Thanks Meter: 624

By rrvuhpg, Senior Member on 23rd August 2016, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2017, 11:28 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hi @kokomben I will not release a new boot for 146 firmware. You have to stay on 111 if you want root.
The Following User Says Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free

18th July 2017, 03:16 PM |#22  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 602

More
I wish you could keep releasing kernel for .160 and .182 because I see a lot of machines updated to .182.
Finally, I flashed back to .111 and installed everything and now it's rooted.
19th July 2017, 12:44 PM |#23  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Can be rooted with magisk?? Is there any tutorial for that?
19th July 2017, 02:52 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiK.

Can be rooted with magisk?? Is there any tutorial for that?

Hi, yes it can be rooted with Magisk. Install Magisk Manager app before flashing boot and recovery. Open it, download Magisk zip and copy it on your MicroSD card. Now follow the root guide and flash Magisk zip instead of SuperSu zip.

Edit: If you want to root Nougat, wait a little I will release root for Ultra soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 03:31 PM |#25  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrvuhpg

Hi, yes it can be rooted with Magisk. Install Magisk Manager app before flashing boot and recovery. Open it, download Magisk zip and copy it on your MicroSD card. Now follow the root guide and flash Magisk zip instead of SuperSu zip.

Edit: If you want to root Nougat, wait a little I will release root for Ultra soon.

I run nougat already so i will wait. A question now: if i root the phone will i be able to get OTA updates in the future?
19th July 2017, 04:01 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiK.

I run nougat already so i will wait. A question now: if i root the phone will i be able to get OTA updates in the future?

No you can't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 07:00 PM |#27  
Flag Monterey CA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thanks for all of this!
Quote:

No you can't.

I'm getting my phone today and I've been watching this thread for root with nougat, Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the effort you put into rooting this xperia!
The Following User Says Thank You to frizzdizzle27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frizzdizzle27 Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 08:11 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzdizzle27

I'm getting my phone today and I've been watching this thread for root with nougat, Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the effort you put into rooting this xperia!

You can find the root guide for XA Ultra on Nougat here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xa-...-noob-t3639729
You are lucky I added it today
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 08:21 PM |#29  
Flag Monterey CA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Sweeeeeet!
Cannot wait until I get off work and try this, thanks a million!

Quote:

You can find the root guide for XA Ultra on Nougat here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xa-...-noob-t3639729
You are lucky I added it today

22nd July 2017, 01:19 AM |#30  
Flag st paul
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Wooooooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzdizzle27

Cannot wait until I get off work and try this, thanks a million!

BRO BEEN WAITING FOR ROOT FOR NOUGAT FOR EVER!!! you are the bomb man! i hit the thanks button for you!
5th September 2017, 12:43 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Hi
What would happen if I flash a 7.0 Latin America generic ftf on a usa customized that is 6.0 ftf file.
Thanks

Sent from my F3213 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)