[GUIDE][5.0]How to enable on-screen nav bar and disable hardware capacitive buttons.

Search This thread

amducias

Feb 15, 2011
Sofia
Try moving your nav bar to an other edge of screen through screen rotation and see if it works. If it does then you need a new hardware and if it doesn't than I'm afraid it's incompatible with miui!!

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip. I tried it on the messenger bar and the buttons re-position on the side. I have already ordered replacement LCD and currently waiting for it, however, I am looking for a way around it until the part arrives.

pabloffi

Apr 4, 2015
Works fine, but...

Hi, i have Xiaomi mi2s.
Lollipop 5.1 Ivan´s

Work fine, but the back button have huge size.

How i fixed this ?

thnks

Attachments

• photo_2015-04-03_15-39-02.jpg
    photo_2015-04-03_15-39-02.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 408

haysthecoder

Oct 1, 2015
Thx but...

It works really well on most of my apps. But while watching full screen videos in the Youtube App, when I pressed the off screen buttons which I should have disabled, it will the on screen button pops out. This does the same effect of touching the screen on the video. How to fix that ?

Mayankjn

Sep 19, 2015
can u please help me to get windows phone like navigation bar on android..................
And i m also not getting correct position of L-Nav bar...I mean it is not centered properly.. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION
    This guide is for Ivan's 5.0 Lollipop AOSP ROM but will work with other ROMs as well.

FEATURES
    • Pure AOSP feel.
    • Many people prefer it, including me.
    • Workaround for 'hardware key wakeup' bug.
    • Can use Lollipop features like Screen Pinning easily.
    • Looks cool:D

PREREQUISITES
    • Ivan's Lollipop AOSP ROM.(May work on others too)
    • MI3.(Again may work on others too:p)
    • Root.
    • ES File Explorer.(or any file manager with root access)

INSTRUCTIONS
    • Enabling on-screen nav bar.
      1. Open ES File Explorer and grant su access.
      2. Go to system and open build.prop with ES Note Editor and add this line in the end:
        Code:
        qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
      3. Save build.prop and reboot.
      4. Check if soft keys are enabled.
      5. If enabled successfully, proceed to next section.
    • Disabling hardware capacitive keys.
      1. Go to system/usr/keylayout and open 'atmel-maxtouch.kl' with ES Note Editor.
      2. In the end of that file there will be following three lines:
        Code:
        key 139    MENU    VIRTUAL
        key 102    HOME    VIRTUAL
        key 158    BACK    VIRTUAL
      3. Add a '#' before each line so it would look like this:
        Code:
        #key 139    MENU    VIRTUAL
        #key 102    HOME    VIRTUAL
        #key 158    BACK    VIRTUAL
      4. Save the file and exit.
    • Disabling capacitive key lights.
      1. Download Capacitive Buttons app from Play Store.
      2. Open it and grant su access.
      3. Select the first option i.e no brightness.
      4. Reboot

DONE:cowboy:
    Thx for this mate.

I am unable to boot the system after enabling on-screen nav bar by editing build.prop...... Shows starting MI logo and then a blues flash and again restart. It goes into this loop.
    As soon as I remove that "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" from it, system is botting :(
    Can you tell me in detail what exactly you did and which file manager you used?
    Hi,

I used ES File Explorer first to edit on phone and then rebooted. Phone didn't start so then I went into CWM recocry, pulled file by adb on my desktop, removed the line which I had inserted and then pushed file back to system. Gave 644 permission and rebooted. Device worked this time.

Lemme know if there is any other way. One thing I cld try is edit the file on desk and push through ADB. Earlier I had inserted required line with ES Explorer and editor.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
    Mandar

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Premium HD app
    Yea do try that and report, I think the ES method is messing with the build.prop permissions somehow!
    Same here, I too used ES without any issue, but I have faced certain problems with ES regarding saving system level files i edited and problems with proper permissions in the past.