FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][H3223 or H3213][discovery][Pie][9.0] AOSP [50.2+ firmware]

1,882 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,980

Post Reply Email Thread

To God be the glory, a working AOSP ROM for those on the 50.2 firmware, Pie flavored! I will mention though, this is a beta version, there may still be a few bugs here and there, please read this entire post before using!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****
WARNING: This was designed and tested on phones that are using the 50.2 firmware base! E.g., phones that updated to stock Pie. Also, this build SHOULD work on both the H3213 and H3223, but I could only test on a H3223.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Source Project and Sony Xperia Open Devices Project!

All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOSP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial AOSP ROM was built for the H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how well it worked.

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
WARNING: This is designed for those who are on firmware versions 50.2.xxxx and up. It *MAY* work on 50.1 firmware, please let me know if you try it.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/el24...38y/50.2_based
IF there is an ENG build, it is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. It's your phone, you can install anything you want, but I do not recommend installing the ENG build. Use the "USER" or "USERDEBUG" builds.

Gapps link:
http://opengapps.org/
If desired. Personally, I've gone Gapp-less.

Installation instructions: (DIFFERENT THAN NORMAL! DONE THROUGH FASTBOOT!)

- Download the zip file for AOSP 9.
- Unzip the zip file, and you will find 5 images.
- If using Windows, put these in your folder you use for fastboot, if using Linux, you can do this from any folder.
- Reboot the phone into bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Flash them to your phone, like so (example for Linux)
Code:
$ fastboot flash boot ./boot.img 
$ fastboot flash oem ./oem.img 
$ fastboot flash system ./system.img 
$ fastboot flash userdata ./userdata.img
$ fastboot flash vendor ./vendor.img 
$ fastboot reboot
Your phone will now boot into AOSP Pie!

If you want Google Apps, Magisk, or other add ons:
-Download Gapps, and put them on your removable sdcard storage. (Or leave on your computer and flash with adb sideload.)
-Reboot into the bootloader.
-Fastboot boot your TWRP.
-Install Gapps.
If you plan to install magisk, then let the rom boot once with Gapps, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. I recommend making a backup of at least the boot partition first. Magisk is optional, of course. And you do so at your own risk!

What works:
Code:
So far these things that I have tried work, such as
- Display/touch
- Camera (front and back) for pictures and video!
- Phone calls
- Data 3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- Sound in system, in calls, over bluetooth devices
- MicroSD card (external SD card).
- GPS
- Fingerprint sensor
- Camera Button launches camera and takes photos
etc....
What doesn't:
Code:
- MTP and PTP connections to a PC sometimes cause the phone to crash
- FM Radio does not work
- The built in Gallery cannot play back recorded videos from camera. VLC or other apps work fine though.
- Nothing else that I know of, but let me know if you find something!
Source Code: https://source.android.com/
Device, kernel, and vendor trees: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev
My GitLab: https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.194
Based On: Android Open Source Project

Created 2019-10-03
Last Updated 2019-10-04
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 05:08 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Changelog:
- Rebuilt kernel
- Fixed camera turning green or crashing
- Fixed general stability.

- First build, a bit unstable.
- Camera turns green.
- PTP, MTP cause crashes.
- FM Radio does not work.

Notes:
This ROM is very, very, vanilla. It is straight up AOSP. No frills, no mods, no extras. Just pure source.
I personally don't use Gapps anymore, nor do I test with them, so I can't vouch for how it works with Gapps. It should work fine, but I don't test it.
I also don't use social media except XDA, so I don't know how well every app works. But if you have issues and have logs, perhaps I can look at them and see what is wrong.

Issues/workarounds:
- Video playback from camera. Any camera videos you record work fine, but the built in player can't play them. I downloaded and used VLC app to play them and they work just fine. You can get VLC or other apps from the play store, or here: https://www.f-droid.org/en/packages/org.videolan.vlc/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b.png
Views:	88
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	4835367   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.png
Views:	86
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	4835371   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.png
Views:	86
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	4835373  
The Following User Says Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 09:14 PM |#3  
The only thing i didnt like about aosp is that you cant add features like gravitybox does. And Unfortunatly I need snapchat cause my woman uses it. lol Breaks the safety Net
The Following User Says Thank You to lonewolfbtown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lonewolfbtown Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 04:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Couldn't flash gapps? I'll boot into twrp and flash gapps after booting into aosp and nothing? What am I doing wrong... The is will boot and no gapps appear?
The Following User Says Thank You to Yodasgodfather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yodasgodfather Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 01:38 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodasgodfather

Couldn't flash gapps? I'll boot into twrp and flash gapps after booting into aosp and nothing? What am I doing wrong... The is will boot and no gapps appear?

Good question, I'm not sure, I don't use gapps, but I could try flashing it to see tomorrow. Which gapps did you flash? Opengapps, 64 bit arm, for pie?
10th October 2019, 02:57 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskalinuxuser

good question, i'm not sure, i don't use gapps, but i could try flashing it to see tomorrow. Which gapps did you flash? Opengapps, 64 bit arm, for pie?

64 bit nano for pie
The Following User Says Thank You to Yodasgodfather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yodasgodfather Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 03:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodasgodfather

64 bit nano for pie

I installed AOSP, let it boot, downloaded 64 bit nano opengapps, fastbooted into TWRP, flashed the gapps via adb sideload, and rebooted. It didn't crash or hang up on me. However, I've noticed that it doesn't install the playstore app. I'm very confused. I tried this several times with pico, nano, micro, and mindthegapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 03:30 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLinuxUser

I installed AOSP, let it boot, downloaded 64 bit nano opengapps, fastbooted into TWRP, flashed the gapps via adb sideload, and rebooted. It didn't crash or hang up on me. However, I've noticed that it doesn't install the playstore app. I'm very confused. I tried this several times with pico, nano, micro, and mindthegapps.

Thank you for looking into it๐Ÿ‘ but yeah same I'm very confused as well but I believe I have found something that I'm not at all familiar with. I found this link that has someone that has a similar issue with the responder saying they can use "adb pull" command to flash Google factory images so it might be worth looking into๐Ÿค”

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-on-aosp-build
11th October 2019, 04:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Whoo-hoo! Praise God! Good traction on Android 10! After some tinkering with XOSD source, I've got a booting version of Android 10 with the new 4.14 kernel! Certainly not a daily driver by any means yet, but I'll keep tinkering. I'll add a few teaser shots as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a10.png
Views:	50
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	4841199   Click image for larger version

Name:	b10.png
Views:	48
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	4841201   Click image for larger version

Name:	c10.png
Views:	48
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	4841203  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 05:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

Whoo-hoo! Praise God! Good traction on Android 10! After some tinkering with XOSD source, I've got a booting version of Android 10 with the new 4.14 kernel! Certainly not a daily driver by any means yet, but I'll keep tinkering. I'll add a few teaser shots as well.

Awesome look at you go! ๐Ÿค˜
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to appleknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift appleknight Ad-Free
Yesterday, 06:46 AM |#11  
Quote:

Hell yeah man. Thank God we still got one developer on the xa2 ultra threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonewolfbtown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lonewolfbtown Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, discovery, h3223, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)