[ROM][CancroCM][5.0.2][MI3W][15/02/2015] CyanogenMod 12 | cancro

Search This thread

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CancroCM, please visit our CancroCM Github Account. You can create pull request over there if you have any patch or fix.

As you all know CM12 is still in works you will find a lot of CM features missing because they are not merged into CM yet. This build will be updated now and then which will include all updates happening in CM.

What's Working:
  • Everything, except things listed at not working

What's Not Working:
  • Call Bug (touch active in calls)
  • Random reboots
It is possible one or other feature which is not listed in not working is not functional or completely broken. Report it in bug report and not to send any PM regarding the bugs, We'll simply ignore it.

Changelog:

Current Changelog :- 15/01/2015
CM Upstream changes
OTG works well
Soft vibration
Stability improvements

Older Changelogs
05/01/2015
  • NFC Fixed
  • CM upstream updates
04/01/2015
  • Bluetooth Fixed
  • Strict Mode Fixed(No more red borders around the screen)
  • Random WiFi Mac Address Fixed
  • Small performance updates
  • CM upstream updates
  • Camera fixed.
  • Native camera takes pictures perfectly. To video, like ivan´s lollipop rom you have to use a third party app like next camera .
  • Automatic brightness work, but with slow reaction.
  • Updated source and slight improvements in performance.
29/12/2014
  • Initial build.

WIP Changes:

Downloads:

Current build:- 15/02/2015
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934529188

-Older Builds:-

Google Apps

1. This is development thread so here we need only development related replies, don't spam the board with offtopic, use Q/A thread for general queries.
  2. Don't ask about when you're fixing this and that! We're working on it and We do have our own life too.
  3. Don't ask for ETA, we'll post it whenever it is necessary!
  4. Use bug report section here for reporting them, and make sure you're providing proper steps to reproduce the bug and provide logcat if possible.
  5. Stay on topic!
  6. Post your Q/A here. Keep only development related posts on the thread. Use Q/A for other queries

Peace!:fingers-crossed:

Keep dev thread clean. Use this Q/A thread for general queries

Credits:
CyanogenMod Team, @varun.chitre15 , @david_korku, @jackeagle , @qiwu , @kD , @audahadi , @k2wl , @linuxxxx , and all community.
Special thanks to @Anurag Sengupta for testing all the builds and reporting us and AndroidFileHost for providing VPS to build on.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12 for Xiaomi Mi3, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
kD, david_korku, Bitti09, jackeagle,audahadi
Source Code: http://github.com/CancroCM/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery, Rooted
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2
Beta Release Date: 2015-01-17

Created 2014-12-30
Last Updated 2015-02-15

Attachments

• QnuFGSM.png
    QnuFGSM.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 24,314
  • TDNcoG9.png
    TDNcoG9.png
    164 KB · Views: 23,455
  • WVkWvTQ.png
    WVkWvTQ.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 22,636
  • WGQqN8I.png
    WGQqN8I.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 21,796
  • 19h0Ow5.png
    19h0Ow5.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 21,862
  • XdO6Dud.jpg
    XdO6Dud.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 21,559

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
Is the ROM going to deep sleep? Reboots? Nothing mentioned in op?

Since this is just the 291214 v2 from the other thread, i suppose an updated bug list would be:
-Overheating (confirmed by users)
-mm-qcamera-daemon and Miscellaneous battery drain (not yet confirmed in latest build)
-some users faced reboots, but VERY rarely
-goes into deep sleep, but for some users (i can confirm personally) Clean flash recommended.
-extremely long boot times

Last edited:
Reactions: akshayAXE

i snort flour

Jan 17, 2013
Since this is just the 291214 v2 from the other thread, i suppose an updated bug list would be:
-Overheating (confirmed by users)
-mm-qcamera-daemon and Miscellaneous battery drain (not yet confirmed in latest build)
-some users faced reboots, but VERY rarely
-goes into deep sleep, but for some users (i can confirm personally) Clean flash recommended.
Only the Google drive link is v2 if you look below that you will see older builds both from mega 28 & 29v1 if I'm correct at least that's how it was on the other thread and looks like it's set up the same here

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 3W

kD

Jan 20, 2012
San Diego, CA
Off topic, but shouldn't you remove the links?
Or are links allowed now that Xiaomi had confirmed a Q1 release for kernel sources?
PS. They announced that Redmi 1S sources are gonna be out tomorrow.
Later on it was decided threads will open again.
Is the ROM going to deep sleep? Reboots? Nothing mentioned in op?
Deep sleep works as few users reported
Only the Google drive link is v2 if you look below that you will see older builds both from mega 28 & 29v1 if I'm correct at least that's how it was on the other thread and looks like it's set up the same here

Yep it's same setup here but this is devdb project and further it will be updated here.

