FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY]+[KERNEL]+[root]Sony Xperia XA1 [G3221-G3116-G3125-G3121-G3412]

2,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,914

Post Reply Email Thread
I am sharing my Stock kernel/boot.img build from Sony open source + custom recovery TWRP. You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash my kernel and the recovery. The kernel/boot.img and the recovery must be flash with fastboot. Before that..You should know that..

Code:
###Disclaimer###
I am not responsible if your phone will be damaged, broken, boot looping. YOU are choosing to make these modification.
This kernel/boot.img should work with other ROMs too. I will probably build Stock based Odexed & Deodexed ROMs later.

Big thanks to @rrvuhpg for giving me knowledge and his great work for Sony XA and XA ultra. Thank you so much for your github and valuable + forgettable knowledge about recovery. Please thank and donate him for all his efforts.

Please respect and try to help each other. You may face sometimes that I cannot answer your questions/or answer your questions a bit later.
I am busy with my work and don't have enough time to read and answer all your questions at the same time.
---------------------------------
16/6/2017
Kernel features.
- No force-encrypt/ Remove forceencrypt
- init.d support
- insecure boot
- dm-verity removed
- other tweaks
- really good battery life
- clean and smooth
----------------------------------
Requirements
- An unlocked bootloader
- adb and fastboot drivers
You can download adb and fastboot package from here. https://developer.android.com/studio....html#download
- Sony driver

How to flash boot.img
- Reboot your device into bootloader
Code:
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Let the device boot completely

How to flash recovery.img
- Reboot the device into bootloader
Code:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Important
- Now unplug your device and hold Vol down + power buttons. You have to release both buttons after vibrate.
- Enjoy custom recovery
- Reboot your devices ( You can take a backup of your system image for future use )

How to achieve root
- Flash the boot.zip + recovery.img corresponding to your model
- Copy the SuperSu zip package inside your Sdcard
- Reboot into recovery (hold Vol down + power buttons. Release both buttons after first vibrate)
- Find the SuperSu zip and flash it.
- Enjoy
OR
- Flash the patched Magisk v12/13 from the following link

Download
XA1-Ultra/XA1-Ultra Dual SIM[G3221]
XA1-Ultra/XA1-Ultra Dual SIM[G3221]
ALSO WORKS FOR [G3223][G3212/G3226]

Download
XA1-Dual-sim[G3116]
XA1-Dual-sim[G3116]

Download
XA1-Single-sim[G3125]
XA1-Single-sim[G3125]
ALSO WORKS FOR [G3121]

Download
[XA1 PLUS G3412]

Download
SuperSU-download the lates release: OR
Magisk v12 for Sony devices:

Source/GitHub
-42.0.A.1.69

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT ME TO CONTINUE, THEN BUY ME A SHOT OF WHISKY

DONATE ME HERE

Special Thanks To:
If you can, donate and respect all the devs
@rrvuhpg for given me knowledge and his great work for Sony XA and XA ultra.
@Chainfire for his great work to achieve root supersu
@BSDgeek_Jake for adfree host file
Sony for kernel source
Thanks to XDA And everyone else who helped me.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to janjan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janjan Ad-Free

17th June 2017, 12:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Will this work with just the regular XA1? Since we only need the recovery to flash SuperSU
17th June 2017, 06:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdetiempo

Will this work with just the regular XA1? Since we only need the recovery to flash SuperSU

I need some one to test the bot.img for regular XA1. I can't test it since I don't have the device. It doesn't hurt as long you only boot no flash.

Fastboot boot boot.img

If it boots and everything is working then you can flash the boot.img and then the recovery.img to avoid the boot loops or reboot loops.

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

If it doesn't boot. I will compile a kernel for the regular XA1. I need to upload the source before uploading the kernel.

I am not sure it is gonna work due to ramdisk. But as I said it doesn't hurt by only boot from it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janjan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janjan Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 06:25 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan

I need some one to test the bot.img for regular XA1. I can't test it since I don't have the device. It doesn't hurt as long you only boot no flash.

Fastboot boot boot.img

If it boots and everything is working then you can flash the boot.img and then the recovery.img to avoid the boot loops or reboot loops.

If it doesn't boot. I will compile a kernel for the regular XA1. I need to upload the source before uploading the kernel.

i will await your kernel for the regular XA1. i'm yet to find a way to backup the TA partition
17th June 2017, 09:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
WOW MAN it's fantastic.
Thank you for everything you've done for us!
17th June 2017, 08:50 PM |#6  
Quote:

Fastboot boot boot.img

I am not sure it is gonna work due to ramdisk. But as I said it doesn't hurt by only boot from it.

Thank you for working on this. I have an XA1 and I'm desperate to mod it.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to try it myself yet. I've changed my job and I've lost access to my old work PC. That had all the right drivers on it.
I might be able to install them on the new work computer but I need to check how easily the IT department will spot it first!

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs
17th June 2017, 10:14 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
I am not sure the kernel/boot.img and recovery.img gonna work for XA1, But try it. Since they are very similar to each other. Download the latest Supersu and flash it to achieve root. Don't forget my beer, thanks. ENJOY
17th June 2017, 10:16 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
Please try it out and report me back. Thank
17th June 2017, 10:59 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Please try it out and report me back. Thank

how does one backup the DRM keys? i'd be a tester if i could back them up
18th June 2017, 12:43 AM |#10  

More
i tried with bootloader locked (fastboot boot boot.img), and got this. not sure if it's due my bootloader being locked or what

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot boot.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.553s]
booting...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 5.660s
18th June 2017, 01:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.. and will be the version for XA1 Ultra Dual (G3212)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)