689 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By rrvuhpg, Senior Member on 23rd August 2016, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2017, 12:43 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 735

More
Hi
What would happen if I flash a 7.0 Latin America generic ftf on a usa customized that is 6.0 ftf file.
Thanks

Sent from my F3213 using xda premium

5th September 2017, 10:02 AM |#32  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlbenner

Hi
What would happen if I flash a 7.0 Latin America generic ftf on a usa customized that is 6.0 ftf file.
Thanks

Nothing bad, you will probably have some different bloatwares than the US firmware and a different icon 4G/LTE. I recommend to make a backup before and make a full wipe (data/cache) when flashing to avoid bootloop when changing customization. I flashed a lot of different customizations on my devices (XA and Ultra) without problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 04:05 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
Can I use flashtool to downgrade an XA Ultra 36.0.A.2.146 to firmware 36.0.A.1.111 downloaded through flashtool's ExperiFirm. Then this rootpack in conjunction with flashtool to unlock and root according to the guide?
Thanks
7th September 2017, 08:29 AM |#34  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.A.C.

Hello,
Can I use flashtool to downgrade an XA Ultra 36.0.A.2.146 to firmware 36.0.A.1.111 downloaded through flashtool's ExperiFirm. Then this rootpack in conjunction with flashtool to unlock and root according to the guide?
Thanks

Hi, yes you can. Be careful when you use Flashtool it can brick your phone, always download firmware from included Xperifirm, use FSC script when asked, exclude TA related partitions on the flash screen and use Flashtool v0.9.23.2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rrvuhpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rrvuhpg Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 01:55 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you.
16th April 2018, 12:16 AM |#36  
New to this phone, am I missing something?

If TWRP is on the phone, why isn't it as simple as flashing SuperSU or Magisk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)