Armin_van_buuren

Mar 7, 2011
Sabadell (Barcelona)
There is something I do not understand.

The rom me now is perfect, no trace of mm-qcamera-daemon and that I'm using FV-5 camera.

Temperature is cold bug and according GSAM or out on the graph.

Wear v1 build in the system 2 and the build yesterday in the system 1.

Edit:

bb097c68885e62051199f780750d274c.jpg
78f5fbbb309f5bf2388381d2ece6ea7b.jpg
d92ef9767b85fb02f77bb70b2baf5c6e.jpg

Last edited:

i snort flour

Jan 17, 2013
Armin is kind of onto something I started thinking what if this phone wasn't really meant for dual boot and just ran 2 systems simultaneously so I flashed the same rom 29 v1 to system 2 and rebooted and while leaving it active on system 1 and tried making my phone random reboot in deep sleep unfortunately I was able to create a random reboot rather easily so I figured what the hell I then rebooted into recover went to the advanced menu and switched the active system to system 2 and rebooted my phone into system 2 all my programs were left there they were just missing off of my home screen so I put my phone into deep sleep tried to recreate a random reboot checked cpu spy to make sure it went into deep sleep after unsuccessful random reboot attempt I tried to make it do it again and again with no luck until the 6th time so it is still possible to make it do so but rather than being able to easily make it random reboot just about every time I tried now I've only been able to make it do it once out of 10 tries which means it's incredibly hard to accomplish a random reboot now the only test is to see if it will random reboot not trying to make it do so granted it rarely did it still happened about once every 12 to 24 hours and if it doesn't we might have just solved the random reboot issue for good. Or or just follow me on this one being it is a Chinese phone maybe system 2 is really system 1 and whomever made the cwm has them switched around.

Last edited:

Riichard63

Jan 23, 2013
I wish you good luck to you and all contributors. I really hope you're goind to do something perfect ;)
I really hope to see this rom beeing accepted as official by cyanogenmod team in the future. (as the m1cha rom for Mi2 and Mi2s)

ratvim

Jun 9, 2013
Mumbai
while installing i get error that unmount /vendor/firmware directory not found...
and 169mb of pa gapps is not able to install due to insufficient memory space...pls anyone confirm...

koolviks

Mar 11, 2011
Pune
I was following the other post but its closed on OP's request. Relaxed when found this post:D

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

i snort flour

Jan 17, 2013
while installing i get error that unmount /vendor/firmware directory not found...
and 169mb of pa gapps is not able to install due to insufficient memory space...pls anyone confirm...

That error is normal i get it every time i install a rom and try these gapps they should work for you. They can be found at androidfilehost or just Google search gapps-lp-20141218-minimal-edition-gps438-480dpi_signed.zip

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I get a large number of audio errors in logcat I can't help but think this is causing a lot of run time problems

Reactions: ratvim

Jhayzt

Nov 1, 2011
Urdaneta
I can't believe it. CM12 for our Mi3! GREAT WORK DEVS! SO MUCH WOW RESPECT HERE GUYS! :D

Here's my initial reaction(s):

The heating issue: nope. none here. Its pretty much normal for me.
The reboot issue where it takes a hefty 5 mins? Nope. none for me. It only takes a minute for me to boot.
Reboots? None so far and hopefully never.
The darn ROM is smoother than Ivan's.

So far I haven't found any bugs yet. I'll continue to observe and see if I bump into something weird. xD
Again, KEEP EM UP DEVS! :D

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
I can't believe it. CM12 for our Mi3! GREAT WORK DEVS! SO MUCH WOW RESPECT HERE GUYS! :D

Here's my initial reaction(s):

The heating issue: nope. none here. Its pretty much normal for me.
The reboot issue where it takes a hefty 5 mins? Nope. none for me. It only takes a minute for me to boot.
Reboots? None so far and hopefully never.
The darn ROM is smoother than Ivan's.

