FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can Teclast X98 Run Chrome OS

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By grygry777, Junior Member on 15th January 2019, 03:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can X98 run Chrome OS???

It seems the old dog needs a new trick and I am wondering anyone has any knowledge on how to flash a chrome OS onto an X98 pad

(not need to care the dual boot system anymore, but I don't want to brick the machine either...)

Thanks,
Tony

Update:

I do have a bootable usb and usb port hub for keyboard and mouse...

-Do enter the x98 pad Bios and change the boot sequence and it does not work.
-Do go to the win10 advance reboot and it does not work...

and then read other flash methods:
-Try using PhoneFlashTool but it do not recognize the ChromeOS zip image.

(should I flash the pad like flash a Linux system for the pad)

What can I do next...

Update #2

Using override boot in bios with a USB stick and it will install the whole thing at ease, however, there is no touchpad and sound...
However, when I install virtualbox in the ChromeOS and then reboot, the USB function is all gone!
Now I am stuck again...
(*use rufus can install any bootable OS on scandisk USB stick, highly recommended.)

22nd March 2019, 05:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi @grygry777, I'm also interested in installing chrome OS on my teclast, could you please share some insights from your experience?
Did you use chromefy (croissant)? what images? what is working / not working?
What's required for the flashing process? if you don't care to elaborate about this part a link would be great too.
What OS did you end up with?

Thanks
23rd March 2019, 04:33 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi @TrampGuy, I just using "[email protected]" one,

Use Rufus to install an image in a usb stick.

The flashing process is simple and forward in the bios setting, and the rest is pretty automatic... make sure you have a mini USB hub for mouse and keyboard all the time...

everything goes fine (and fun) but right after I install VM which recommended by them, the USB function is all gone...

(now the machine is a 'functional brick', since I have minimum knowledge in BIOS side, I don't know what to do now... The point is I cannot reflash the bios using those three files(IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0, iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0, PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32), it's just can't find my device and I don't know why, really stuck here now)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)