FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to fix the inaccurate battery meter caused by Mirek Lollipop rom v6.0

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By PeterTech, Junior Member on 8th December 2015, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT: It has been reported that the following fix can cause the windows icon on boot menu to disappear if you have installed windows fresh from ISO, and maybe also in other circumstances, so try this fix at your own risk.
If the windows icon on boot menu disappear you can try run bcdboot c:\windows from your installation ISO at its command prompt (thanks to Al_Rider for the tip).
In worst case you have to reinstall windows.

I have an X98 Air 3g (C8J6) and after flashing Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 using Mirek’s FLASH_tool v2.5 I got the inaccurate battery meter where it goes normally from 100% to around 45%, and then rapidly goes from around 45% to around 7%, and at last stays around 2% for a really long time.

I have done a lot of trial and error testing and have now found the cause for the inaccurate battery meter, and how to fix it on my (C8J6) device.

THE CAUSE FOR THE INACCURATE BATTERY METER:
I have found out that the only way I can reproduce the inaccurate battery meter is when I come from Teclast stock rom and then flashes Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 using Mirek’s own FLASH_tool v2.5.

If I instead of using Mirek’s FLASH_tool v2.5 am using the Intel MFT tool to flash Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 over a Teclast stock rom, I don’t get the battery meter screwed up.

I have found two ways to fix the inaccurate battery meter, and that is either flashing Teclast stock rom for your device, or using my modified XML files and replace them in Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 before flashing:

HOW TO FIX BATTERY METER WITH TECLAST STOCK ROM:
If you can find a Teclast stock rom for your device you can use this method, and I don’t think it matters if its 4.4.4 or 5.0.
  1. Boot your tablet up in android
  2. Connect the charger
  3. Turn off your tablet by holding the power button for 10 seconds
  4. Leave the tablet to charge until you are sure it is charged 100%
  5. Disconnect the charger
  6. Boot the tablet up in DNX mode by pressing and holding the vol+, vol- and power button until small letters appear in the middle of the screen
  7. Flash Teclast stock rom using Intel MFT tool, see TecKnight’s tutorial on how to use Intel MFT tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6
  8. Boot the tablet up in android
  9. You are now finished and hopefully your battery meter is working normally again, and when you flash a new rom ONLY use Intel MFT tool to flash.

HOW TO FIX BATTERY METER WITH MODIFIED XML FILES IN MIREK’S LILLIPOP ROM v6.0:
If you want to go straight to Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0, or you want to dirty flash without losing your data you can use this method.
  2. Connect the charger
  6. Boot the tablet up in DNX mode by pressing and holding the vol+, vol- and power button until small letters appear in the middle of the screen
  7. Download and replace this two modified XML files in Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0
    flash-system_only_WIPE_DATA.xml
    flash-system_only_NO_WIPE_DATA.xml
  8. Flash Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 with one of the modified XML files using Intel MFT tool, see TecKnight’s tutorial on how to use Intel MFT tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6
  9. Boot the tablet up in android
  10. You are now finished and hopefully your battery meter is working normally again in your favorite Mirek rom, and the next time you flash a new rom ONLY use Intel MFT tool to flash.

The things I have changed in my modified XML files compared to Mirek’s XML files is that I have added erase commands for (factory and config), wipe commands for (esp and reserved), and I have added flash commands for (esp and recovery), these extra commands are similar to the commands found in Teclast’s stock roms.

This is what I have found out by trial and error on my (C8J6) device, you can try it on your own device at your own risk, and if it is successful don’t forget to come back and hit the thank button, and leave a reply here for others to know if it works on your device too.

EDIT: It has been reported that the following fix can cause the windows icon on boot menu to disappear if you have installed windows fresh from ISO, and maybe also in other circumstances, so try this fix at your own risk.
If the windows icon on boot menu disappear you can try run bcdboot c:\windows from your installation ISO at its command prompt (thanks to Al_Rider for the tip).
In worst case you have to reinstall windows.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PeterTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterTech Ad-Free

9th December 2015, 06:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have C5J6 a new one and flashed Mirek V6 this weekend. I do not see any issues with battery meter. It charges right up to 100%, and I have discharged as deep as 14%. Recharging goes pretty fast and accurate takes about 4 hours from 0-100%. This is not as bad as some people say. Battery use is reasonable if brightness is reduced.

I use system info and System Monitor Lite to check, this probably uses same data from Android system.
9th December 2015, 10:54 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCrapton

I have C5J6 a new one and flashed Mirek V6 this weekend. I do not see any issues with battery meter. It charges right up to 100%, and I have discharged as deep as 14%. Recharging goes pretty fast and accurate takes about 4 hours from 0-100%. This is not as bad as some people say. Battery use is reasonable if brightness is reduced.

I use system info and System Monitor Lite to check, this probably uses same data from Android system.

Mirek's Lillipop rom v6.0 is based on the Teclast stock rom for C5J6 device, so maybe the chance for the battery meter to get incorrect when flashing Mirek's Lillipop rom v6.0 on to a C5J6 device is smaller compared to flashing it on a older device like my C8J6 device.
9th December 2015, 12:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,518

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTech

I have an X98 Air 3g (C8J6) and after flashing Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 using Mirek’s FLASH_tool v2.5 I got the inaccurate battery meter where it goes normally from 100% to around 45%, and then rapidly goes from around 45% to around 7%, and at last stays around 2% for a really long time.

