support booting from SD card. Need to resize NTFS to make space for /boot. </b>



Tonight I’ll be uploading a new release with some of your suggestions/ideas:

xinput-calibrator
NDisGTK + Windows WiFi drivers from Realtek
Unity8 MIR
I have disabled auto-login to be able to select XFCE/Unity/MIR
Some cosmetic changes and internal changes. CHANGED MAIN PANEL TO HORIZONTAL AND DROPPED DOCKY
Added Quicksynergy
7th April 2016, 10:51 PM |#16  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjesus

I have to try this: <b>Installation. Must locate /boot on the eMMC and not the SD card, because the UEFI does not support booting from SD card. Need to resize NTFS to make space for /boot. </b>



Tonight I’ll be uploading a new release with some of your suggestions/ideas:

xinput-calibrator
NDisGTK + Windows WiFi drivers from Realtek
Unity8 MIR
I have disabled auto-login to be able to select XFCE/Unity/MIR
Some cosmetic changes and internal changes. CHANGED MAIN PANEL TO HORIZONTAL AND DROPPED DOCKY
Added Quicksynergy

Hi, this evening I successfully installed and booted from my first ISO!!i erased all eMMC, with 205 Mib of EFI and the rest for "/" partition
Tomorrow I will upload it..Is SourceForge free?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maxximo88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maxximo88 Ad-Free
8th April 2016, 07:41 AM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Following with interests - nice work
8th April 2016, 08:47 AM |#18  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostiz

Following with interests - nice work

I'm uploading the first ISO.
8th April 2016, 09:57 AM |#19  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
ISO successfully uploaded on Mega, please refer the second post.
8th April 2016, 10:55 AM |#20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thank you very much for your huge and incredible work!

I've got a question: is this version a COMPLETE GNU/Linux system? I mean, can I install Ubuntu packages from their repo?
8th April 2016, 12:21 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Nice, u don't muck around, I like the inititive..Keep it up mate!

Ciao
Kosti
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
teclast x98, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes