Teclast X80 Pro (E3E6) Dual OS (Win10/Android 5.0): Remove Windows

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By metalaxi, Member on 29th July 2016, 10:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys. Sorry to bother you in the X98 section, but since there's no section for the X80 yet and maybe the devices have some similarities, I hope it's ok.

The tablet worked fine, but to remove any possible bloatware under Windows or Android, I reset Windows. Somehow the device must have crashed (low battery?) and now I can't boot to Windows anymore (black screen and / or boot loop). Of course I made no backup / recovery disk. Android still works fine and I still get into BIOS / UEFI.

I tried reinstalling Windows via OTG with USB stick. I got to the point where I can choose a partition. Problem is, there are lots of partitions (Android, recovery, System and so on). I located the Windows partition, formatted / deleted it and tried to reinstall Windows on this partition. Just the exact way I would do it on a PC. Somehow it won't install on this partition. The error message says something about "the partitions are not in the recommended order. Further information for installation on GPT-volumes..." (I don't know the exact English phrasing because everything is in German). I chose "continue anyway". Then I get the message that "the EFI-system is not formatted in NTFS. Format the partition to FAT32 and start install procedure again". I press ok and get back to Windows Setup (Install now).
I also tried different repair and recovery options. One time I got error code 0xC0000034. Funny thing is, Windows still seems to be there because while trying to repair / recover I tried to load some drivers and could see the hard drives and folders under Windows.

I tried downloading the original roms here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qYEa8gc
You need a Baidu account for the larger files and after days and days I gave up to create such an account as it seems to work only with a mainland China number. There's an option for oversea mobiles but that's not working. I tried a QQ-account, but Baidu wants to link with it and you need that telephone number again. So apparently there's no way to get the original files that way.

I found some stuff here: http://www.needrom.com/download/tecl...-pro-dualboot/ but that's only a tutorial file in Chinese and some flash programms / drivers (also got them from Baidu - smaller files are possible to download without an account).

Long story short: I guess recovering Windows 10 is too much effort, so I want to make the tablet Android only and of course want to use the whole capacity for Android. I found a thread on reddit about removing Windows on the X98: https://www.reddit.com/r/teclast/com...ve_windows_10/
But I have no idea which partitions are definitely needed for Android and which ones I can safely delete. I found a partition map here: http://wheresmykeyboard.com/2015/08/...partition-map/ but that doesn't help me that much because they look different.

Attached you will find a photo of all the partitions on my device. I guess there are some which were created during the failed Windows installation because I had about 20 GB free space and now only 17.7 GB.

So is there anybody out there who knows if it's possible to remove Windows completely and which partitions I have to delete?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X80 Pro.jpg
Views:	3956
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	3827721  
31st August 2016, 04:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did you ever figure this out? I just bought an X80 Pro and was thinking of doing something similar since I plan on making it an android-only tablet.
12th November 2016, 07:16 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgazer

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought an X80 Pro and was thinking of doing something similar since I plan on making it an android-only tablet.

Hi. Sorry for the late replay. Yes, I figured it out and my X80 Pro is now running Android-only with 32 GB. In the end, it wasn't that hard but a long way to success.
17th November 2016, 08:31 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaxi

Hi. Sorry for the late replay. Yes, I figured it out and my X80 Pro is now running Android-only with 32 GB. In the end, it wasn't that hard but a long way to success.

Please do describe how you achieved Android-only with 32 GB memory

Cheers
1st December 2016, 07:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Yes please tell us how metalaxi , it'll be much appreciated.
1st December 2016, 08:59 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Ok, guys. Since some of you are asking how I did it, I'm going to try to explain it. It's kinda embarrassing that I don't remember the exact way but I hope it helps somehow. I used the tutorial from this site: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/x...os-only/#login
Even though it's supposed to be for the Plus model, it also worked on the Pro. Btw, the guy Alex in that thread is me .
You can download all the files from my Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...nh3VG9ySk5sOHM
You need
- Android5.1 Upgrade Tool.rar
- X80 Pro (E3E6)- Dual OS - Android5.1-V1.04 Firmware.rar
- gpt.rar (Credit goes to Allember @techtablets-forum; hope it's ok to spread the file)

First you have to install the flash tool. Unrar the firmware and replace the gpt.bin. Then flash the firmware by checking BLANK.
Problem is that when I did all that, my Windows was already crushed and wasn't working anymore. I can't remember anymore if I erased the Windows partitions or any others beforehand. If you're not interested in Windows anymore, just flash it without changing or erasing any of the partitions. I guess by replacing the gpt-file, you do all that automatically.
I hope this somehow helps you. Feel free to ask for more help.
Have a good night!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metalaxi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalaxi Ad-Free
17th December 2016, 07:23 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

Ok, guys. Since some of you are asking how I did it, I'm going to try to explain it. It's kinda embarrassing that I don't remember the exact way but I hope it helps somehow. I used the tutorial from this site: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/x...os-only/#login
Even though it's supposed to be for the Plus model, it also worked on the Pro. Btw, the guy Alex in that thread is me .
You can download all the files from my Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...nh3VG9ySk5sOHM
You need
- Android5.1 Upgrade Tool.rar
- X80 Pro (E3E6)- Dual OS - Android5.1-V1.04 Firmware.rar
- gpt.rar (Credit goes to Allember @techtablets-forum; hope it's ok to spread the file)

First you have to install the flash tool. Unrar the firmware and replace the gpt.bin. Then flash the firmware by checking BLANK.
Problem is that when I did all that, my Windows was already crushed and wasn't working anymore. I can't remember anymore if I erased the Windows partitions or any others beforehand. If you're not interested in Windows anymore, just flash it without changing or erasing any of the partitions. I guess by replacing the gpt-file, you do all that automatically.
I hope this somehow helps you. Feel free to ask for more help.
Have a good night!

Hi @metalaxi. Do you think its possible to like "reverse" and use the same files to remove Android instead and maintain the Windows 10? Appreciate to hear from you. Thanks!
4th January 2017, 10:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Do we have to change the gpt before doing what you said in your PDF? Or I have just to follow your PDF?
8th January 2017, 05:37 PM |#9  

More
Hi guys, got mine a few months and want to get rid of the Windows part, but the instructions are insufficient for a joker like me.....

1. Download the firmware, its 4 parts of rar being zipped together
2. flash the firmware HOW?!?!?! I have no Idea...... please give us some closer instructions.
18th February 2017, 12:02 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reycharlesconrad

Hi @metalaxi. Do you think its possible to like "reverse" and use the same files to remove Android instead and maintain the Windows 10? Appreciate to hear from you. Thanks!

Sorry, I can't answer that sufficent enough. As far as I know, you can just delete all partitions except the ones from Windows. Then format the unallocated space and merge it with the one from Windows. No guarantee!
18th February 2017, 12:05 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf

Hi guys, got mine a few months and want to get rid of the Windows part, but the instructions are insufficient for a joker like me.....

1. Download the firmware, its 4 parts of rar being zipped together
2. flash the firmware HOW?!?!?! I have no Idea...... please give us some closer instructions.

1. Which 4 parts do you mean?
2. To flash any firmware, you need to install all the upgrade tools:
IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0
iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0
PhoneFlashTool_5.3.4.0_internal_win32
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
teclast, x80

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)