FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Plasma Mobile or Ubuntu touch?

Plasma Mobile

2 Vote(s)
33.33%
Ubuntu Touch

4 Vote(s)
66.67%

[ROM][WIP]Plasma Mobile for Xiaomi Mi3[cancro]

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By Mattia990, Member on 27th February 2018, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, i've successfully built plasma mobile for Xiaomi MI3.
  • First, you need to download my images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Obro1OVb4XRCS8 plasma caf rootfs: http://images.plasma-mobile.org/caf-rootfs/ and some scripts: https://github.com/JBBgameich/halium-install
  • Reboot your device to recovery and run this command: ./halium-install <pm rootfs path> <system.img path> pm
  • When finished flash boot.img, reboot the phone and take it connected to the pc
  • Every boot took ~5 minutes so wait and run this command in background while : ; do lsusb -v 2>/dev/null | grep -Ee 'iSerial +[0-9]+ +[^ ]' ; done (This command is in loop) when you'll see "Gnu/Linux" your phone is booted.
  • Once booted we need to connect to it with ssh, so run this command Connect.py -p ssh -u phablet
  • When we are connected we need to disable rsyslog and remove all logs (it fills up all the memory) so run these 3 commands: systemctl disable rsyslog | rm /var/log/syslog | rm /var/log/Kern.log
  • Now we need to connect to internet enable wifi echo sta > /sys/module/wlan/parameters/fwpath and connect to the network nmtui
  • Ok now we must create udev rules or plasma GUI doesn't work so change directory cd /etc/udev/rules.d/ and wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ha...0-cancro.rules
  • We have to resolve apt problems so edit this file /etc/passwd and replace this _apt: x :114:65534::/nonexistent:/bin/false with this _apt: x :0:65534::/nonexistent:/bin/false
  • When you have modified it, run apt update and reboot it systemctl reboot
  • Tadaaa you have got plasma on Mi3!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180626_135409.jpg
Views:	2360
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	4535834

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180626_135436.jpg
Views:	2230
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	4535835

P.s Sorry for my bad English, this is my first porting and camera doesn't work yet... Don't do apt upgrade or you will break the installation!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mattia990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mattia990 Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 08:19 PM |#2  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 1,937

More
Please screenshots...
Quote:

it have some big problem with camera and audio... Don't do apt upgrade or you will break the installation!

@Mattia990 Okay. I understood. Porting was successful. But there is no audio and the camera does not work. Unfortunately, audio is very important for telephoning ... Good work! I wish you a successful sequel!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulianJenner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JulianJenner Ad-Free
6th March 2018, 09:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Good, but very deep linux...
...I think not adjustable for an average user.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ju Li Ahn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ju Li Ahn Ad-Free
29th June 2018, 12:11 PM |#6  
OP Member
Italy

More
Images updated!
Fixed audio, now works very well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattia990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mattia990 Ad-Free
3rd July 2018, 04:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
any instructions for multirom??
The Following User Says Thank You to G-Ox7cd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G-Ox7cd Ad-Free
16th July 2018, 08:58 PM |#8  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 1,937

More
@Mattia990
Dear Developer genius!
Please give us a video tutorial (if possible)
We are very curious
But we're stupid for deep linux
Certainly I can not solve it on my own
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulianJenner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JulianJenner Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 03:49 PM |#9  
Flag Kochi
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Great work and many many thanks for the hard work. It should be easy for common man to install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to adityadeva For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adityadeva Ad-Free
6th August 2018, 03:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Woow interesting port, you'll continue maintaining this port? if you need help I'm not a developer of android but I use gentoo linux and I know about build a system xD
The Following User Says Thank You to groche97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift groche97 Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 12:24 AM |#11  
OP Member
Italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianJenner

@Mattia990
Dear Developer genius!
Please give us a video tutorial (if possible)
We are very curious
But we're stupid for deep linux
Certainly I can not solve it on my own

Now i can't make a video but in the future i think yes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattia990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mattia990 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi3, plasma, plasma mi3, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)