I have done a lot of trial and error testing and have now found the cause for the inaccurate battery meter, and how to fix it on my (C8J6) device.

THE CAUSE FOR THE INACCURATE BATTERY METER:
I have found out that the only way I can reproduce the inaccurate battery meter is when I come from Teclast stock rom and then flashes Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 using Mirek’s own FLASH_tool v2.5.

If I instead of using Mirek’s FLASH_tool v2.5 am using the Intel MFT tool to flash Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 over a Teclast stock rom, I don’t get the battery meter screwed up.

I have found two ways to fix the inaccurate battery meter, and that is either flashing Teclast stock rom for your device, or using my modified XML files and replace them in Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 before flashing:

HOW TO FIX BATTERY METER WITH TECLAST STOCK ROM:
If you can find a Teclast stock rom for your device you can use this method, and I don’t think it matters if its 4.4.4 or 5.0.

2. Connect the charger
  7. Flash Teclast stock rom using Intel MFT tool, see TecKnight’s tutorial on how to use Intel MFT tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6
  8. Boot the tablet up in android
  9. You are now finished and hopefully your battery meter is working normally again, and when you flash a new rom ONLY use Intel MFT tool to flash.

HOW TO FIX BATTERY METER WITH MODIFIED XML FILES IN MIREK’S LILLIPOP ROM v6.0:
If you want to go straight to Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0, or you want to dirty flash without losing your data you can use this method.
  2. Connect the charger
  7. Download and replace this two modified XML files in Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0
    flash-system_only_WIPE_DATA.xml
    flash-system_only_NO_WIPE_DATA.xml
  8. Flash Mirek’s Lollipop rom v6.0 with one of the modified XML files using Intel MFT tool, see TecKnight’s tutorial on how to use Intel MFT tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6
  9. Boot the tablet up in android
  10. You are now finished and hopefully your battery meter is working normally again in your favorite Mirek rom, and the next time you flash a new rom ONLY use Intel MFT tool to flash.

The things I have changed in my modified XML files compared to Mirek’s XML files is that I have added erase commands for (factory and config), wipe commands for (esp and reserved), and I have added flash commands for (esp and recovery), these extra commands are similar to the commands found in Teclast’s stock roms.

This is what I have found out by trial and error on my (C8J6) device, you can try it on your own device at your own risk, and if it is successful don’t forget to come back and hit the thank button, and leave a reply here for others to know if it works on your device too.

Thanks for your work - but if you flash again factory partition you will loose windows boot possibility ?
9th December 2015, 01:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek190

Thanks for your work - but if you flash again factory partition you will loose windows boot possibility ?

mirek190, maybe you can incorporate these changes/commands into your own flash tool too!
9th December 2015, 03:19 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Hi Mirek

I am not sure what information Teclast keeps in there factory partition (I don’t think it’s a normal android partition), but I can see that Teclast always erases this partition in all of their rom updates for android.

I have tested both XML files in the first post multiple times and I haven’t at any point lost the ability or function to boot in to windows.

It also doesn’t affect the ability to dirty flash android when this partition is erased, as far I can see in the tests I have done for that.
9th December 2015, 03:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,518

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi Mirek

I am not sure what information Teclast keeps in there factory partition (I don’t think it’s a normal android partition), but I can see that Teclast always erases this partition in all of their rom updates for android.

I have tested both XML files in the first post multiple times and I haven’t at any point lost the ability or function to boot in to windows.

It also doesn’t affect the ability to dirty flash android when this partition is erased, as far I can see in the tests I have done for that.

Ok then - don't you mind if I update my xml and flash tool with you suggestion ?
9th December 2015, 04:53 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Ok then - don't you mind if I update my xml and flash tool with you suggestion ?

Hi Mirek

Of cause you can use what I have found out, but maybe you should wait a little bit more until there is some more positive response in this thread if the fix works for some of the others who also has this inaccurate battery meter.

One thing that puzzles me is that I only can reproduce the inaccurate battery meter if I use your flash tool, and nothing goes wrong if I use Intel MFT tool, so there must be a difference of some kind in your flash tool compared to the Intel MFT tool way to flash.

When you think you are ready with an updated flash tool I will be glad to test it for you.

And finally to some of those who have this inaccurate battery meter, could you please try this fix to see if it also works for you to get Mireks Lollipop v6.0 up and running without the inaccurate battery meter, and post back with response.
9th December 2015, 07:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Whats show AIDA64 after your fix in battery? Allways only 4980mAh instead of 8000?
9th December 2015, 09:12 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasar

Whats show AIDA64 after your fix in battery? Allways only 4980mAh instead of 8000?

The battery capacity in AIDA64 is still showing 4980mAh, and my tablet C8J6 have always shown this capacity even from the beginning when it was stock from Teclast factory, and all the different roms and bios i have tested on my tablet have all shown this capacity, so it must be something Teclast have decided it should be that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterTech Ad-Free
10th December 2015, 07:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I had the problem with battery under latest mirek's ROM. Now I have stock Android 5 installed and fixed.
I will test your xml file today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)