Fix for FM Radio (For both AOSP and CM based ROMs)

Search This thread

rajib4

Jan 24, 2011
Kolkata
Hi All, I could able to fix the FM Radio on XenonHD current version (0706 build). After the compass fix (thanks to @vasishath) I was looking for a fix for the FM radio. As I didn't get any solution, thought of giving it a try myself.

I have tested it on my Mi3, it is working fine. Need confirmation from Mi4 users whether it is working or not.
Do not forget to change the Region from FM setting for your country.

Will it work on any other ROM where FM is not working or not there at all? Check the EDIT section.

Enjoy & Thanks!

EDIT 1: The fix is working on both AOSP and CM based ROMs where FM is inbuilt, hence changing the name of the thread and also the file name. :)
Thanks @pkatsaras (on Mi4 Banks CM build) for the confirmation.

EDIT 2: The fix is working on ROMs where FM is not present by default. You just need to create the required directory structure first before flashing it. Here is the link which has the detailed instructions.
Thanks @heerarana (on RR 07/24 build) for the confirmation.

Attachments

• FM_Fix.zip
    673.9 KB · Views: 11,249
Last edited:

wiryawang

Apr 22, 2013
I'm on Candy5 with FM inbuilt, try this fix but seem not working, keep getting FM is not on, do I have to uninstall the inbuilt FM Radio before flash this fix. I can see the file folder structure are the same as you mention at first post

rajib4

Jan 24, 2011
Kolkata
I'm on Candy5 with FM inbuilt, try this fix but seem not working, keep getting FM is not on, do I have to uninstall the inbuilt FM Radio before flash this fix. I can see the file folder structure are the same as you mention at first post

Thanks for the feedback. No, uninstall is not needed as the fix takes care of that. I will look into it for sure but need some time.

Cheers :cool:

rajib4

Jan 24, 2011
Kolkata
tried North America, USA, Japan, HongKong, Singapore
nothing connects, it says FM Radio is turned off

Thanks for the feedback bro. Strangely the same fix used to work on CM Cancro earlier builds (some other members confirmed that). Not sure if there is any update to the device tree which might be causing this. Will look into it but it may take some time.

Reactions: 24likan

rajib4

Jan 24, 2011
Kolkata
The recent change in device tree is causing the fix to fail in some ROMs. Unfortunately couldn't find till now what change has broken it. It is still working in ROMs where changes are not done device tree recently.

UPDATE: Today I flashed TipsyOS and found there is no FM in there. So used my fix to install the FM and it is working very well.

kruga

Dec 4, 2013
Try AICP v10 Nightly (9th August build). Very stable and feature rich. I am on it. Very good experience. But don't update to 11/13 Aug build as it has SOD.

I believe AICP has inbuilt and forced - i.e. without my choice - "anti-piracy support measures". I like my system to be as clean as possible (I even use the pico gapps from tk so as to not install anything I don't want) and not want any extra "features" which are detrimental.

Tomorrow, they might think that xposed or ad blockers are bad - or some of them may even do worse things like what Lenovo did (not saying that AICP is doing that) - do not want to get into that situation. I am on Android because there is freedom of choice as compared to iOS and Windows, don't want it to get curtailed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All, I could able to fix the FM Radio on XenonHD current version (0706 build). After the compass fix (thanks to @vasishath) I was looking for a fix for the FM radio. As I didn't get any solution, thought of giving it a try myself.

I have tested it on my Mi3, it is working fine. Need confirmation from Mi4 users whether it is working or not.
    Do not forget to change the Region from FM setting for your country.

Will it work on any other ROM where FM is not working or not there at all? Check the EDIT section.

Enjoy & Thanks!

EDIT 1: The fix is working on both AOSP and CM based ROMs where FM is inbuilt, hence changing the name of the thread and also the file name. :)
    Thanks @pkatsaras (on Mi4 Banks CM build) for the confirmation.

EDIT 2: The fix is working on ROMs where FM is not present by default. You just need to create the required directory structure first before flashing it. Here is the link which has the detailed instructions.
    Thanks @heerarana (on RR 07/24 build) for the confirmation.
    Thanks. It worked.
    Worked for me too... I'm in Team eos mi3
    This fix is working perfectly on my Mi4 on latest resurrection remix rom!

Huge thanks!
    Working fine on AICP 10 release...
    Thank you...