So far I haven't found any bugs yet. I'll continue to observe and see if I bump into something weird. xD
Again, KEEP EM UP DEVS! :D

No battery drain cuz of mm-qcamera-daemon or Miscellaneous?
Which device and which build are you using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CancroCM, please visit our CancroCM Github Account. You can create pull request over there if you have any patch or fix.

As you all know CM12 is still in works you will find a lot of CM features missing because they are not merged into CM yet. This build will be updated now and then which will include all updates happening in CM.

What's Working:
    • Everything, except things listed at not working

What's Not Working:
    • Call Bug (touch active in calls)
    • Random reboots
    It is possible one or other feature which is not listed in not working is not functional or completely broken. Report it in bug report and not to send any PM regarding the bugs, We'll simply ignore it.

Changelog:

Current Changelog :- 15/01/2015
    CM Upstream changes
    OTG works well
    Soft vibration
    Stability improvements

Older Changelogs
    05/01/2015
    • NFC Fixed
    • CM upstream updates
    04/01/2015
    • Bluetooth Fixed
    • CM upstream updates
    • Camera fixed.
    • Native camera takes pictures perfectly. To video, like ivan´s lollipop rom you have to use a third party app like next camera .
    • Automatic brightness work, but with slow reaction.
    • Updated source and slight improvements in performance.
    29/12/2014
    • Initial build.

WIP Changes:

Downloads:

Current build:- 15/02/2015
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934529188

-Older Builds:-

Google Apps

1. This is development thread so here we need only development related replies, don't spam the board with offtopic, use Q/A thread for general queries.
    2. Don't ask about when you're fixing this and that! We're working on it and We do have our own life too.
    3. Don't ask for ETA, we'll post it whenever it is necessary!
    4. Use bug report section here for reporting them, and make sure you're providing proper steps to reproduce the bug and provide logcat if possible.
    5. Stay on topic!
    6. Post your Q/A here. Keep only development related posts on the thread. Use Q/A for other queries

Peace!:fingers-crossed:

Keep dev thread clean. Use this Q/A thread for general queries

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Team, @varun.chitre15 , @david_korku, @jackeagle , @qiwu , @kD , @audahadi , @k2wl , @linuxxxx , and all community.
    Special thanks to @Anurag Sengupta for testing all the builds and reporting us and AndroidFileHost for providing VPS to build on.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12 for Xiaomi Mi3, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
    kD, david_korku, Bitti09, jackeagle,audahadi
    Source Code: http://github.com/CancroCM/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery, Rooted
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-17

Created 2014-12-30
    Last Updated 2015-02-15
    New build is coming in upcoming hours.
    Changelog is like
    NFC is now fixed
    more info later.

BETA1:-

Current Changelog :- 04/01/2015
    • Bluetooth Fixed
    • CM upstream updates

Peace!
    Screenshots

Screenshots:

J1bVI3b.png

QnuFGSM.png

TDNcoG9.png

q3ENiJh.png

WVkWvTQ.png

WGQqN8I.png

19h0Ow5.png

too8de7.png

XdO6Dud.jpg

orNrOOl.jpg

O2xIjzr.png

2EDcljN.png

rhP7dUZ.png

HVOzgI0.png

yAabVBc.png

VrRFE4k.png

Hi Everyone,
    A Q&A thread was recently created for this ROM and I moved all the Q&A that occurred after its creation to that thread. The developer has asked you many times to use that thread for Q&A so please use it starting now!

Also @The Dork Knight Rises was also kind enough to open a general discussion thread for this ROM here, please use it for any General comments you may have, including saying Thanks or other expressions of enthusiasm.

xda typically allows the Developer to decide what types of comments are welcome in a development thread and it ranges widely from pretty much any kind of Off Topic to absolutely NO OT ALLOWED. Please do your best to keep @kD happy and respect his wishes to keep this thread focused only on real development issues.

Everyone can help by not jumping on people who post Questions or other unwelcome things into this thread. Simply refer the user to this post, the other threads where his post should have gone, or report the post and one of the moderators will move it.

Many developers chose to receive a PM every time a post is made into one of their threads, so please be aware that your post may distract the developer from his work...ask yourself if your post is really worth the developer's time and energy before posting it.

Thanks!