FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Install and use Ubuntu Touch 16.04 on Teclast tablets [ISO]

527 posts
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2016, 04:41 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Flag Aguadulce
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Next patches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximo88

Damn man this is a great project!
So, now I can:
- Make Wireless card working using your kernel;
- Pre-install Unity 8 with Mir following ["]this guide[/URL].

Wow, but I hope Canonical release a ISO with Unity 8 and Mir implemented as default.

Hi
I patched the kernel and compiled it. The next week I'm going to try next patches like audio and bluetooh.
I'm making a Linux KDE based kubuntu distribution for my teclast. I will try steam and I think I will try steam controller.
 
 
29th April 2016, 08:06 PM |#32  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmelius

Hi
I patched the kernel and compiled it. The next week I'm going to try next patches like audio and bluetooh.
I'm making a Linux KDE based kubuntu distribution for my teclast. I will try steam and I think I will try steam controller.

Hi,
how could I implement this patched kernel?
1st May 2016, 12:34 PM |#33  
Maxximo88's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Guys, I have a big news.
I tested Android x86 (64 bit version that is compatible with EFI 32) on my Teclast x98 Air 3G.



Wifi card works well, and also screen rotation!
I've tested it in LIVE MODE, because I have no time to test it in persistent mode at the moment. @akmelius and @xjesus see this!
1st May 2016, 02:43 PM |#34  
Member
Flag Roquetas de Mar
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximo88

Hi,
how could I implement this patched kernel?

Hi Massimo, I thought I have replied to you here, you can just download @akmelius kernel from here:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...4nz2igijmnWTk7
And install the .debs
Then copy the RTL8723bs-master to some folder and type "sudo make install", "sudo depmod -a"
Then you need to type
"sudo /sbin/modprobe r8723bs"
And check if there is some message typing "dmesg" , you should see something like
[ 197.269272] Non-volatile memory driver v1.3
[ 2384.212036] RTL8723BS: module init start
[ 2384.212042] RTL8723BS: rtl8723bs v4.3.5.5_12290.20140916_BTCOEX20140507-4E40
[ 2384.212044] RTL8723BS: rtl8723bs BT-Coex version = BTCOEX20140507-4E40
[ 2384.212072] RTL8723BS: modu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xjesus Ad-Free
1st May 2016, 09:59 PM |#35  
speculatrix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 136
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys,
I saw xjesus post about akmelius.
I am trying to get either kernel 4.5 or 4.6 to work on the Tosh Click Mini, which is a similar device - Z3735F processor, R8723bs wifi/bluetooth combo.
Can you please explain a little more about how you fixed kernel 4.5 to work with the hadess wifi driver?

You could try a related tool for the bluetooth driver - just git clone this: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bs_bt
then build it, and run the start_bt.sh script. It doesn't work for me, sadly.

There's another somewhat similar device, the Lenovo Miix3. So
18th May 2016, 01:00 PM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello,
I try to make the wifi of a teclast X80 pro work, following xjesus procedures, but after I modprobe the driver, dmesg shows : "module verification failed : signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel"
"uname -r" shows the modified teclast kernel version...

Any idea what could have went wrong ?

Thanks !
18th May 2016, 01:24 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Flag Aguadulce
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
You aren't using the correct version module.
Hi,

You probably are installing the 4.5.1 wifi driver version and not the 4.5.4 that is the latest version.
You can download it on this link in the 4.5.4 directory.
If you are having problems with that file again I will compile it again.
In the link in the pCloudDrive where I put the new kernels that is using xJesus is the new tgz with the working file.

With 4.5.4 kernel I can run Linux in my x98 plus tablet my own (in early development version). And it starts with efi and no more strange problems in boot (I deleted my android by mistake so it still need more testing).
I tried steam and it's working 2D games are working good (besides there I can't rotate the screen).


Quote:
Originally Posted by stouti

Hello,
I try to make the wifi of a teclast X80 pro work, following xjesus procedures, but after I modprobe the driver, dmesg shows : "module verification failed : signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel"
"uname -r" shows the modified teclast kernel version...

Any idea what could have went wrong ?

Thanks !

18th May 2016, 02:28 PM |#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
hmm hmm, here is that I did,more detailed :
- 1st, tried the 4.5.1 modified kernel + the rtl drivers in the same folder => module verification failed
- then installed the 4.5.4 modified kernel + the rtl driver in the 4.5.4 folder => same error
(each time, I make sure of the running kernel version via uname -r)

Would it be possible that the 4.5.4 rtl driver doesn't replace the older one ?
19th May 2016, 02:56 PM |#39  
Junior Member
Flag Aguadulce
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
It's strange
I don't know
The only thing you have to do is
sudo make install and it will work.
Try sudo make uninstall before the new instalation and reboot before reinstalling.
Next saturday I'm compile a new version with patches to get battery usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stouti

hmm hmm, here is that I did,more detailed :
- 1st, tried the 4.5.1 modified kernel + the rtl drivers in the same folder => module verification failed
- then installed the 4.5.4 modified kernel + the rtl driver in the 4.5.4 folder => same error
(each time, I make sure of the running kernel version via uname -r)

Would it be possible that the 4.5.4 rtl driver doesn't replace the older one ?

19th May 2016, 09:11 PM |#40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmelius

I don't know
The only thing you have to do is
sudo make install and it will work.
Try sudo make uninstall before the new instalation and reboot before reinstalling.

Yep, I tried that without any success...

Weird stuff though, the bluetooth driver (rtl8723bs_bt) worked perfectly until now !!
The only things I could have done that could have messed with it is trying to uninstall (make uninstall) and then install the rtl8723bs drivers.
After a reboot after that, it doesn't want to work anymore : "Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: H5 sync timed out"
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmelius

Next saturday I'm compile a new version with patches to get battery usage.

Nice !
Where did you find the patch for it ?

Another interesting thing would be the brightness control I cannot get to work... (I just tried to modify the acpi backlight parameter in the grub command without any success...)

Thank you for your work !
19th May 2016, 10:09 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Flag Aguadulce
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stouti

Yep, I tried that without any success...

Weird stuff though, the bluetooth driver (rtl8723bs_bt) worked perfectly until now !!
The only things I could have done that could have messed with it is trying to uninstall (make uninstall) and then install the rtl8723bs drivers.
After a reboot after that, it doesn't want to work anymore : "Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: H5 sync timed out"
???



Nice !
Where did you find the patch for it ?

Another interesting thing would be the brightness control I cannot get to work... (I just tried to modify the acpi backlight parameter in the grub command without any success...)

Thank you for your work !

xJesus found it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
teclast x98, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes